• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics survival mode tips/tricks

RO.Player

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
So i beat the first three survival modes(atica, teniza, tepiton), and figured I'd share how i beat those here

on the 1st level, go to the corner on the left. its where on one side you can activate the blades and on the other side you can activate the fire. basically, run back and forth activating those two, with the ball right behind you. you will take a lot of damage, but as long as you reel off combos it all comes back. i beat this one without ever using my left click to shoot the ball

on the 2nd one, you can basically run in a circle(really a squareish shape) by where you activate the waterfall.activate the waterfall, go down, let them drown, fight your way out, go back and activate the waterfall. rinse and repeat. here, dragging the ball behind you doesn't work as much, and you need to shoot to fight your way out of the pit where the water was to go back up

on the 3rd one, just run in circles in the main area. every time you pass, activate that blade. and also go for the shooting spikes one every time. that is a guaranteed combo. when you have the spike just run into a large group of enemies with the ball dragged behind you. otherwise strafe backwards and shoot the ball at enemies when going towardsthe blade. however there will be a few times where you have to divert-especially when the magnet gets the ball. here you can just run and jump exploring the map while getting everyone to follow you (youll need a good amount of health).when theres less than 10 secs to go before the ball frees, get the shooting spikes and run near the ball. you should get at least a combo x4, and then use the ball to finish off everyone else. rinse and repeat

edit:just finished the 4th one, amini. by far the hardest survival level. when you start, go left and walk across to the other side of the map. there should be a small little cave. in there is an activation to get those shooting spikes. basically guard both entrances to the cave while getting the spikes, and shoot the ball into the larger entrance area consistently. the enemies wont start coming in large amounts from the back until wave 7 or so, but by then you should have 399 health(can you get 400?)

Last edited:
Only beat the first one so far and it was rather easy but still took 40 minutes.

There is a slope which you can go up (not far from RO players spot), it is basically a dead end but before the dead end there is a switch on the floor which lets stakes pop out of the wall. Which means the enemies can only come from one way and most of the time stakes are blocking the biggest part of their way. And they already die from walking into the stakes so you it is enough to push them back with the ball and make them retreat into their death ;) If you wave around the ball like a torch on fire (so it can't fall down) you are pretty save. And the extra bonus is that a lot of enemies get stuck somewhere under you which means that you have to fight less at the same time.

I admit it was cheap so go get the achievement before it gets fixed (if it is broken) :eek:

Upvote 0