• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The kick poll system

manoleirando

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 3, 2013
Yesterday, for example i enter a 5/6 server and started playing in round 2/10. Without any reason, at the end of the wave, someone started a kick poll against me and they succeeded.

Playing with GS i joined forces with a Commando and Swat. Their only reason i think was i killed more zeds than them... but i dont know. At one side of the map were this two and in other side were a SS, Demo and Medic. I prefer to join the other two to kill a bite more and earn money to get better weapons.

The system is unfair and some people abuse kicking players without reason. Sometimes i dont want to enter another server after this kind of things. Yesterday was only 1 round, ok, but when they do this and you played like 5 or 6 rounds the only thing i want to do is to close the game and do something else.

This happened to me only two or three times. I always play in public servers and i suffered this in servers with only two players or full.

The only time i started a kick poll (and we succeeded) was because of a player closing doors and welding them in front of the rest when going to the trader.

What do you think about the kick system?

I think it would be nice if they copied Medieval Warfare's poll system where the poll has to finish a countdown before the result goes into effect. That gives all the players some time to communicate so they can discuss why the kick was started and also gives you a chance to be like "Dude, what the hell?" and discuss with the players to avoid getting kicked (or tell them off before you get kicked because they're all a bunch of pricks). I know for a fact that something like this would have stopped the one and only time I, personally, have been vote kicked so far.

For the curious, look upon yonder spoiler's content.
Spoiler!

Reactions: clconx
Upvote 0
1. But there is a countdown no? Albeit a short one! Plus discussing kicking a player either happens before the vote is started (low level, troll/griefer, steal weapon, bad perk choice etc) OR it doesnt! Ive been kicked more times in KF2 (1100h) than in KF1 (2400h)! In my experience there is not always a good reason for kicking ppl.

My issue with the whole thing is the lack of clarity, transparency and the lack of accountability.

2. What Id like to see is MOST importantly who started the vote: Either a player or a admin.

I was on a server with two ppl who kicked me after they died even though I could not help them as I only had my basic equipment as commando. When I returned to the server (new map) they were both there. I started to ask why they kicked me (in between calling them names) and they said that the admin had kicked me! As there was no information on screen - who do I believe?

3. Another thing is Id like to see who votes to kick OR at the very least which players are friends with whom.

Sometimes it can be as simple as ppl just not wanting to play with others but cant passwd protect their game (or dont know how) even if its their own. Most of the time I suspect it is not. They may also be waiting for friends to join. If its a friends only game I need to know in the server browser so I can avoid it.

In addition:

4. If ppl want to kick a low level I would like to see their overall hrs spent and the levels they have for other perks. If a steam profile is hidden then you cant tell if the play will need to be carried or not. Now while Im happy to let low levels stay most of the time, if Im playing with friends who need an achievement then I will usually kick that player OR ask them to change to a higher perk. Cant really tell who is worth trying to carry and who isnt.

5. Probably the biggest peeve I have is not being able to keep track of the ****s who troll, grief rambo or just play badly. I want to be able to mark a play as undesirable so I can at least see either in the browser or when i join a game who immediately I have had a bad experience with before so I can leave them in peace and they can leave me in peace. I really detest wasting my time with such players and it can be avoid altogther. This should reduce the amount of votekicking alot Id wager. Its got to the point for me that I have to block them through my profile and then check to see if they were added there. Since I started playing KF2 the ppl on my Blocked List has gone from <50 to 350+! ^^ All bc Id rather know who Im playing with b4 I start playing. Wheres the sense in not having such a feature!?

6. Also having a idea of how many votekicks a player has started and voted on would give you an idea of the sort of player(s) you are playing with. If this could be displayed somewhere..... :)

7. Its the same with servers.... Ironically I have to add them to favorites so I can avoid them! ^^ Even the f2p NMRiH had a blacklist for servers!

Anyway my personal viewpoint of votekicking is that there is no perfect system. The best you can hope for is to make a well informed/reasoned choice for you game and know who the players are, that you are playing with. If you have history with a certain player(s) then its generally a good idea to avoid them or the servers they inhabit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0