• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

TE-Volga Banks

PsychoPigeon

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006
In Unreal
For those unaware, Volga Banks is a map created for the WWII prototype for RS2. Tripwire gave me permission to release the map as a custom for RO2 and for the past months I've been setting up all the missing textures and materials and copying over everything else needed for it to function inside RO2. I'm currently QA testing and fine tuning the map as it's going to clock in at around 600MB which is quite hefty for RO2 servers, and that's why I am taking the extra time to find bugs to avoid multiple releases. In the mean time I wanted to share some promotional images below.

About the map:

The location of the map takes place slightly south of Fallen Fighters square at one of the key landing areas the Soviets used to ferry over soldiers and supplies under intense enemy fire. At this point in the battle for Stalingrad the Soviets had been pushed back to the East side of the square and were clinging on for dear life as the Volga was only a few hundred metres behind them. The map isn't a 1:1 creation and has been scaled down for gameplay purposes but it captures the iconic imagery of the area; the tall devastated buildings, large streets, extensive trench works, and the busy dock area. Volga Banks gives a glimpse of what it could've been like fighting in this part of the city.

Images
Spoiler!