• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map TE-WestHarbor

fetkatten

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 21, 2012
Last edited:
I have been searching this forum now for 30min and found nothing about uploading and what files to include... isn't there a tutorial? Or do anyone know what to include?

I have 1 package (with materials and models).

Cooke you map.

You will get two folders in

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published

The folder are.

CookedPCServer
CookedPC

In these folder you will find lots of files
In the cookedpcfolder you can remove the refshader and glablshader stuff

In the Cookedpcserver folder you can remove the GlobalPersistentCookerData and the guidcache. thing

You might want to make an int file. Info on that is on the fourms somewhere.

Upvote 0
Cooke you map.

The folder are.

CookedPCServer
CookedPC

In the Cookedpcserver folder you can remove the GlobalPersistentCookerData and the guidcache. thing

Thank you for taking time answering this. I've updated the download files (no int file though). Hope this works!

Cooked PCserver
http://www.mediafire.com/?j3xzsan8al4n4gt

Cooked PC
http://www.mediafire.com/?iwoab0y5g1nfu5x

Upvote 0
Finally was able to play it, thank you :p

I do have some feedback on it after waddling around for 2 rounds.

Design

The design seems a bit small, but I wouldn't know. It looks nice for sure, but you can definitely res-up most of your custom textures if possible, especially if the map isn't as large as others.. Because right now they seem sort of stretched. The lighting could also be a bit more dynamic? They just don't feel right for some reason, although I like the color tone you set it at.

There is an odd green light that looked weird though, I think it was the only green light on the map.

Gameplay

Since there were no bots, I'd say this map would be good for a 16 and even possibly 32 player cap. It seems sort of small, maybe expanding it a bit in size and adding more objectives would help. Can't really say much else for this since I'm just assuming how'd it be.

Upvote 0
Finally was able to play it, thank you :p

I do have some feedback on it after waddling around for 2 rounds.

Design

The design seems a bit small, but I wouldn't know. It looks nice for sure, but you can definitely res-up most of your custom textures if possible, especially if the map isn't as large as others.. Because right now they seem sort of stretched. The lighting could also be a bit more dynamic? They just don't feel right for some reason, although I like the color tone you set it at.

There is an odd green light that looked weird though, I think it was the only green light on the map.

Gameplay

Since there were no bots, I'd say this map would be good for a 16 and even possibly 32 player cap. It seems sort of small, maybe expanding it a bit in size and adding more objectives would help. Can't really say much else for this since I'm just assuming how'd it be.

Thx alot for testing it and giving feedback!
I will spend a few days to get the lights done right. I wanted sharp shadows at first but couldn't get it to work. I will also add a flood light by the silo in the corner (sniper pos, where the green light is). Mostly to make this a focal point but also to add some white lights to mix things up.

Sizing up the map is not really what I've had in mind. I wanted to make every section of the map intresting. I love big maps but this felt like a nice mid-short range map. As you said, 16 and maybe 32. It would be awesome to see this in action. Since I probably can't get 32 players to test the map at the same time I need to add bot support.

I agree on the texture res. I still have the original files so I could fix that in no time.

Thanks again! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cooke you map.

The folder are.

CookedPCServer
CookedPC

Drecks, plz take a look at what is in each archive...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice map, but when I installed the player files on my client and started RO2. Then I got 3 ambiguous package errors, because of 3 .upk files that are also present in <steam>\SteamApps\common\ROGame\CookedPC. It seems your package contains 3 stock RO2 .upk files, though the filesize of those .upk files differs with those in the stock RO2 folder.

Anyway, these are the offensive files:

• GlobalPersistentCookerData.upk
  • RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk
  • RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM4.upk
Also am I not sure if the next files should be in the package:

• GlobalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.bin
  • GlobalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM4.bin

Upvote 0
Nice map, but when I installed the player files on my client and started RO2. Then I got 3 ambiguous package errors, because of 3 .upk files that are also present in <steam>\SteamApps\common\ROGame\CookedPC. It seems your package contains 3 stock RO2 .upk files, though the filesize of those .upk files differs with those in the stock RO2 folder.

Anyway, these are the offensive files:

• GlobalPersistentCookerData.upk
  • RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk
  • RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM4.upk
Also am I not sure if the next files should be in the package:

• GlobalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.bin
  • GlobalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM4.bin

Agreed..... too many detrimental files..... Every other map has none other than the .roe or .upk files needed solely to run the map.

Too many files included with the map.... its on hold.

Upvote 0