• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Brute :: Final Release

Hemi

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
render_web_new.png

Brute Description

Blocking
- Whenever there is a target he will block when not doing anything else.
- Any shots within the region of the head and the blocking arm cause 10% of their normal damage.
- When not raged he will attack while blocking. Each successful hit he makes increases a counter which decreases a chance that he will block when attacking, meaning he'll use the other two attack animations. This means as he's causing more chaos he'll become more vulnerable. Successful hits landed while charging also increases this counter.
- When his hand is blocking his head – he can still be shot from the side or back of the head at full damage.
- When attacking but not raging he will attack with his block up – after a few attacks he will perform a normal attack which doesnt block
- When performing the charging throw the brute uses an animation which exsposes his head

Charging
- His charging (rage) state is caused by receiving too much damage over a short period of time (50points in 2 secs).
- When first entering the charging state he gradually (over 1-2 secs) builds up speed.
- On all difficulties above beginner he is locked to the target he is attacking, similar to other specimens.
- Whoever causes him to rage will be his first target.
- After successfully hitting his target he will switch to another if they are close enough.
- After successfully hitting his target he will calm down some, slowing his movement speed. Enough hits will calm him down completely and he'll leave the charging state. He must make 2 hits when there are 3 players or less, or 3 hits when there are more.
- He damages any other specimens he charges into.
- Charging will also automatically be triggered after a random time (10-15 secs).

Throwing
- When he hits a player he will throw them in the direction determined by the angle between him and them, with a fixed Z velocity of 150. When not charging his throw strength is reduced by 15%. Additionally, a berserker gains another 25% throw resistance.
- When charging his throw affects all players in front of him. Slightly less if players are to the side of his front angle.

Weaknesses / Strengths
- Berserker gains 25% throw resistance
- He has a 25% melee damage reduction.
- 30% reduced HEAD resistance against fire (not body)
- 10% reduced HEAD resistance against anything else (not body)
- When set on fire it slows the brute by 15% of his active speed

Tactics to defeating the Brute
- Berserker and Sharpshooter are weakest against the brute – but when working together the berserker can turn the brute so the back of the brutes head is opened to the sharp shooter
- This is even easier when slowed by fire
- A balanced perk spread across an assembled team is also a good way to defeat him – to many sharp shooters will not be effective.
- The more members on a team increases the brutes health just as it would a Fleshpounder.- This ensures he has enough health to throw players around before he is killed

Intended Implementation
- To promote teamwork and perk balance in squads
- To promote slower/weaker zombies by throwing players into them
- To promote panic and margin for error
- To bring down barricades formed by players
- To encourage the medic gun/darts

Brute Promo Commercial - YouTube

Last edited:
To clear any installation questions up on this. ( for dedicated online servers )

Install all files to the correct directories, system to system etc etc.

Once done, start your server up and open webadmin.

" add Brutes " > "add selected mutators" > "restart map" it's done :)

NOTE:
it may not show as active on your mutator list, mine was unticked but it does work so don't worry guys, enjoy this mutator he's awesome!

Sicko job WPC :)

Reactions: Missbot
Upvote 0
I think you guys did and outstanding job being the first one to create and introduce an entirely new specimen from scratch, something that was missing from all the updates since the husk patch, thats why i think you deserve more compliments than you have received, its normal to see game developers releasing one update after considerable time with a few minor things and everybody just go and praise them like gods, if this was a new patch content this thread would have 30 pages allready while people would be freaking out, thanks for the mutator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you guys did and outstanding job being the first one to create and introduce an entirely new specimen from scratch, something that was missing from all the updates since the husk patch, thats why i think you deserve more compliments than you have received, its normal to see game developers releasing one update after considerable time with a few minor things and everybody just go and praise them like gods, if this was a new patch content this thread would have 30 pages allready while people would be freaking out, thanks for the mutator.

wow...that almost made me cry... lol

Thank you so much for your support. Believe me, this mutator has cost us all dearly. More then 5 weeks of hard labor finally paid off. I myself are not returning to KF modding any time soon, my private life has taken some serious blows...so hearing people liking it kinda makes my day. It was one hell of a trip, but I am glad its over and I can return to my normal life again.

Who knows...one day ill create something again. But it will never be like the work on the Brute, specially with all the help we got. Yoshiro checking out servers, talking to us about killing floor 2 ;)

Braindead for his endless patience with n00bs like me and Webby and getting Benjamin into the game who after a while gotten quite fond the Brute. :)

What a journey eh? Fellas?

Reactions: braindead
Upvote 0