• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Survivors/Players when it comes to the new gore system?

As we all know, the new gore system in Killing Floor 2 is going to change the way we kill ZEDs, blowing off their faces and such, which is great n' all, but one thing that got me concerned was if the survivors/players would be getting the same equal treatment when getting killed in action?

I fondly remember back in KF1 when players would accidently die from falling or throwing a bad grenade and sometimes losing their limbs or head like ZEDS always did.

And if they were to die the same way with KF2's new gore, imagine how awesome it would be to see? I can practically picture a cornered unlucky player getting ground up by a fleshpound only to see his body torn to shreds lying on the ground. :p

It would be punishing like any other death in a round of the game but just oh so great to look and see what a ZED did to your fallen comrade. :D

Well -- I don't think it'll be exactly the same gore system.

From the preview I remember reading that you can cause gore to the ZED's without killing them. This is as opposed to KF1 where you could only cut off an arm or blow apart their skull once you had killed them.

So I doubt the PROGRESSIVE gore will apply to the players. As cool as it might be to see everyone's clothes get torn and ripped throughout a battle, that's a completely different system from gore. But -- I would still expect players to die in a brutal fashion when killed. I remember there was minimal gore when you died in KF1 to certain enemies, so I think the gore on players will be slightly improved in KF2

Upvote 0
it would be even nicer if certain damage inflicts wounds that affect the gameplay a bit and maybe even have to be treated in some kind of special way...

That's an interesting idea. I know RO2 had bleeding you had to bandage. Non medics would have limited bandages, medics would have unlimited ability to heal bleeding (could make it unlimited on other players only if there's some sort of balancing issues with medics).

In some ways it sounds cool, in other ways, that could be annoying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just have a bloodied up layer on the skins that fades in I guess, and of course all the gore for when you die pls.

I'm not necessarily looking for active wounds on the players body (Even though I wouldn't mind the addition), but they have to make some use of that gorgeous gore system on the players when they at least die. It adds some fear and tension to not wanting to succumb the specimen horde. :)

Upvote 0