• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

7.jpg

Upvote 0
Again this thread needed some severe moderation, we are getting pretty fed up having to deal with this over and over again.

the first one to post another pic which is obviously insulting or inapropriate will see a perm ban and this thread will be locked permanently.

and the same goes for anyone that feels the need to restart yet another one.

If you guys can not behave, go and find another place to waste your time

Upvote 0
ownedki8.jpg

Penguin fight!

btw. Who was insulted by what? Was that the same reason why someone locked the other threads too? At least you posted first in this one, but still the info is pretty vague.
Was it an insult of a member, an ethnic group, a minority, a gender, a politician or a celebrity? Was it funny or downright rude?
Just let us know what we can post and what we can't post or else this thread might get locked too without us ever knowing why.

Upvote 0
Well I guess your sense isn't as "common" as everybody elses or else there wouldn't have been a need to moderate anything in here. I only asked to share your perception of "common" sense so that we can adopt to it. Even a rough description of went wrong in this and the locked threads would be enough. I can't make much of the word "inapropriate" because that can mean a lot, especially since the political correctness wave. Just tell us in a few words how low your treshhold is. :rolleyes:

I don't even want to discuss it. If, for some reason, black humour is "inapropriate" already, so be it. I just want to know it before I get banned for nothing.

Found this on deviantArt.

Upvote 0
Those are the rules. Tough. We are here to enforce them. It's your obligation to abide by them.

DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something.

Reactions: MrLebanon
Upvote 0
biglebowski21.jpg

The Dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take great comfort in that.

Its even written in the rules that what might be mild humour to some might be an insult for others so of course in the end moderators have to decide. However the other threads seemed pretty clean to me (maybe due to moderation, I don't know) but suddenly they were all locked and I never saw the image that got them locked.
So I wondered if it was just "mild humour" or worse and so far no one bothered to describe what got the old threads locked. Only that posts were "inappropriate". Great.

Again: I don't want to whine about an inappropriate locks nor do I want to start a discussion whether what got the other threads locked was really bad enough to justify it. I just want to know what was considered bad in the past.

If you say that it was a harsh racist joke, a beaver picture (not the "amphibious rodent, for... um, ya know domestic... within the city... " which wouldn't be legal either of course) or anything else that describes what happened that would be enough.
Just so I and others who are interested in it, know if we are safe with our "mild humour" pictures because the deleted ones were really OVER THE LINE or if we have to keep our "mild humour" pictures for ourselves too. Is that really too much to ask for?

Upvote 0