• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Survival after minor amputation

VariousNames

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 6, 2009
I'm pretty sure it's not "roughness" that allows you to survive after an "amputation" by a grenade, seeing as that shrapnel will tear through your leg like it was it was hot confetti,

I'd say it's probably the chemical cocktail that would be released in your body, including endorphins and adrenaline that would keep you moving

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret

VariousNames

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 6, 2009
In RO dead means combat ineffective.
Plus shrapnel tearing through your leg would mean you'd bleed out pretty damn fast,

and bleedouts are in RO2.

Edit: and of course gangrene. Infection is a distinct possibility when you lose a limb like that.

I feel the need to say that you cannot tough out a bullet or a grenade. It will kill you. You are not superheroes, kids. Do not go to war. War is scary. People die.

Last edited:

WinTurkey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2011
Should be possible, expand the bandages to also function like tourniquets, apply them in time and your slow death mechanic gets lengthened to a few minutes, where having only 1 leg restricts you to moving prone.

Tea and Crumpets

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 20, 2010
Trumpington Manor
I wouldn't mind seeing some nice death animations with limb loss, grasping at the wound and such. Could be a nice touch. But as far as crawling around with no arms or legs goes, its a bit too much.