• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Survivalist rework suggestion

Feathalise

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 13, 2019
Hello everyone,

First time posting,
I played since KF1 and immediately bought KF2 once it was realized and I play on and off.

I feel like Tripwire is a bit stuck when it comes to ideas due to how they designed the surivalist,
so if that's true or not I will go over some things I don't like about the perk and how to correct them.

Ever played Skyrim and tried to be a Warrior / Mage / Thief / Bow / 2-handed but also 1 handed and shield at the same time, no?

Ever played a Moba and played a character that's Carry / Support/ Mid or whatever all at once?

I hope the analogy comes across that no one pictures themselves as the useless guy in a Video Game,
I find it and extremely lazy and easy way to make a new Perk while recycling all the other weapons,
I know Tripwire aims do better and they can and will continue to do amazing things and I hope they correct this perk,
In a post apocalyptic world filled with zombies the last thing i want to be is the sidekick guy who grabs whatever is on the floor instead of being a specialized bad ass.

So enough complaining, what is my suggestion?

In a world of zombies I suggest the Survivalist becomes a "builder" perk, its a theme that fits the world, and its a big aspect of the "zombie world",
you slowly fortify your position and have a niche specialization that no one else can do.

I think development wise it seems easy when it comes to buildings, just grab a big unit like the bloater, make it into a fence with spikes and put it on the players side,
and if its in the way of getting to the players, the zeds attack it.

Lets go a bit in depth:

1 -The survivalist would have a specialized tool to recover scrap out of zeds, be it the small blades of gore fasts,
the mechanics of flesh pounds, the chainsaw of scrakes, and of course the robots (this would the main focus of the survivalist and award extra xp),
so he would get scrap from hitting them but also grabbing it once the zed dies.

2 -The survivalist could improve a suit armor around him to be able to tank some damage for the team while collecting scrap and hit zeds in the front lines to get even more scrap.

3 - The survivalist would be able to build fortifications, some with spikes for return damage and even able to close air vents where crawlers and stalkers come from,
maybe he can build some protection against ranged attacks from pyros and robots,
giving the game a completely new perspective to strategise where to stay in the map,
now instead of kitting around, you can camp an area but risk getting overwhelmed and surrounded.

This is my idea, a perk that would bring a new perspective to the game and fix all official maps,
full fill a much required niche and fantasy that lots of peoples would enjoy and do a very support role,
a perk that can take a punch due to his armor, has to be in the front line collecting scrap but focus on making sure his team survives, a true survivalist.