• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Support DLC weapon - PKM + Scorpion ammo backpack

Fenr1r

Apr 22, 2015
Russia
Hello. Here i wanna suggest my idea for Support DLC weapon (anyone can suggest anything, right ?)
We already have machine gun in game - Stoner 63A, and he is not OP actually. So why not add some more machine guns ? :)

This is how i see it.

PKM
Can be added with iron sight, or with red dot sight. Flashlight included.
Планка_Пикатинни.jpg

He is have more damage than Stoner 63A (7,62 vs 5,56), but Support don't have any skills for machine guns, so they are can be balanced as:
Support PKM with out skills = Commando Stoner 63A + skills buffs.

Why this is Support weapon, not for Commando ? Weight.
PKM weight - 9 kg, + Scorpion backpack with out ammo - 6-7 kg.

Scorpion ammo backpack
ammo.jpg

Video with testing

One more

Backpack can contain from 550 (475 in him + 75 in flexible sleeve) to 1000 rounds. I suggest add version with 300 rounds, because of skills - High Capacity Magazines +50%, Resupply pack +20%, and class itself +25%, which means we can have from 300 up to 585 rounds.
This means that you can shoot 300 / 585 times without reloading, yes, but if you will "spray and pray", this backpack will be empty very fast. And you just wasted 15 or 18 kg of weight.

I think this weapon must weight 18 kg, and not be able to upgrade. Why 18 kg, this is machine gun, without reload, so this must be compensated.
But you can't be able to equip this weapon being at 0 lvl, so maybe add this with less damage, and with 15 kg weight.

Well, don't get me wrong, but your justification for making it a support weapon is pretty piss-poor. "The weight is too much" well then... Lower the weight? And the ammo count too, since 1000 is ludicrous.

It would make no sense for the support to get such a gun. It's just not how its playstyle nor his skilltrees are tailored.

As for the weapon itself though...why not? I really do believe we should have at least one more LMG in the Commando arsenal, simply in order to have some sort of comparison. Probablya harder hitting, slower firing one.

Reactions: LunaticMaster
Upvote 0
Well, don't get me wrong, but your justification for making it a support weapon is pretty piss-poor. "The weight is too much" well then... Lower the weight? And the ammo count too, since 1000 is ludicrous.

It would make no sense for the support to get such a gun. It's just not how its playstyle nor his skilltrees are tailored.

As for the weapon itself though...why not? I really do believe we should have at least one more LMG in the Commando arsenal, simply in order to have some sort of comparison. Probablya harder hitting, slower firing one.
Okay. Go ahead, suggest other interesting weapon for Support :sneaky: Except Jackhammer (AA-12 much better).

And about LMG, se my reply above.

Upvote 0
Silly - it's a thinking that if we suggest machine guns, then it will be always for commando. That class is for rifles first of all, or how you said for LMG. PKM is not LMG. It's LITERALLY support weapon, not assault one.

You do realize the perk is named "support", yet has more the role of a infantryman? He's always close to the zeds, dealing tons of damage. He is by no mean a "SUPPORT" class. It's just a name really, like the SWAT doesn't make you part of the police for some reason.

Yes, it will "always be for commando"... because that's the perk's specificities. If we ignore them, why bother having perks at all? We could give a chainsaw to the firebug, a panzershreck to the sharpshooter and a laser gun to the berserker. That's not the point.

If you want to get technical, they way : maybe the PKM is not an LMG but a "support weapon" (then again, I'd argue that every LMGs are actually meant for supressive fire but still...). But then, let's speak about gameplay and it brings you back to what I said above : from a game perspective, the support would benefit nothing from having this kind of gun, or you'd have to rework his whole skills.

Upvote 0
I wish we could get M60 machine gun!
What would be the difference between the M60 and the Stoner lmg?

M60
  1. More damage.
  2. 75 rounds in the base magazine (25 rounds more than in the Stoner's base mag)
  3. Slower fire rate and more recoil
  4. Tier 5 lmg and the cost would be 2000 dosh.
  5. Sentry mode! Slows your move speed by 75%, but gives your gun reduced recoil and the bullets would penetrate up to 2 Zeds! Sentry mode would last 10 seconds!

Upvote 0

Maybe M60 light machine gun?

Upvote 0