• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Brute :: Final Release

posting as requested, only brute logs i could come across.

Code:
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/UZeds4H.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFWEAPONPACK-BETA-V3.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/SA80.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFMAXPLAYERS.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFBRUTEMUT.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/AdminPlus_v2_KF.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/KFCashMut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFCUSTOMSHOPMUTV2.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ServerPerksV4.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/SPerksAddOn.u

Upvote 0
posting as requested, only brute logs i could come across.

Code:
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/UZeds4H.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFWEAPONPACK-BETA-V3.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/SA80.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFMAXPLAYERS.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFBRUTEMUT.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/AdminPlus_v2_KF.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/KFCashMut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFCUSTOMSHOPMUTV2.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ServerPerksV4.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/SPerksAddOn.u

I see mention of the mutator there but not the actual brute package. There must be some other relevant lines in that log.

Upvote 0
You need these four files in \system\:

Brute.ini
KFBruteFinal_014.u
KFBruteMut.u
KFBruteMut.ucl

And then enable the mutator named 'add brutes' in webadmin. Make sure you do not have any old packages (such as KFBrute.u) installed since it will display mutators that no longer exist. If unsure, delete all files with 'brute' in the name from the system directory and do a fresh install.

The log files most likely give a clue as to what the problem is but without seeing them I can't tell.

Upvote 0
I saw this on a server the other night but canceled the download because I was wanting a quick game. I'm curious are headshots difficult on the Brute?

If you're playing solo, yes. Otherwise if you're the target you just have to wait until he attacks, during which you can take a shot at the head. If you're not his target you can just run around back and hit his head that way.

Upvote 0
So is this mutator white listed? I have it enabled on my server, but perk progression does not work. (Perk progression counts up, but after map change, goes back to what it use to be.) So not sure if it's because of the Brute I added a couple days ago, or if I screwed something else up.

By the way, it's fun playing with this guy. Nothing like seeing your buddy getting charged by 2 brutes as he tries to escape, I literally start lol'ing into the mic when I see it happen.

Upvote 0
So is this mutator white listed? I have it enabled on my server, but perk progression does not work. (Perk progression counts up, but after map change, goes back to what it use to be.) So not sure if it's because of the Brute I added a couple days ago, or if I screwed something else up.

By the way, it's fun playing with this guy. Nothing like seeing your buddy getting charged by 2 brutes as he tries to escape, I literally start lol'ing into the mic when I see it happen.

It does so because it is on the Greylist.

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
I've just received word that it is most likely that this specimen will be whitelisted for the next update, and quite possibly in the near future may be added as an official specimen. With that in mind, be sure to inform us of any exploits that you come across with it, as well as anything that looks like a possible bug.

Upvote 0
played the brute on my server now since it was released. Not had any issues as far as exploits. There was 1 occasion but it was on a none whitelisted map so it's not even worth mentioning. Brute hit a player into a zed free area, although they had to move to get ammo eventually and when they did. . . they died ;)

So happy to hear of word that this will be whitelisted, aswell as an official zed being a maybe . . . sooooo so happy as i know the effort gone into this thing.

Upvote 0
I've just received word that it is most likely that this specimen will be whitelisted for the next update, and quite possibly in the near future may be added as an official specimen. With that in mind, be sure to inform us of any exploits that you come across with it, as well as anything that looks like a possible bug.

I don't have any 'bugs' to report, and Tripwire may have already told you this... but the Brute could probably use a Stun Animation and an On-Fire / Panic Animation.

I figure that's something they would work out with you behind the scenes.

Upvote 0
I don't have any 'bugs' to report, and Tripwire may have already told you this... but the Brute could probably use a Stun Animation and an On-Fire / Panic Animation.

I figure that's something they would work out with you behind the scenes.

I've discussed this with the other developers (WPC, not TWI), and we decided he'd be too easy to take down if you could stun him or make him panic. TWI might have other ideas though.

Upvote 0
I've discussed this with the other developers (WPC, not TWI), and we decided he'd be too easy to take down if you could stun him or make him panic. TWI might have other ideas though.

Stun would probably make him easier to kill, yes, so it'd be more about the threshold (what causes him to be stunned)
You could make the animation and let TWI worry about the triggering factor (game balancing)

As for Burn / Panic... I actually have a really hard time head-shotting anything doing those animations, so I don't think it'd be a problem. Even the Fleshpound has one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0