• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation The big Tank thread for mod builers

Hi,

No I only have the one with the short barrel.

I have to make up my mind yet.. I want to start with a Panzer III of With the Tiger 1.

But I have to know what TW plans to release.
If they plan to release the Panzer III in the next DLC.. then I'm not going to make one.
I wish they can comment on that.

I have the SDK now, so I can start to look into how they setup the tanks.

I will keep you posted.

Upvote 0
I can post pictures of them. there are some in the first post.
Don't know if you can see what versions they are.. I don't know the differences between versions (yet)

as for getting them ready for ro2.

I hope there are people here that want to do that.. that's why I posted I'm willing to donate a model to the person who thinks he needs one.

There is the pzIV already in ro2, so no need to make that one.
I believe tw is working on the pzIII, so no need to make that one.

I plan on modifying the pzIV to a StuGIV,
or do the Tiger 1.

I'm not sure yet.

the StuGIII should wait until tw releases the pzIII, as it's less work I guess to modify it then to do it from scratch.

All I need to do now is study the pzIV in the sdk, as udk is new for me.

Upvote 0
It may be common knowledge, but Ill just post the tank "segments" for reference, each is it's own static mesh.

- Driver Area: seat, fire extinguisher and steering equipment
- Hull Exterior: is the body hull and a very simplistic interior, the animated tracks are also part of this model.
- Turret exterior: The exterior turret without the gun mantlet or gun barrel
- Hull interior: The itnerior "body" of the tank, does not include turret, hull mg or driver equipment
- Hull MG interior: The seat, MG cupola and any radio equiptment are part of this model
- Interior Turret: The interior body of the turret, does not include the main gun or any seats
- Turret Details: "details" of the turret interior.. including optics, wires, mg ammunition, etc
-Turret Basket: Contains seats and any "lower details" from the turret
-Ammunition: Self explanatory.. ammunition storage
-Interior Gun base: The base of the tanks main gun, as seen from the interior
- External Gun base: The gun as it's mounted on the turret
- External MG base: The MG as it protrudes from the MG cupola
- Barrel extension: Extra length of a gun's barrel if the gun is multi-part

Aside from theres, there are also some details that differ between the tanks, such as the interior commander's cupola or any extra hull details.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you want an Artillery and a heavy tank destroyer on the small-medium ro2 maps???
And at least the ISU wasnt really common until the end of war anyways
Actually we already have the ISU 152 in RO1, made by modders.

You can see it here in the streets of Berlin:

a0hpg3.jpg

It was more an self propelled tank, over the IS2 chasis than any arty concept. It was designed to face the KT and against bunkers. I think it would be necessary, but after we have the IS2 and so.

Upvote 0