• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Brute :: Final Release

Love the now animations and model! Qompletely amazing, really makes HoE games funnier :D
Animations: 5/5 (I can now see that he is a boxer on his movement! Really fluent anims.)
Model: 5/5 (His arm-armor looks way better then the preview and shows is blocking ability!)
Texture: 5/5 (Now fits the KF Zed style perfectly!)

I already said in previous posts that I love his behavior, tactics requirement

In the other duplicate of this thread some brute killing tactics were mentioned. Supp HSG is maybe good against him... but so is solo sharp + xbow.

Here's how: Spam some 9mm love into his body to make him rage, switch to xbow and no-scope hs his head when he tries to hit you.

Why rage him? Quz if you do he won't protect his head while trying to hit you, this makes him vulnerable for a long time. If he isn't raging then he will bash you away and keep his fists in his face.
If you can kill stuff with a blow to their head with a melee weapon then you can no-scope hs brutes with xbow.

I want brute in kf-testmap6p.rom, fix please? So that there's someting there that can teach me who I shouldn't mess with alone, except for patty lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am getting some short term lag when the 2nd wave begins to spawn brute and shivers. It's not just the normal loading lag because it happens between 10-20 seconds afterward. Sometimes the lag happens a couple of times during this time. And it can get you killed because the game skips some seconds where you cannot really move, but the specimens will during the lag.

I guess that is unavoidable getting some more loading lag, however, it only happens on the first load on the first game. If you play the same map again right afterward (same server, also) there doesn't seem to be any added loading lag. Probably because it's precached on the client/server. But the lag will return again at some point between map change/reseting KF - or something like that.

A possible solution (not that I'd know) could be to precache the brute/shiver when loading maps/starting servers? If that could be done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As to the brute itself. I love it. I find it easy to sole on normal difficulty, at least. Especially when you have already figured out how to micro properly against him. You just have to learn the dance of death with him. Then he'll wont get to hit you very often. This is on a open map/place, that is. It's quite easy to shoot him in the legs to kill him. I think the first couple of times you face him, his very hard to kill, but he gets easier quickly. It feels, overall, balanced enough for normal difficulty.

2nd wave is a good time to spawn, I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No offense Proxy, but everything is easy to solo on normal. TBH, the difficulty should feel almost too easy there. because beginner is so-easy-it-hurts, and normal is just-easier-than-it-should-be. hard is really the about-as-difficult-as-it-should-be-for-regular-play.

And once you go on hard or higher, especially wiht multiple people, he becomes much harder because you can't just shoot his legs easy. and when you hit suicidal... Brutes become a big problem.

Upvote 0
No offense Proxy, but everything is easy to solo on normal. TBH, the difficulty should feel almost too easy there. because beginner is so-easy-it-hurts, and normal is just-easier-than-it-should-be. hard is really the about-as-difficult-as-it-should-be-for-regular-play.

And once you go on hard or higher, especially wiht multiple people, he becomes much harder because you can't just shoot his legs easy. and when you hit suicidal... Brutes become a big problem.

Yes, of course. I just said for normal difficulty play it seemed easy enough. It's just that I hear many people say that it's very hard (some on unknown settings, that I read), therefore, I thought I'd give my user imput for how the Brute plays under normal difficulty. Too hard or too easy - or whatever, really.

In short; I don't think he'll be much of a problem for people that like to play on that difficulty. It seem balanced enough. Even easy, yes.

You thought, that I thought, that I was a real tough bastard for playing this game on normal (atm); raping the brute by the numbers, ezpz. lol. That's is funny, but not true. :D But I can understand why you thought so by reading my own post again. I edited that post to reflect my actual meaning with it, clearer now. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0