• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Brute :: Final Release

what the update? Dont ask me, Ive made a new mesh, texture and animations... Its been in Benjamins hands for months now hehe.

*cough* like most mods that involve Benjamin*cough*
(see? I can be mean too Benji :p )

;) (just a little joke Ben)

Well at this time, I don't have the .u file for the brute, even joining a server and downloading, it doesn't give me the .u file so I can't add it to "The Rotting" :(

Upvote 0
Custom trader won't ever make whitelist lol. then you could take, say, a nuke launching machine gun that gives you 100000000 health per hit, put it in the trader, and have it in a whitelisted game :p

Hahah I guess you're right haha that'd be OP/IMBA and no one would play on a game like that unless you wanted domination hahaha :IS2:

Custom Trader is greylisted, in my experience it will allow you to use your perks with custom weapons, but that is it. (At least I'm pretty certain it was doing that.)

Hehe thanks.. Good thing those weapon mods have their mutators which allow me to have them accessible via the trader =]

Thanks fellas!:cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In what order should stand mutators that they were all active?
My BAT:

ucc server KF-biohazard.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=12?AdminName=CraZZy495?AdminPassword=Raptor8?KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft?Mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut?Mutator=IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27.MutKFWeaponPack?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker?ini=killingfloor.ini
@echo off
cls
echo Protecting srcds from crashes...
title log
:srcds
echo (%time%) KF server started.
start /wait ucc server KF-departed.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=12?AdminName=CraZZy495?AdminPassword=Raptor8?KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft?Mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut?Mutator=IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27.MutKFWeaponPack?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker?ini=killingfloor.ini
echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting....
goto srcds

Upvote 0
In what order should stand mutators that they were all active?
My BAT:

ucc server KF-biohazard.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=12?AdminName=CraZZy495?AdminPassword=Raptor8?KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft?Mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut?Mutator=IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27.MutKFWeaponPack?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker?ini=killingfloor.ini
@echo off
cls
echo Protecting srcds from crashes...
title log
:srcds
echo (%time%) KF server started.
start /wait ucc server KF-departed.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=12?AdminName=CraZZy495?AdminPassword=Raptor8?KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft?Mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut?Mutator=IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27.MutKFWeaponPack?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker?ini=killingfloor.ini
echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting....
goto srcds

Take out all but the first Mutator=
You add more mutators by a , as a seperator

As always, mind the extra spaces the forums put in...

KF-biohazard.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=12?AdminName=CraZZy495?AdminPassword=Raptor8?KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft?Mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut,IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27.MutKFWeaponPack,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker?ini=killingfloor.ini

Upvote 0
Take out all but the first Mutator=
You add more mutators by a , as a seperator

As always, mind the extra spaces the forums put in...

KF-biohazard.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=12?AdminName=CraZZy495?AdminPassword=Raptor8?KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft?Mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut,IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27.MutKFWeaponPack,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker?ini=killingfloor.ini

OMG, than u very much. it's all about place in command ;p

Upvote 0
I have played with the brute and I really like the fact that you've had some goals with it's behavior. It feels genuine, is the only community zed that I've sen that fits KF and so on....

But I really didn't like the funky animations that looked like he was walking in super speed instead of actually running and didn't fit with the upper body. Even worse is the black hairy texture that makes him stand out way too much from the KF style. He looks like a big gorilla. The plates he has in his arms were not visible.
AND THEN I SEE YOUR PREVIEW :eek:

It's awesome and fits KF style really well. The tone, the non-hairy nude blank style, the arm plates, the maniac face. It's all very KF-ish.
Perfect! Now I just have to see those animations made truly for him!
He really is "special", not just another slightly reskinned zed with clot behaviour. He is one of the big three that every perk has to adjust to and develop strategies to overcome + you should actually be working together to take him down since it's not just spamming his head to kill him.
And his inability to block fire will make the firebug a bit more common, just like demomen have FP as their highest priority. Whitelist this, hope I see on many servers :D

Also my requirment for KF official status approval is a way for zerkers<3 to be able to solo them without taking damage. It doesn't have to be easy (preferably hard, that's even better) but theoretically any other perk has the ability since they are ranged, only fair. If you can stun them with a well timed headblow/get behind them (solo)/avoid attacks/anything else to solo them then I'm satisfied :D
I think that if their first hit missed then they would turn around slower would make them different from Scrakes (chain stun with head blows) and FPs (Time backstep to avoid attacks and dont DPS them too much to avoid rage). It would also be harder since it forces the zerk to move to a fixed posistion to attack, behind the brute where there will usually be a bunch of weaker zeds.

Reactions: poosh
Upvote 0
For what I read, you want this to be easier to kill for berserkers...why does everyone want to overkill the berserker? :S I had someone have ago at me for not giving my berserker more spawns, more attack speed and more bonuses to make it "balanced" more...so I capped a load to keep berserker in check. This is a co-operative game and not a solo game, please remember that.

Upvote 0
For what I read, you want this to be easier to kill for berserkers...why does everyone want to overkill the berserker? :S I had someone have ago at me for not giving my berserker more spawns, more attack speed and more bonuses to make it "balanced" more...so I capped a load to keep berserker in check. This is a co-operative game and not a solo game, please remember that.
this. I play zerk alot right now because its one of my non-lvl6 perks (stil have zerk, fb and demo to go *sigh*) and i can say that i see why people love it. Because its overpowered. You can solo an FB, a Scrake, and even a brute if you know how. Sirens and husks are taken care of with an lar. its just not even that fun to me because once you get timing down, nothings hard for a zerker. Its the only class that can solo a late game wave like that, even beyond the supports capabilities.

So please, pleaaseee, don't post another "Make it have a disability for zerks to exploit" post, because that just disgusts me. Why do you want to play a game like that anyways? Its just one long kite-fest of boredom :(

Reactions: poosh
Upvote 0