• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Texture Extracting

Danpoor

Oct 24, 2011
Hello, I would like to make some 3d static models for the mapping community. I would like to know where the RO2 static model Textures are located, and how I would go about extracting them so I can UVW map them in 3ds to new objects. I am also confused how you go about assigning materials. Do I do that in the engine or 3ds max?

Last edited:
Well I figured it out. The textures are stored inside the map.roe. I extracted them using Umodel. The thing is all the textures are 64 pixels by 64 pixels. I rename the ART_Spartanovka.roe to ART_Spartanovka.upk. For umodel to extract it. I think this may be the problem. What should I rename it to to get proper texture size?

Upvote 0
Well I figured it out. The textures are stored inside the map.roe. I extracted them using Umodel. The thing is all the textures are 64 pixels by 64 pixels. I rename the ART_Spartanovka.roe to ART_Spartanovka.upk. For umodel to extract it. I think this may be the problem. What should I rename it to to get proper texture size?

Renaming it will not change the texture size. What textures are you getting that are only 64 px x 64 px. Name a few examples.

What are you trying to do?

Upvote 0
Well problem solved I was extracting the wrong files. For future reference the textures are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Red Orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Packages\Props_Static. Took me a lot of extracting but finally hit gold. So if anyone needs textures for 3d modeling in the future use Umodel and extract the .upk files in that directory.

Reactions: c200k
Upvote 0