• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Brute :: Final Release

A small bug report:

I'm able to shoot brutes pretty easily through welded doors. Their hitboxes simply goes way through the closed doors when their're attacking a door close up.

Also, a side question:

Does it make sense to have the brute installed on a client that doesn't need the mutator itself, because it isn't doesn't make servers itself to play on? But that only plays on servers that's using the brute mutator. In term of performance. Instead of caching from a server to get the files. Or is it saved forever, ready to use, after the first download from a server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A small bug report:

Does it make sense to have the brute installed on a client that doesn't need the mutator itself, because it isn't doesn't make servers itself to play on? But on servers using the brute mutator. In term of performance. Instead of caching from a server to get the files. Or is it saved forever, ready to use, after the first download from a server.

Installing manually will mean not having to download it from the server/redirect. If you download from the server/redirect it sits in your cache for 30 days (that time can be changed though via ini) unless its used within that time. If you take a break from KF, then you'll need to download it again (it may just need KF loaded in that time, not actual use)

Upvote 0
If you want to add it to sandbox mode the name is KFBruteFinal.ZombieBrute and if you're running a server with sandbox mode you'll need to add KFBrute to your server packages (this is not required when using one of the mutators since they add it for you).

I like my server to start up with the mutators active because I keep things automated.

I want to make sure how to do this.

Is this correct for the mutator start up line:

Code:
mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut

Is this correct for killingfloor.ini:

Code:
[Engine.GameEngine]

ServerActors=KFBrute

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like my server to start up with the mutators active because I keep things automated.

I want to make sure how to do this.

Is this correct for the mutator start up line:

Code:
mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut

Is this correct for killingfloor.ini:

Code:
[Engine.GameEngine]

ServerActors=KFBrute

If you use the mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut
then you also need to add it to your vote config too.

Or put it in your ServerActors=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut

Upvote 0
Found a bug, not sure if anyone else has experienced.

While testing out the brute for the first time on westlondon, I noticed a Brute and Husk attacking each other. Husk won by the way.

Pretty sure this isn't intended.

So adding ServerActors=KFBrute to the KillingFloor.ini means I don't have to login to WebAdmin every time I want to start the mutator? Because that is going to get a little old especially since the server seems to restart itself every day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually the zeds tend to do that from time to time. The Brute is very aggresive, so he tends to get in fights with other zeds more often. But, you will find that the fleshpounds and scakes fight each other sometimes as well. :) I actually find it funny and actually pretty cool and realistic like. Because they are mutated creatures... :p so, they want to do one thing, to kill. So in that case, in realism, they would fight each other sometimes. :) Just how I look at it ;)

To make the Brute run in every game. Place it in your serverpackages, and also, place it in you kf batch file, so that way the mutator will load when your server loads :)

KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut

Add that to your server batch, and the mutator will load each time :) Also, keep it in your killingfloor.ini serverpackages :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Adding Brutes to a dedicated server

Adding Brutes to a dedicated server

To clear any installation questions up on this. ( for dedicated online servers )

Install all files to the correct directories, system to system etc etc.

Once done, start your server up and open webadmin.

" add Brutes " > "add selected mutators" > "restart map" it's done :)

NOTE:
it may not show as active on your mutator list, mine was unticked but it does work so don't worry guys, enjoy this mutator he's awesome!

Sicko job WPC :)

So I did all that from webadmin and all it said each time for each command was "unrecognized command." So... What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0