• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map Tcherkassy : Final Version

EscAz

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2006
Ukrain, January 1944, in the Korsun-Tcherkassy pocket, a total of six German divisions at roughly 55% of their authorized strength, along with a number of smaller combat units. Among the trapped German forces were the SS Panzerdivision Wiking and the SS Sturmbrigade Wallonie (SS Assault Brigade), and 5-6,000 Russian auxiliaries. The trapped forces were designated Gruppe Stemmermann and the commander of XI Korps, Gen Stemmermann was placed in command. Wiking had approximately 43 Panzer III/IV tanks and assault guns. Two assault gun battalions provided an additional 27 assault guns.

This map takes place in a small village called Staroselie. The last defenders of the Gruppe Stermmermann were the Belgian SS of the 5th Sturmbrigade Wallonie. They were surrounded by minefields and hundreds of Russian soldiers. They had to keep that last village to make sure the entire division could escape. Ennemy tanks were rolling on the Flank of the pocket while the Soviet infantry tried to conquer the villages.

Details :

-4 Objectives : Allies areattacking, Axis are defending.
-Spawns move with Captures
-Artillery for both sides, 1 strike for germans; 5 for Soviets
-NO tanks, infantry only.

Changes from last beta :

- New Ambient sound when timer hits 5 min (Katyusha attack)
- More details in East houses
- Light tweaking in trenches and around
- Added a secret path throught mines to visit the crashed JU52
- Removed: 1 auto and 2 semi-autos from Axis, 1 semi-auto for Allies
- Added some static meshes near Mortar
- Terrain work East of town
- Adjusted reinforcement (time and number)
- Removed SS Winter camo (many complains about TK and zombie bug)
- Added many posters in frontline houses
- Tweaked Bloom

DOWNLOAD HERE

MAP ORCHESTRA LINK

Screenshots

Map1.jpg

Map2.jpg

Map3.jpg

Map4.jpg

Map5.jpg

Map6.jpg

Map7.jpg

Leave your comments at :

http://www.team-noway.com

The price of feedback and suggestions on this board is
very expensive lately or people just don't care.
Anyway i do care so here is some feedback.

I like the concept of this map. And it shows that with nice use
of static meshes and great terrain one can create a great atmosphere.
The layout and looks are great.

There is only one issue which is balance in reinforcement and maybe the artillery.

Have played it several times on a full Splat server and both times
Allies whiped the Axis with a 40 to 50 % difference in reinforcements.

Another thing people noticed and got annoyed was the Spawn arty the Axis
had to endure. It was terrible. Imagine , you spawn run 10 yards and you
have two choices. Return and take the other route or die by arty.

Maybe one of the reasons i don't see this map more often.

I remember you where told about the balance in previous released or not ?

Upvote 0
I did, but everytime people told me the map was too easy for Axis. I dunno, I've played only few times but have seen both sides win, before it was only Axis that won.

For the Arty it's annoying and I know it but I think it's necessary.The arty itself is annoying, in any map. In basovka for example it can be awful, like after the trenches of the 2nd flag. I've reduced the number of salvo but sometimes you just need to wait few seconds and let it go before you find a free house or something.
I've tried to do something a little realistic about Wallonians situation in 1944, few arty support, few reinforcements, facing waves of russians.

Anyway thx for the feedback, it was my first map and I did not even hope to go that good. I planed to do another one but I'm about to succeed in my helicopter pilot exam and if i pass it, I will have 13 month of school so I dno't want to start something i can't finish.

Upvote 0
I'm aware testing RO maps is a hard nutt i been there and still are.

Mappers do need feedback from more different sources. More input and
experiences from different kind of players. Unfortunatly most of the time
people won't post their gameplay experiences and suggestions.
Or will post this very selective......

Playing the map a couple off times yourself won't do it.
Public players always find other things which needs work.

For your next project try to seek a full server which will have it in rotation and
demand gameplay feedback.

Succes with your helicopter exam.......

Upvote 0
i've tried to find a full server with the map but it's really hard.. and when you're not a well known mapper, people are hardly giving any feedback..

Thx for the help you and all after hourz team.. I tried to do my best with balance but i think it would take months to have it perfectly adjusted and I don't have it :p

Upvote 0
It will never be perfect for at least a few and generally I am never satisfied either as I think any mapper can find a dozen things he would do differently if asked and most players would never think of it. Just get it to a point that you feel it is solid, stable, and that you can live with it 'as is'. Someone will always find something to complain about. I like the map. If not for a little thing or there, I'd give it a very strong chance to win phase 2. I think you should still place well. It is one map that really has potential to be a lasting classic. I don't like some elements, but it is the overall impression of all elements that makes it good. Be proud. Learn something. Make the next one a bit better. Always try to make strides in your skills and releases. And have fun or give it up! ;)

Upvote 0
the best way is to ask squad mates or friends. People usually don't stop by the forums to tell the mappers if they like or not the map
That is not entirely true... I know I and a number of our
rgn_27.png
members have always offered constructive, in depth opinions and suggestions. What indeed hurts and/or hobbles user responses is when they see the crude levels of ridicule and sarcasm offered in return or no response at all by a few mappers. That nonsense hurts everyone. Admittedly, even I find that those types of actions and replies are intimidating and equally insulting. I might add that it does repulse many players from further participation in offering map critiques and suggestions and/or helping in map testing in many instances. Again, its truly unfortunate as it hurts everyone.

ps; this map is a dandy, its very popular on our Infantry Only Server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is one of my favorite maps. Love it!
Thanks for the map... :)

If your clan is running this map, and you have a game server browser on your website, here is an animated map pic for you to use. Please *right click* and save it. Made this from the screenshots provided. These are the same animated images we use on our website. :) Enjoy!

ro-tcherkassy.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0