• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The Brute :: Final Release

netsky/SiE

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2010
posting as requested, only brute logs i could come across.

Code:
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/UZeds4H.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFWEAPONPACK-BETA-V3.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/SA80.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFMAXPLAYERS.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFBRUTEMUT.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/AdminPlus_v2_KF.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/KFCashMut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFCUSTOMSHOPMUTV2.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ServerPerksV4.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/SPerksAddOn.u

Gooblaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 3, 2010
Hi, is there a way i can make killing the Brute a requirement for a perk to be leveled?

How do i do this?

What do i need to edit?

Because the brute is sort of a permanent addition to my server now, and i would like to create a perk that requires killing brutes to level.

Last edited:

Benjamin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
France
posting as requested, only brute logs i could come across.

Code:
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/UZeds4H.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFWEAPONPACK-BETA-V3.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/SA80.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFMAXPLAYERS.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFBRUTEMUT.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/AdminPlus_v2_KF.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/KFCashMut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFCUSTOMSHOPMUTV2.U
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ServerPerksV4.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/SPerksAddOn.u
I see mention of the mutator there but not the actual brute package. There must be some other relevant lines in that log.

sebo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2010
Im having trouble getting him to spawn, dont see him after wave 2 either.

mutator shows up in webadmin, its enabled and show the mutator in the server browser rules as well. logs really dont show any errors.

when i connected to the server it downloaded the files with no problem..

netsky/SiE

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2010
I did still have a brute.ini file within my /system DIR . . . could this of caused any issues? Other then that i've got nothing.

Going to attempt a fresh reinstall tonight if i'm on late enough.

Will keep you posted..

Benjamin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
France
You need these four files in \system\:

Brute.ini
KFBruteFinal_014.u
KFBruteMut.u
KFBruteMut.ucl

And then enable the mutator named 'add brutes' in webadmin. Make sure you do not have any old packages (such as KFBrute.u) installed since it will display mutators that no longer exist. If unsure, delete all files with 'brute' in the name from the system directory and do a fresh install.

The log files most likely give a clue as to what the problem is but without seeing them I can't tell.

netsky/SiE

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2010
In that case i had all the correct files. Still haven't attempted a fresh re-install. . . servers just won't empty :p

drfeelgoodmd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 13, 2009
I saw this on a server the other night but canceled the download because I was wanting a quick game. I'm curious are headshots difficult on the Brute?

Benjamin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
France
I saw this on a server the other night but canceled the download because I was wanting a quick game. I'm curious are headshots difficult on the Brute?
If you're playing solo, yes. Otherwise if you're the target you just have to wait until he attacks, during which you can take a shot at the head. If you're not his target you can just run around back and hit his head that way.

loneless

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 18, 2009
So is this mutator white listed? I have it enabled on my server, but perk progression does not work. (Perk progression counts up, but after map change, goes back to what it use to be.) So not sure if it's because of the Brute I added a couple days ago, or if I screwed something else up.

By the way, it's fun playing with this guy. Nothing like seeing your buddy getting charged by 2 brutes as he tries to escape, I literally start lol'ing into the mic when I see it happen.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
So is this mutator white listed? I have it enabled on my server, but perk progression does not work. (Perk progression counts up, but after map change, goes back to what it use to be.) So not sure if it's because of the Brute I added a couple days ago, or if I screwed something else up.

By the way, it's fun playing with this guy. Nothing like seeing your buddy getting charged by 2 brutes as he tries to escape, I literally start lol'ing into the mic when I see it happen.
It does so because it is on the Greylist.

Reactions: Benjamin

Benjamin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
France
I've just received word that it is most likely that this specimen will be whitelisted for the next update, and quite possibly in the near future may be added as an official specimen. With that in mind, be sure to inform us of any exploits that you come across with it, as well as anything that looks like a possible bug.

netsky/SiE

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2010
played the brute on my server now since it was released. Not had any issues as far as exploits. There was 1 occasion but it was on a none whitelisted map so it's not even worth mentioning. Brute hit a player into a zed free area, although they had to move to get ammo eventually and when they did. . . they died ;)

So happy to hear of word that this will be whitelisted, aswell as an official zed being a maybe . . . sooooo so happy as i know the effort gone into this thing.

_Duke_

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 22, 2010
I've just received word that it is most likely that this specimen will be whitelisted for the next update, and quite possibly in the near future may be added as an official specimen. With that in mind, be sure to inform us of any exploits that you come across with it, as well as anything that looks like a possible bug.
I don't have any 'bugs' to report, and Tripwire may have already told you this... but the Brute could probably use a Stun Animation and an On-Fire / Panic Animation.

I figure that's something they would work out with you behind the scenes.

Benjamin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
France
I don't have any 'bugs' to report, and Tripwire may have already told you this... but the Brute could probably use a Stun Animation and an On-Fire / Panic Animation.

I figure that's something they would work out with you behind the scenes.
I've discussed this with the other developers (WPC, not TWI), and we decided he'd be too easy to take down if you could stun him or make him panic. TWI might have other ideas though.

_Duke_

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 22, 2010
I've discussed this with the other developers (WPC, not TWI), and we decided he'd be too easy to take down if you could stun him or make him panic. TWI might have other ideas though.
Stun would probably make him easier to kill, yes, so it'd be more about the threshold (what causes him to be stunned)
You could make the animation and let TWI worry about the triggering factor (game balancing)

As for Burn / Panic... I actually have a really hard time head-shotting anything doing those animations, so I don't think it'd be a problem. Even the Fleshpound has one.

Last edited: