• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Supersonic bullet cracks in RO2:HOS?

non-artificial suppression effect.

Do you really want to be at war with your neighbours ?
Do you really want to suffer hearing loss ?

I want to enjoy the weaker sounds of the battlefield (foot-step, distant shots etc..) and my acceptable amplitude of the louder sound is limited. So, loud sounds must be limited in Amplitude compared to the real life.

I hate the artillery sound of RO1, too much louder compared to the other sounds of the game (I always have to lower sound level during the explosions !)

Upvote 0
I would love it if they added supersonic cracks. Adds to the "****, ****!" feeling when being shot at.

I want to enjoy the weaker sounds of the battlefield (foot-step, distant shots etc..) and my acceptable amplitude of the louder sound is limited. So, loud sounds must be limited in Amplitude compared to the real life.

I hate the artillery sound of RO1, too much louder compared to the other sounds of the game (I always have to lower sound level during the explosions !)

Why would supersonic cracks be any louder than when you shoot your weapon? I think you have misunderstood Leopardis post.

Upvote 0
I've always wanted gunfire and artillery to be as loud as real life and RO is probably the best game at this. Sometimes when I stop playing RO, especially after Basovka, my ears start aching a bit for a couple minutes (nothing serious), but I kinda like it since it's more realistic, because I'm not wearing ear protection. Good thing I still haven't suffered any damage (and I've been always listening to music at the max level since I was 10) :D
Sucks to be an ultra-realistic freak... :IS2:

Upvote 0

they dont have to be super loud, are they even that loud in real life? They certainly add to the **** hitting the fan feeling compared to unrealistic smooth whizzes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I agree, but this sound can be simulated without simulating the intensity of it and the hearing loss (which generally is associated more with being close to the source than being near the target).

For instance in DH mod for Ost they have supersonic cracks, which sound kinda like "FWRAP"s.

Project Reality BF2 mod also has them. They're great, lend authenticity.

Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
I've always wanted gunfire and artillery to be as loud as real life and RO is probably the best game at this. Sometimes when I stop playing RO, especially after Basovka, my ears start aching a bit for a couple minutes (nothing serious), but I kinda like it since it's more realistic, because I'm not wearing ear protection. Good thing I still haven't suffered any damage (and I've been always listening to music at the max level since I was 10) :D
Sucks to be an ultra-realistic freak... :IS2:

that is because you simply didnt realize how your hearing went down the hill over time. hearing loss doenst have to be instant, there are just more and more frequencies dropping out. maybe you should see a doctor who can tell you what you are already missing without even realizing it.

i'm totally for cracking bullets, btw. i bet tw wont leave that out. it can be done, it is immersive, so why shouldnt they do it?

Upvote 0