• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map TE-Factory

G_Sajer;n2287382 said:
Relax. I'll get this on the TWI redirect servers. They are mirrored on both sides of the Atlantic. I'll get the map on Crucible as well. Anybody that can't download this in a minute does not have 21st century broadband and should get some.

It's 2017. You should all be using steam lol. Even just to look at maps.

If you have 1000+ subscribers it means quite a lot of people already have the map. As it's not just the time it takes which makes people cancel.

Reactions: NorthDumpling
Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2287418 said:

If you have 1000+ subscribers it means quite a lot of people already have the map. As it's not just the time it takes which makes people cancel.

Let me know when they remove the 200mb Cap.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2287418 said:

I agree on some level, and right now, SWS seems to be working pretty good for RS2. But it hasn't always been this way. So we make sure there is more than one repository for custom maps.

Upvote 0
G_Sajer;n2287796 said:
I agree on some level, and right now, SWS seems to be working pretty good for RS2. But it hasn't always been this way. So we make sure there is more than one repository for custom maps.

It's been working fine for 3 years lol.

Custom maps that have been on the workshop for as little as 6 months have 3000-7000 subscribers.

When heroes of the west was on the workshop before steam it got 40,000 subscribers after a year and a couple months before it transitioned to the store.

I know server operators who are reluctant to put on maps that aren't on the workshop. Because it clears out their server. Even if it's on redirect. These people run custom map servers that get 64/64. Then they land on a map that nobody has and let's say it's 150mb the server could end up with less than 30 players from 64 and that's 10 minutes after that map started. Workshop maps generally don't run into this issue. Because over 50% of the people playing will already have the map. So the map starts with 32 players and slowly grows. What's a common cause of people leaving is getting off the redirect, joining and finding 10 people on the server suddenly because they downloaded it the fastest. They then leave as there's too few people.

Upvote 0
1. map is opened in the Editor and cooked.
2. i click on Tools--> upload files to SWS , the upload window appears
3. add map file(cooked) from: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Red Orchestra 2\TE-Factory-B1.roe
4. add preview Image from:E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Red Orchestra 2\Newmap06.jpg
5. add tittle: TE-Factory-B1 Tags: Map
6. hit upload --> unknown error encountered during Upload

Upvote 0
nymets1104;n2288441 said:
Hmm, the only other suggestion I might make would be to place the map file here by making a new map folder in the Maps directory named Factory:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Red Orchestra 2\ROGame\BrewedPC\Maps\Factory\TE-Factory-B1.roe

nope also doenst work same ,, unknown error encountered during upload ,, message

Upvote 0