• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation The big Tank thread for mod builers

I'm shocked.

I expected at least some people would like to use some of the models as reference.

I would like to implement tanks in RO2, but without any guide on how this works in the SDK for RO2.. I'm lost.

I'm a good modeler.. but lack the knowledge to implement it myself in the SDK.. And I don;t really have time to experiment.

So without any word from tripwire, or anyone else on how to do this in the SDK.. my journey will end right here.

Upvote 0
It would be great to see some of these tanks and vehicles at least as static meshes (destroyed tanks) to have some variation.

Also some of the elements of a T34 (hull, wheels, tracks) could be used by mappers in a tank factory map as static meshes.

Stalingrad_factory_1.jpg

T34_factory_1.jpg

T34_plant_Stalingrad-px200.jpg

Upvote 0
Really great work! Great to see the community start to show some results of their hard work! Keep it coming and Im a happy man!:IS2:

a... what are You talking about? there is no results at all. have You seen anything new in this game? i didn't. i doubt there is anyone doing anything for this game right now. even tripwire for at least two months did not say a word about new maps, vehicles, artilery or anything else they promised to do "soon". :IS2:

Reactions: Nikita
Upvote 0
It would be great to see some of these tanks and vehicles at least as static meshes (destroyed tanks) to have some variation.

Also some of the elements of a T34 (hull, wheels, tracks) could be used by mappers in a tank factory map as static meshes.

Stalingrad_factory_1.jpg

Is there any maps in RO2 of the Dzerinsky Tractor Factory yet? I can't think of any.

Upvote 0
Is there any maps in RO2 of the Dzerinsky Tractor Factory yet? I can't think of any.

There are no maps of the tractor factory. This photo was to be an example of tank factories and a reminder for map creators to use the meshes offered as props. There is one custom map with a ficticious steel work now, and given the RO2 static meshes available it is likely that there will be more custom maps like these in the future.

It would be nice if the tank models were used at least as static meshes - either as wrecks or like I suggested, parts of it in an assembly line of a generic factory.

Upvote 0
What Gives

What Gives

I originally bought RO2 (and got my clan to pick it up) because of friends in the clan who had the original et al. They all spoke about how great TWI was and how they supported the game for years after release with updates and new content. They all spoke of the epic combined arms battles and I have to say that so far I am disappointed.

After almost 2 years since release and they have added a few maps (most of which were made by others) but no vehicle additions whatsoever. They say the community has no interest and that's rubbish. The more I play tanks the more I enjoy them and the more I want. I crave bigger maps with more combined arms combat. The combat the way it is now is rather a shallow shell of what the eastern Front was. To add to my disappointment I see very little interaction with the community by the dev team. Rare is the instance now when they actually respond on the forums to valid community request. They have a new mapping contest for RS which is fine, but what about the core game? I could go play BF3 but I don't because it sucks, and RO2 is fantastic but seems to be left out to dry. I (like many of you) have stuck around from the beginning and all the headaches involved with it. I have seen game play get better over the course of the last 2 years.

The fact is I play in games with new players who came on board for the first time with RS and they love the game but want to know about new vehicles themselves. Some of the user created maps are larger than what TWI gave us and vehicles would do them justice. So the question is are the new players joining us now going to be disappointed as time goes by or is the dev team going to give us some actual input about future content, particularly tanks, TD's, Half tracks etc.

The sad thing to me is that the Eastern Front saw some of the most epic tank battles (Kursk to name just 1) with the 2 tanks currently in game as well as Stugs, IS, ISU, Ferdinand, and many more, but what we are left with is a small arms infantry battle. Come on TWI don't let down your loyal base who have stuck it out for 2 years . . . PLEASE GIVE US SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Upvote 0