• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Takeover bug

The takeover setting on the nuke map was active (players were playing).
But the zedlanding is turned off already.
The (Launch.log) log contains the duration of the failure of one of the servers
Edit: The servers are running on linux

Attachments

• Launch.zip
    316.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dev needs more logs to troubleshooting?
I've passed your current set of logs to the engineering team to see if it has helped us identify what is happening. I have not yet heard back the results of this, but it will likely be one of a few options:
  • They found the culprit/or think they have and attempt a targeted fix
  • They find that they are still not logging the events leading to this state and add more logging catches into the game that will come out with the next update
  • They find something, but feel more information that they dont' have will help them solve the issue and they will pass along a request for more/different data

Upvote 0
It doesn't make sense to send log files because the developers don't look at it.
The bug has existed since 5 patch and it just got worse!

If the developers do not fix the takeover bug, there will soon be no a matchmaking server.
It is in the interest of the developers because if not, they will not be an active player.
There are already many inactive servers...

Attachments

• KF2S3_endless.zip
    411.7 KB · Views: 2
  • KF2S3_survival.zip
    329.6 KB · Views: 2
  • KF2S4_survival.zip
    609.1 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
It doesn't make sense to send logs for the devs? when they ask for it? when they add more and more logging to troubleshoot the issue since at least the two or three last patches/hotfixes? sure.

edit: also fix your startup command line it is wrong you have floating imaginary SteamPort parameter in it.. and the log switch is not used as a switch as well as the QueryPort switch..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It doesn't make sense to send log files because the developers don't look at it.
The bug has existed since 5 patch and it just got worse!

If the developers do not fix the takeover bug, there will soon be no a matchmaking server.
It is in the interest of the developers because if not, they will not be an active player.
There are already many inactive servers...
With the Hotfix, we added additional logging to help us pin point the issue. I believe doing so has resulted in a lead that we may have a potential fix for in the next update. I've passed on your latest logs as well.

Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0