• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Brute :: Final Release

champagne_by_Artdesigner.lv.png

Whitelisted. Congrats :

- Webley
- Benjamin
- Braindead

Now everybody download it, and perk up! Hell Yeah!

http://www.mostimpressive.nl/TheBrute

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
So the whitelisted version is with the old mesh, texture, and the Fleshpound animations? Well that's quite a shame. It seemed like that much needed face lift for the Brute was just on the horizon, but releasing the update now would be fairly pointless given that it wouldn't be whitelisted and actual whitelist updates are ways apart.

It is a shame, but we were given no warning that TWI were about to release an update. :(

Upvote 0
As long as the coding is kept the same, you should theoretically be able to change the anims and textures and not affect the W/L status, because it is the mutator that is whilelisted and not the media files?

True, but the changes we have in mind aren't purely cosmetic, and also one of the important cosmetic changes relies on some extra code.

Reactions: _Duke_
Upvote 0
To clear any installation questions up on this. ( for dedicated online servers )

Install all files to the correct directories, system to system etc etc.

Once done, start your server up and open webadmin.

" add Brutes " > "add selected mutators" > "restart map" it's done :)

NOTE:
it may not show as active on your mutator list, mine was unticked but it does work so don't worry guys, enjoy this mutator he's awesome!

I enabled the mutator on a linux dedicated server by adding the following line to the server's KillingFloor.ini (on the [Engine.GameEngine] section)

Code:
 ServerActors=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut
Thing is, it does not work unless I enable it on the server's Web Admin interface.
If I want it to be permamently enabled, should I add it to the command line instead of the KillingFloor.ini file?

My startup line looks like this:
Code:
./ucc-bin server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker -nohomedir ini=KillingFloor.ini
I already got the MutKFAntiBlocker there. If I were to add another mutator on the same command line, do I use a "," between the two mutators? or do I have to add:
Code:
?Mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut
after:
Code:
?MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker
I love the Brute :D:IS2::D

Upvote 0
should I add it to the command line instead of the KillingFloor.ini file?

My startup line looks like this:
Code:
./ucc-bin server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker -nohomedir ini=KillingFloor.ini
I already got the MutKFAntiBlocker there. If I were to add another mutator on the same command line, do I use a "," between the two mutators? or do I have to add:
Code:
?Mutator=KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut
after:
Code:
?MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker
I love the Brute :D:IS2::D

Add it to the command line to have it start up with the server

Just use a "," to separate the two mutators, so its going to be like this:
Code:
Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut

In your server command line

Upvote 0
I have a question to the coder, about the add brutes mutator:
When you add the specimen class to the list, to get the next letter (MID) you do:
Code:
MID = Chr(65 + i);
What's mean 65 here? Alphabet reset +1 or something like that?

Also note that you set a "KF" var but keep using "KFGameType(Level.Game)".

A is the 65th character in ASCII and the monster IDs are letters A-Z. The Chr(int) function returns the corresponding ASCII character for the numerical input.

Reactions: Phada
Upvote 0