• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Taurus Judge for support.

Darkintentz

Nov 27, 2018
A while back i saw revolver that was chambered to fire .410 bore shot shells. This weapon could work as a cross perk weapon for the support and gunslinger perks but I don't know how the weapon balancing would go. Maybe this could be a Tier 5 weapon sense both perks (as of the time writing this) don't have a tier 5 weapon for them. Let me know what you guys think that stats would be or if this weapon would work at all if kf2.

.410 revolvers could be a great weapon to have available in KF2 as a support/gunslinger crossperk, but they would be a poor fit for T5.
Shotshell_001.jpg

.410 shells are the littlest and weakest shotgun shells commonly available, so the appropriate power for them in game would be on the lower end. KF2's M4 is 12 gauge and shoots eight pellets, each dealing 30 damage. Compare that to similar real 12g shells, and compare those to the real .410 buckshot shells that would probably be best for zeds, and you can figure that a .410 revolver in KF2, if realistic, would shoot about five pellets, each dealing about 22 damage. So, depending how the other stats go, dual .410 revolvers in KF2 would probably best fit a T2 or T3 role.

With so few pellets, a wide spread could be frustrating, causing you to sometimes totally miss heads at short range that you aimed perfectly at, so the spread for it should probably be the same or a bit less than the 0.07 spread the M4/AA12/SG500/HM301 share.
The Taurus Judge has lots of variants available, so capacity could be 5, 6, or 7, and the weight could be 2 each or 3 each.
There are also other .410 revolvers besides Tauruses: There's the bulkier and older MIL Thunder 5, and there's the newer and prettier S&W Governor. Govna's a nice name for a shooter for killing floor, innit? Magnum Research makes a single action .410 revolver, but the loading gate on it would make reloads probably too slow for KF2's pace, and really weird to animate for dual wielding.

For support, I can imagine I'd particularly like the option of a single .410 revolver. The light weight would make it handy to fill out some loadouts with a third on-perk weapon. AA12 + M4 + .410 Rev + Medpistol sounds nice.
For gunslinger, there's a concern that his Rack em Up skill would become too easy to fully utilize with such a weapon. To balance that, I'd suggest half the pellets of the .410 revolver just don't count for scoring ReU points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0