• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server TAKEOVER -CODE CHANGE Linux server question.

oldschool

Grizzled Veteran
May 1, 2015
NYC
osghc.com
I have recently switched over my servers to a linux machine. I always ran windows before. Thet were ak=ll running fine until recently when I started getting weird error messages regarding 'INVALID CHARACTERS' in the log file and crashes soon after wards. I was curious if you guys had recently implemented changes in code regarding the TAKEOVER option? As stated by Yoshiro
Admins may have noticed that their server has been changing settings without them after they updated their server in the opt-in beta.

This is part of the new Server Takeover feature which is still a work in progress and not final. However there are some unintended bugs that are happening which includes admin passworded servers being used for takeover.

To remove your server from the take over list you can use this line in the KFEngine.ini:

[Engine.GameEngine]
bUsedForTakeover=FALSE

We will be continuing to work on takeover, other matchmaking bugs, other bugs found as well as general feedback and balance as we continue with this opt-in beta.

Does your server crash without all the mods added? This might be a conflict with your heavily modified unranked server and Takeover feature?

EDIT: I think it is simply that you shouldn't run Takeover feature with all your mods, you don't even run the Survival game mode. I advice to simply turn off the Takeover feature as I suppose you don't even want people to borrow your server with their own settings (what this feature is for), I guess, or else what would be the point of modifying heavily your server if in the end people click on a button in their menu to reset everything?.. Your log even shows that the feature is disabling itself because of your customization.
EDIT2: Did you actually enable Takeover or not? not sure as I see conflicting info in start of log and end of log (KFGameSettings.bAvailableForTakeover: False / AKFGameInfo::SetGameUnranked - disabling server takeover)
EDIT3: My first guess would be a problem with all your mods. Did you keep your config files when switching to Linux or did you start full fresh?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol I have no idea....I understand your trying to figure out if any of the installed mods are causing the conflict but I never had this problem in the past. Hence my question on whether they have implemented any changes. I will continue tinkering with it and adding additions one by one till I find the culprit. The whole idea of TAKEOVER is terrible at any rate and seems like just another possibility to cause havoc with an already bugsplat prone game engine. :sick:

I will definately shutdown my servers if this problem persists. The vanilla game is just not entertaining. The playerbase has shrunk astronomically due to the many bad decision's made by the Devs IMO "LAPSED JUDGEMENT" for sure. It's unfortunate.

Upvote 0