• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "good" suggestions are piling up.

C_Gibby

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
I've just thought about all the great ideas that have actually popped up on the Ideas & suggestion forums that actually could be implemented. Like the gunslinger perk, weapon variety, Unreal Engine 3, more maps like candlesmoke and some specimen ideas (for this, too many specimens seem futuristic & out-of-place. Model/concept changes to these ideas, perhaps? :rolleyes:)

I just have a feeling that with all these suggestions that work could send KF spiralling in the same way as L4D. A sequel. I can imagine that it could be great, I mean, think of all the content that we already have being put into the sequel will all sorts of gigantic changes and extras that could be added.

If KF went the same way as L4D would you buy the sequel?

Or would you boycott it?

I never meant it could be easy. just that the ideas could be good. Take the gunslinger, for starters. A sharpie nerf that's being waited for, yay. I'm not a fool, the games development industry holds sooo many complicated jobs. It's just that if TWI implements more and more stuff in the coming years, Kf will become too big, It'll be time for an overhaul or something. This happened to L4D, and maybe a few other games and I will not be suprised if the same thing happens to KF. My point is is that will we be expecting boycotters for the wonderful world of KF?

Upvote 0
My point is is that will we be expecting boycotters for the wonderful world of KF?

If I remember rightly the people who boycotted L4D2 did it because it featured alot of african american zombies... or the cast was very racially stereotypical. Something like that anyway. Yes somehow having different races in the game was deemed to be highly offensive, as opposed to having an entirely caucasian cast.

Go figure...

And to answer your question... I would probably be looking forward to Killing Floor 2 more than water in the sahara desert. And I would royally mock anyone who tried to boycott it :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If I remember rightly the people who boycotted L4D2 did it because it featured alot of african american zombies... or the cast was very racially stereotypical. Something like that anyway. Yes somehow having different races in the game was deemed to be highly offensive, as opposed to having an entirely caucasian cast.

Go figure...

And to answer your question... I would probably be looking forward to Killing Floor 2 more than water in the sahara desert. And I would royally mock anyone who tried to boycott it :)

Well most people are idiots i live in Louisiana and heres the ratio in my opinion:

8/10 black, 1.5/10 white, .5/10 brown :D!
-----------------------------------------------------------
ALso KF is still young i think the KF2 ideas are just retarded,

SO i wouldn't boycott it or never expect it any time soon!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
why again do people bring up "KF2"? how long is it going to take for people to realize TWI isn't Valve....TW sequels don't pop out a year after a game was released. it's taken how many years for RO to get the long awaited RO2 (HOS) out the door? i can handle people talking about waiting for KF to get expanded on because i hope for that as well, but everytime i see people posting about KF2 only one year into the life of KF, i have to cringe. :eek:

people can't boycott a sequel that hasn't yet been confirmed and even if it has been decided by TW to make one, it's nowhere close to even being in production. i dont think we really need to be worrying about people boycotting an imaginary sequel, but instead we should be worrying more about people boycotting KF due to it growing stale and not because of too much content content being added to it ;)

Upvote 0
If KF went the same way as L4D would you buy the sequel?

Or would you boycott it?
Dude, it's not possible to go the same way anymore.

For starters, there has already been truckloads of new free content, more than l4d has ever seen despite being announced.
It is also already older than 1 year.
Bugs are actually getting fixed instead of letting the community beg for it for up to a whole year.

There is absolutely no reason to boycott a killing floor 2.

Upvote 0
I'd definitely buy the sequel as long as it improved enough on the first. More of the same wouldn't really be so great, since we've already got options for variety with community maps and mutators.

If I remember rightly the people who boycotted L4D2 did it because it featured alot of african american zombies... or the cast was very racially stereotypical.

Actually it's because the players wanted more free content for L4D instead of having to buy another game. Not sure where you get the idea that it has anything to do with stereotypes (although I do remember that one article that stated that having some black zombies in a game is somehow racist).

Upvote 0
Are you being sarcastic, or is that actually what you heard?

Yeesh. The REAL reason people boycotted L4D2 was because Valve promised the sky in terms of DLC and attention when L4D released. Players expected TF2 levels of support.

What happened instead was Valve went completely silent on L4D for months. They released a patch or two, to fix major problems. They didn't even get the damn level editor out for 6 months.

When they finally released something tangible, it was two MP maps that hadn't made it into the initial release, yet existed as campaign maps. Players had already hacked the maps into the game, just to show Valve how slow they were being.

And then...the last straw came when they announced L4D2. "Blah blah blah L4D will still get support, we see no problems with splitting the community, blah blah blah." They released a new game mode for L4D to calm the masses, which was something players had, again, already achieved through simple console command months before. Valve just slapped a score system on it and tweaked a few maps to make it possible.

