• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The 716ID sound mod

Hellecaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 17, 2006
Sweden
What is the history behind the 716ID sound mod?
Is it more realistic that the standard sounds or is it Hollywood?
Who made it?

Last edited:

Arro

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 15, 2006
RO has probably the best weapon sounds of any game period.

And I don't have a high end sound card.
I'd probably piss my pants if I could hear it in surround sound.
(I am an audio engineering student.)

P.Mayne

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 23, 2006
Agreed. ROOST does have the best sounds in any game to date. Xancerman is a fekkin god!

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
Hopefully some of the sounds I have done for CC will match up to the high standards he set.

The voice pack for the Romanians isn't bad in my opinion (and X's) but getting weapons JUST right is rather problematic and calls for a helluva lot of fiddling and knob twiddling and most of all that vital commodity for anyone involved in this kind of thing, patience.

Tomcat_ha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
I have to agree. I dont understand why anyone would want different sounds. Xancer btw how is it going with six feet of foreplay? ;P

Xancerman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2005
Lule
its going good!
two new songs, not up on our myspace just yet, grab me on IRC and ill send you a few rough mixes.

BL4Z3>FAS>

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 13, 2005
After years of many fps games , RO's sounds blow everything else away , I imagine it is actually more difficult than just recording a weapon firing , to get that sound to seem correct , in sync & natural for the enviroment is probably quite a task , Xancerman & team have done an excellent job

d3v

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 5, 2006
indeed the have but there are quite a few that could effortlessly be better and a few that desperately need replacing.

the sound of a faust exploding on a tank should sound more satisfying. the mg42 should sound less artificial, same goes for the g41.

the grenade explosion sound dosen't really sound much like an explosion and the satchel explosion sounds arn't all that scary either.

the artillery blasts could sound better, too.

i really hope xancerman will add and change what needs fixing in a future patch, afterall isen't sound modding a hobby for it and not just work?

[=KAS=]doomed

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 21, 2006
indeed the have but there are quite a few that could effortlessly be better and a few that desperately need replacing.

the sound of a faust exploding on a tank should sound more satisfying. the mg42 should sound less artificial, same goes for the g41.

the grenade explosion sound dosen't really sound much like an explosion and the satchel explosion sounds arn't all that scary either.

i really hope xancerman will add and change what needs fixing in a future patch, afterall isen't sound modding a hobby for it and not just work?
Effortlessly? Hmm...:p

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall

You had me going there, for a minute I thought you were serious and then I saw those last two comments.

The G-41 (and the G-43, for that matter) don't sound great imo but the arty? How could you effortlessly improve that? It sounds great - the only way to make it more impressive is if it were to blow out your eardrums and leave you bleeding from all orifices.

And sound creation and engineering can be and often is a demanding profession not just a hobby.

d3v

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 5, 2006
I mean't the G43 is crap sounding no the G41. The G41 is one of the best gun sounds in the game.

Effortlessly or not then, the arty could sound better. It sounds undefined and the bass is not tight enough. Look at my soundpack thread for accurate arty impacts.

killerbee_zor

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 5, 2006

agree:)