• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The 716ID sound mod

MattyDienhoff

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 20, 2006
Australia
I have to agree the G43's sound needs replacing. I usually just don't use it because it sounds so pissy. Sound is an important part of the "feel" of a weapon.

hansgering2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2007
I kinda liked the k98 sound of this mod.. Its got the realistic "dump" sound.

As in what i hear on the rifle range. Not what you hear on recordings.

EL Swine

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2006
Just have throw in a comment too, in tribute to Xancerman's great work.
Its simply the best i've ever heard in a game and it complements the game perfect and makes RO come alive.

I often find my self leening back in my chair with a big grin on my face :D
Just listening and watching, as the Arty orchestra starts to play :eek:

Imagine driving a Ferrari sim but without the fantastic sound of the Ferrari's.
Thats how RO would be without Xancerman's work.

Slinky

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2006
IMO the rifle sounds are very top notch in ROOST best ive heard, so are the distant gun sound. But the mp40, mp44, pps41/43, mg34 dont sound all that good specially the mp40, they all need more echoe, so that it actually feels like your shooting in an open enviroment not in a closed basement, also they are not scary enough- what i mean is that they dont make me take cover, like they dont sound threatining enough