• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The Brute :: Final Release

FluffyNinja

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 5, 2010
Quick question.

For the server startup command, do i add KFBruteMut or KFBruteFinal? (To add Brutes to spawn list)

netsky/SiE

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2010
KFBruteMut

, although it really isn't needed as you can activate it on web-admin on server start-up and it stays there even on map change.

dcory

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 8, 2010
www.wolfpackclan.com
Awesome just awesome.I hope that tripwire uses him for the game for everyone to use.Its about time i got something harder to kill,if i keep this up,im going to need a :IS2: to kill him on suicide.:D

Pointy

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
Great job guys.

I've added him to the MuppetSquad Vehicle Server...

Regards,

Les

webley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 14, 2010
www.wolfpackclan.com
Brute Description

Blocking
Whenever there is a target he will block when not doing anything else.

Any shots within the region of the head and the blocking arm cause 10% of their normal damage.

When not raged he will attack while blocking. Each successful hit he makes increases a counter which decreases a chance that he will block when attacking, meaning he'll use the other two attack animations. This means as he's causing more chaos he'll become more vulnerable. Successful hits landed while charging also increases this counter.

When his hand is blocking his head

Reactions: EricFong

Raico12

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2010
Quick question ive added it to the server and enabled it in web admin but i never see it in game :( do i have to edit the ini? something im missing perhaps?

Oh and great job I cant imagine the hard work you mustve put into making this for the Killing floor gamers :D

webley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 14, 2010
www.wolfpackclan.com
Quick question ive added it to the server and enabled it in web admin but i never see it in game :( do i have to edit the ini? something im missing perhaps?

Oh and great job I cant imagine the hard work you mustve put into making this for the Killing floor gamers :D
check the logs to see if your server is able to load it properly

make sure all the files are in their respective folders on the server. i.e. the animation file is in the animation folder on the server (if its dedicated)

make sure the mutator is in the system folder on the server

make sure in web admin under the mutator list you click "add brute" and restart the map

all other server admins have got this working so far without issues :)

you shouldnt have to edit the .ini

netsky/SiE

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2010
Ye, he only activates via webadmin if you do an immediate map restart ( also via webadmin )straight after enabling him on the mutator list.

he doesn't show up till wave 2, So if you've been waiting for him in the first wave that will be why.

Raico12

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2010
Thats funny still not seeing him :( QQ might be some of the mods i have on. Who knows

Benjamin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
France
You must have KFBruteFinal.u in your system folder, have KFBruteMut enabled, and not be using sandbox mode. If you're still having trouble post the log file here and we can see what the problem is (please use a spoiler though otherwise it'll flood this page).

Demon_333

FNG / Fresh Meat
I'm getting Failed To Load 'KFBruteFinal_013': Can't find file 'KFBruteFinal_103'
AddToPackageMap: Invalid package KFBruteFinal_013.

and Failed to load 'KFBruteFinal': Can't find file for package 'KFBruteFinal'
Failed to load 'Class KFBruteFinal.ZombieBrute': etc.

This wasn't happening to me with the earlier versions

webley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 14, 2010
www.wolfpackclan.com
I'm getting Failed To Load 'KFBruteFinal_013': Can't find file 'KFBruteFinal_103'
AddToPackageMap: Invalid package KFBruteFinal_013.

and Failed to load 'KFBruteFinal': Can't find file for package 'KFBruteFinal'
Failed to load 'Class KFBruteFinal.ZombieBrute': etc.

This wasn't happening to me with the earlier versions
please download 1.4 where this was fixed amongst other things

http://www.mostimpressive.nl/TheBrute

many thanks