• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Story

DraKon2k

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Hello,

while I really enjoyed playing The Ball and thought it was definitely 20 bucks well spent, I must really say that imo the story telling totally failed. I have no clue what happened, only some vague ideas about some ancient race/gods. So on one side I'd really encourage you to for example look at Portal, ingame storytelling really worked there. I mean the game(ball) was still great, but if there was actually a good story(that is presented in a way that makes you interested and not wait for the 10seconds of the voice to pass) it would kinda bring it to a higher level. Same goes for the secrets, why would I care for secrets if all I get is some lines of text from a story I have no idea about?

So could someone please explain the story/history to me? The ending of the game kinda reminded me of the last indiana jones movie and I was just as much "WTF" in that moment lol.

Hello,

while I really enjoyed playing The Ball and thought it was definitely 20 bucks well spent, I must really say that imo the story telling totally failed. I have no clue what happened, only some vague ideas about some ancient race/gods. So on one side I'd really encourage you to for example look at Portal, ingame storytelling really worked there. I mean the game(ball) was still great, but if there was actually a good story(that is presented in a way that makes you interested and not wait for the 10seconds of the voice to pass) it would kinda bring it to a higher level. Same goes for the secrets, why would I care for secrets if all I get is some lines of text from a story I have no idea about?

So could someone please explain the story/history to me? The ending of the game kinda reminded me of the last indiana jones movie and I was just as much "WTF" in that moment lol.

QFT. I bought the game because it had TWI's fingerprints on it ;). While the game is good and rock solid as a puzzle game the whole time I play it I'm thinking how much better it would be if it were like portal in regards to the storyline...:(

Upvote 0
true, gamers get spoiled. And while I wasent expecting something to trump portal, I was expecting some story, the mood and feeling of the game could have evoked so much more had they been handled right. I think I'll ad this to my list of games where combat was a bad idea. ( game could have been better if they scraped combat and designed a more story oriented game that pulled you in..)

Thats just an IMO, game was still good.

Upvote 0