• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The game has become boring! Need to make it harder! idea!

mruttilizator

Mar 24, 2020
Hello!

1) Quite a lot of experienced players have already appeared who are not interested in playing HARD! This mode is easy to go through, please add a more complex mode - super Hard
2) To make the game process more interesting, I propose to make it so that players can intervene in someone else's game in the form of Zed mutants! Let's say there is a classic Hard game - survival, things are going well, but suddenly Zed breaks into the game and it is controlled by a living person! The game will get harder! (there is a game mode of mutants versus survivors, but this mode is boring. It will be more interesting if unpredictably, players could interfere in someone else's game, unexpectedly)

Today I was playing endless and was swapping perks to raise them. I decided what the hell, I'll switch to my way underplayed Survivalst who was a level 4, with an RPG and HX Pistol. So I'm somewhere close to wave 30. I get a husk wave with 37 husks (and a few edars thrown in for good measure). It was the most fun I've had in a long time. Also I was on the map Nuked. I was constantly jumping and running backward and I was laughing out loud at how many Husks and edars were shooting. It was crazy fun. About 4 or 5 spawned very close and as I ran past them they all turned their flame thrower at me. Amazingly I survived. I was laughing so hard that I accidentally voted and skipped the trader. Luckily Nuked has a lot of ammo crates. I had almost no armor. It wasn't as fun as the husk wave but I enjoyed both waves :) Also got my Survivalist from level 4 to level 9 in that one game!

Reactions: infntnub
Upvote 0
Uhh... HARD is not hard actually, it's normal where Zeds deal x1.0 damage versus reduced (say x.07) in NORMAL.

Yeah, I'm not sure if the OP meant literally Hard difficulty or was just saying in general the game was too easy.

It was definately written in a way that sounds like he's talking about Hard difficulty though lol.

I still find HOE challenging. The Random teammate factor tends to be the variable that creates the most challenge though.

If you have a rambo medic or a firebug lighting all the scrakes on fire the game changes quickly - next thing you know a husk sneaks into the scene and fries half your team before self detonating lol.

Ah.. good times.

Upvote 0
Ye and it's called Hell on Earth.... Only problem is that experienced players cheese the game so hard on that difficulty, that it not only becomes easy, but also extremely boring to play.

If you have a party that do not actively exploit broken mechanics, the hardest difficulty can actually be challenging and fun.

Upvote 0
IMO, i think difficulty could do with some reworks. Perhaps this could work?

Beginner: Normal in its current implementation (Level 0-10 recommended)
Normal: Hard in its current implementation (Level 5 to 15)
Hard: Suicidal before the Summer 2018 event (Level 15-24 for multiplayer, recommended difficulty for Level 25 solo play)
Suicidal: Suicidal in its current implementation (Level 25 and multiple players recommended)
Hell on Earth: HoE in its current implementation (You're probably a masochist)
The Zombie Apocalypse: New difficulty with new mechanics. Harder than HoE

The mental image i have for "Harder than HoE" would probably turn KF2 into a completely new game entirely. Would rudimentary survival mechanics be welcomed?

Reactions: mruttilizator
Upvote 0
IMO, i think difficulty could do with some reworks. Perhaps this could work?

Beginner: Normal in its current implementation (Level 0-10 recommended)
Normal: Hard in its current implementation (Level 5 to 15)
Hard: Suicidal before the Summer 2018 event (Level 15-24 for multiplayer, recommended difficulty for Level 25 solo play)
Suicidal: Suicidal in its current implementation (Level 25 and multiple players recommended)
Hell on Earth: HoE in its current implementation (You're probably a masochist)
The Zombie Apocalypse: New difficulty with new mechanics. Harder than HoE

The mental image i have for "Harder than HoE" would probably turn KF2 into a completely new game entirely. Would rudimentary survival mechanics be welcomed?

If by "survival mechanics" you're thinking of hunger, thirst, sleep and the like... I'd have to say that it would indeed be better to base a whole new game around it. Can't really wish to scavenge the whole map for bandages because I'm bleeding out to death. At least not with the current meta.

Upvote 0
I think for a KF2 survival mode to work, I think it can still be mostly the same game, albeit with a much higher lethality for both players and zeds. For food, I imagine the trader pod can cook up some nutritious meals that can give you some buffs that can last a whole wave but if you'd rather stock up on guns and ammo, then standard rations could do enough to stave off hunger.

As for medical supplies, I imagine they'd be a temporary modifier to "Heal Self" more than anything.

Upvote 0