• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This is a Red Orchestra 2 forum. Not a Battlefield 3 forum.

We can talk about battlefield in this thread then....

I like Red Orchestra 2 but now as much as I could like it. Battlefield has what Red Orchestra 2 needs and Red Orchestra 2 has what Battlefield 3 needs.

1) Aiming in Battlefield is much better. Theres much more sway so it's more difficult to zero in on your target. Firefights occur more often because of this. Instead of pokeing your head out of cover and dieing or waiting for someone to poke their head out of cover and shooting them instantly....

2) Battlefield says I only have a ping of 20 but there is plenty of being shot around corners, weird warp kills and deaths...and other bizzare crap that can only be explained by "lag". It feels much nicer to play Red Orchestra and not feel cheated every time you die....Because you know why you died in Red Orchestra 2. You wasn't hiding behind a wall which does stop bullets.

3) Red Orchestra 2 feels way more "in control" of yourself. Just stuff like crouch sprinting, general movement, the animations which are more fluent...

4) Red Orchestra 2's launch and beta had much less bugs too but all bugs are annoying. No matter what game! Well, some bugs are funny =)

5) Battlefield 3's unlock system is mostly "you can have this if you like it, it's not really going to make you any better of player" but there are certainly specific weapons right now which are "Use this weapon, now your Mr Skillbags who can take down everyone"

6) Battlefield 3 also has lots of spawn kills. lots and lots and lots and lots...and lots...

So right now the only reason I feel more compelled to play Battlefield 3 instead of Red Orchestra is mainly because of the lack of shoot outs in RO2. Too high accuracy. Too easy to kill. Too many people scared to poke their head out of cover so they stay inside on a corner.

I can't wait for a RO2 mod though. I hope they make the game more of a frantic shootout than a 64 player deserted western style show down.

Upvote 0
We can talk about battlefield in this thread then....

I like Red Orchestra 2 but now as much as I could like it. Battlefield has what Red Orchestra 2 needs and Red Orchestra 2 has what Battlefield 3 needs.

1) Aiming in Battlefield is much better. Theres much more sway so it's more difficult to zero in on your target. Firefights occur more often because of this. Instead of pokeing your head out of cover and dieing or waiting for someone to poke their head out of cover and shooting them instantly....
Stopped reading here, you know the SVD is a semi auto that has LESS recoil than the G41 and STV? Its a monster that ruins metro...

Upvote 0
infact you check out 2 rounds of uncut HD gameplay here from me last night =)

Battlefield 3 Open Multiplayer Beta Max Graphics HD - YouTube

I tried to Record some Red Orchestra 2 but it was literally me just running with my squad mates (friends on mumble and about 4-5-6 of them). Setting up my machine gun. Not seeing anything. They'll fire a few shots. They'll kill them or die in approximately 1 bullet. Take the zone. Move up. Occasionally see one. Get a few MG hip fire shots. Then hey presto 20 minutes have passed and I just didn't want to show the game like that to my friends X.x

I keep my record button on ready though every time I log into Red Orchestra 2. I WILL GET SOME GOOD AWESOME GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE! I refuse to believe this game can't be awesome for atleast 1 round.

edit: The video shows plenty of bugs so you can hate on the game =) Although some are more subtle such as sprinting/crouch is pretty unresponsive at times. The transition between the two stages not sprinting and crouching alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why do people constantly need to convince other people about their opinion?

If you like game A, that's fine. Shut up, play it, and have fun.
Do you like game B? Also fine, just shut up and go play it ...

I for one am not interested what YOU like, because I will just play the games I like.

This is how a lot of people think and unfortunately, somewhere in the middle of all that are cold heart facts about games which we completely forget about.

This hurts games. Right now. The game "MAG" for the Ps3 has the most superior network code design of all games. It makes the game much smoother based on what you see (Fact) because it's basing more things on your client rather than what the server says. It makes Europe-America play visually better. (No one warps around, occasionally someone will speed up or slow down but nothing dramatic - Fact). When you shoot someone and the hit indicator comes up. You shot them (fact). None of this false information your client feeds you which the server completely gives no damn about.

All games should be trying to create their own MAG network code. All FPS shooter developers should have played MAG, done some research, and found out what kind of technology or ideas are availible to improve all games in general.

But the sad truth is no one gives a bloody damn in the industry at the moment. And the gamers are the ones which will suffer in complete ignorance or just total acceptance because of lack of alternatives. Now, anyone who plays a FPS online and doesn't go "Oh WTF how'd that happen". MAG networking code would most likely of countered that situation or at least half the amount of times that occurs =)

Upvote 0
It seems the fanboys on these boards are more vocal about it than anyone. They would actually rather talk about BF3 and trash to it make them feel superior to those "mindless twitch shooter console noobs" because they only play the "uber realistic shooters that actually require skill." They can't get that kind of ego stroking circle jerk just talking by about RO2 on the RO2 boards.

Edit: I see the fanboys have downvoted my post. Thanks for proving my point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
inuki said:
because it's basing more things on your client rather than what the server says.

On a PC game - the more clientside stuff you have, the easier it is to cheat. Probably works better on a console.
I think Serious Sam had a lot of clientside calculations, and ive heard there was a lot of cheats for it.

At least its not that many cheaters in RO2 yet(just seen 2-3 obvious ones).

Upvote 0
One in the same
Funny how some people will use the same name across multiple forums.

Since they moved an OP saying its a RO2 forum to a non-RO2 area, I suppose its now open for any game discussion. Like how I will probably pick up BF3 eventually, but am still more interested in how far RO2 will go with fixes and mods. Maybe someday the Total War series will move to WWII, then Tripwire and CA can make a joint project that lets you either move the units or jump into the unit and play it as an FPS. Man, would that get confusing fast...

Upvote 0