Guess what game is Left 4 Dead atm.

That was the reason behind the boycott. EA wanted in on L4D, couldn't make it work, and when L4D sold big, EA wanted in again and Valve said "okey dokey!"

Why is this COMPLETELY irrelevant to the never promised, often fantasized about KF2? Because TWI delivered 90% of what they promised, and in a lot of cases more than anyone expected, a long time ago. The KF community has played the game through and through, in and out and loved it dearly. If KF2 came around, I wouldn't feel the least bit ripped off or lied to. I will never be able to say that about L4D, or Valve.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with the above reason.

However I would not want to see KF2 right now. But heck, TWI is working on HOS right now so I really doubt there is any work, much less a decision, on KF2. So if they game was made, it would be at least a year if not more before it came out- a respectable time frame IMO.

My biggest issue with KF2 lies in the community content. I good deal of core content of the game would likely be changed, likely a jump to a new engine, which would leave behind all the user content. If KF2 ever appears I would definitely buy it but would not be happy unless it made significant changes since all the user content would be left for dead.

Upvote 0
My biggest issue with KF2 lies in the community content. I good deal of core content of the game would likely be changed, likely a jump to a new engine, which would leave behind all the user content. If KF2 ever appears I would definitely buy it but would not be happy unless it made significant changes since all the user content would be left for dead.

exactly what im thinkin also.. so assuming your correct that there's no KF2 in sight at least in a year or so, here's hoping TWI would release (after sorting out RO) sortov downloadable content/expansion packs containing new maps or possibly new specimens or perks (fanmade contributions are very much welcome)be possible at the very least?

or...

forget everything i said earlier, and oh no i will still play KF until i got bored again for a week of non-stop playing before deciding to hybernate again till i missed it again and play non-stop again for a week...and on and on..:D

Upvote 0
Not sure a KF2 will ever be released from TWI since KF was only a ''cash-cow'' that gave enough money to TWI to make a top-notch game that will put them on the map.... HOS. If RO:HOS become popular enough, i dont think TWI will ever look back on KF. After all, KF is a pain in the *** with all the whitelists.

Upvote 0
Are you being sarcastic, or is that actually what you heard?

Well I do deal with hundreds of games on a daily basis, so I've probably blended something into another. I'm pretty sure I heard something about that for L4D2, cause I remember taking the piss out of the boycotters like mad for it ;)

Either way lack of support for the original game is no reason to boycott a game. Being blatantly backstabbed and bum raped in favour of Xbox fanboys ala CoDMW2 is a reason to boycott a game.

I don't know if there will ever be a KF2, and tbh I don't think I would mind if there wasn't. KF is freaking awesome, and even if I grow bored of it and never play it again... I'll still have fond memories of blasting away hordes of Kevins minions to save Britain.

Its nice to have something set in the UK that wasn't a total lost cause until the Americans totally save our retarded tea drinking butts :)

KF4eva! :cool:

Upvote 0
Either way lack of support for the original game is no reason to boycott a game. Being blatantly backstabbed and bum raped in favour of Xbox fanboys ala CoDMW2 is a reason to boycott a game.
A lack of support is every reason to boycott a game. Valve promised support and had supported their other games well before but they could not every keep pace with the few players trying to cobble together new stuff since there were few patches and no dev kit. Value failed completely at supporting a mostly mutliplayer game after it was released.

Then they announce L4D2 which basically spells death for L4D since many of the players will migrate to the new game only a year after the original was released. Saying that that reeked of greed and that L4D2 was really just a reskinning of L4D, a boycott was encouraged of L4D2 so that Valve would know that players would not be spoon-fed crap and L4D would continue to have lots of players since they would refuse to purchase the sequel.

Of course thus failed completely and they the protestors caved also since they wanted to play L4D but had few people to play with.

Also, I would be ok with no KF2 on the basis that I still boot up kf-mod from time to time. While new content would be welcome, I played mod for years with few changes.

Upvote 0
Not sure a KF2 will ever be released from TWI since KF was only a ''cash-cow'' that gave enough money to TWI to make a top-notch game that will put them on the map.... HOS. If RO:HOS become popular enough, i dont think TWI will ever look back on KF. After all, KF is a pain in the *** with all the whitelists.
Sorry to say but if TWI takes this road than I'm not going to support them. RO is extremely noob-unfriendly as I stated in the KF is dying thread, and I can't picture myself supporting any company just for a game like that.

Upvote 0
Sorry to say but if TWI takes this road than I'm not going to support them. RO is extremely noob-unfriendly as I stated in the KF is dying thread, and I can't picture myself supporting any company just for a game like that.

Well when you look at what happen with the last update, it seems like they prefer getting more money than simply fixing some problems (and seriously, playing with some numbers is really a long job to do?).

Upvote 0