• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer 2019 Beta 2 Changelog

Kittenmittens

Tripwire Interactive Community Team
Staff member
New Event
  • Back & Kickin' Brass
  • Come one, come all to the introduction of our latest game mode, Objective! Assist Dr. Ogada Buyu and Lockheart to complete thrilling tasks for loads of dosh while wearing the latest fashion trends in Steampunk attire! Use the Seal Squeal to fire harpoons and pin Zed corpses against walls so they hang like fleshbag pinatas! Or beat the sense...erm...heals into your allies with our Hemoclobber! These fantastic inventions and more await you on the killing floor! Tally-ho and off you go!
  • Beta 2 Start 5/28/2019, Beta 2 End on final release

Beta 2 for this update contains adjustments and bug fixes from the Beta 1 feedback! We appreciate your input and thank you very much for it.

Addressed Community Feedback

As mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 "State of the Game" our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the "general" section on our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2

Balance
  • Weapons
    • Husk Cannon
      • Damage modifier rate increased from 70% to 80% per charge, effectively increasing the final charge damage from 450% to 500% of the base.
    • Freezethrower
      • Unequip animation plays 23% faster.
      • Spare ammo capacity increased from 400 to 500.
      • 1st weapon upgrade damage for ice shards decreased from 28 to 23.
      • 2nd weapon upgrade damage for ice shards decreased from 36 to 26.
    • Seal Squeal
      • Unequip animation plays 25% faster.
      • Equip animation plays 15% faster.
    • Hemoclobber
      • Dart charge ammo consumption reduced from 40 to 30 for light, bash, and heavy attacks.
      • Spare ammo capacity increased from 9 to 12.
      • Starting spare magazines upon purchase increased from 0 to 1. This means that upon purchase, it will start with 3 spare rounds instead of 0.
      • Gas explosion damage reduced from 250 to 200.
      • Heal amount from gas explosion reduced from 50 to 30.
    • C4
      • Starting spare magazines upon purchase reverted from 0 back to 1. This means that upon purchase, it will start with 1 spare round instead of 0.
      • Spare ammo capacity increased from 1 to 2.
      • Inventory group prioritization set to 0. This will shift the C4 to a lower slot under the Secondary section of the Inventory.
    • Transport Carryables (Gear / Data Pad)
      • Bludgeon damage reduced from 150 to 100.

Designer Note:
We received a lot of feedback from the Beta 1 summer survey, so each adjustment was made with suggestions and concerns in mind from the community.

First off, the Husk Cannon felt more effective firing quick, individual shots instead of fully charged ones. Our adjustment should allow a fully charged shot to deal as much damage as five quick shots.

The previous adjustments to the Freezethrower helped it play better, but unfortunately, there was a bug with the alt-fire that caused the shards to clump up rather than disperse. Now, the shards should disperse properly. Alongside this change, we also received a lot of feedback that it did not have enough ammunition and the swap out speed felt a tad too slow for players to effectively swap and combo with other weapons. The above changes should help address these concerns with the Freezethrower and allow it to perform much better than its previous iterations. We tuned down the weapon upgrade damage values for just the shards to compensate for the increased number of shards launched.

The Seal Squeal had slow swap speeds as well as the inability to explode harpoons while reloading. Unfortunately, the latter is trickier to implement in the given time frame and is something we will look into for a future patch. As for now, we improved the swap speeds to give players an easier time switching into and out of the Seal Squeal.

A lot of feedback requested more ammunition for the Hemoclobber, so we added an extra spare ammo capacity and gave an extra magazine upon purchase to help alleviate some concerns about ammunition. At the same time, its poison gas explosion damage and heal felt too effective, so we adjusted those values down a bit to compensate for the extra ammunition. We also reduced its dart consumption amounts to further improve its feasibility in healing other players. Our goal with these changes is to help improve the Field Medic aspects of the weapon without overpowering the Berserker aspects.

C4 received further tunes to improve its flexibility. It felt too restrictive to only have two C4, so we bumped up the spare ammo capacity to allow one more. We also reverted a previous change and allow players to have 2 C4 at their disposal upon purchase. We also received a lot of concerns about its group prioritization as a lot of players switch from their primary over to their secondary pistol to take care of Zeds and having C4 at the top hindered that a bit.

Lastly, we reduced the damage inflicted by the gear and data pad as the pair provided an excessive amount of damage, especially in the hands of Berserkers.
  • Perks
    • Commando
      • Level 20 Hollow Point Rounds
        • Damaged reverted from 20% back to 30%.
        • Updated text description to reflect the change.

Designer Note:
We want to send a big thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts and feedback on the damage reduction. We decided to revert the change and further explore options to improve the design of the Eat Lead and Hollow Point Rounds Perk skills. We want to create a better standing for the two Perk skills. We received a lot of great suggestions, and to give us ample time to properly test and configure any new changes, we will not be pushing out any changes to Eat Lead or Hollow Point Rounds for the summer patch.

As always, we'd like to hear the community's feedback on any of these changes. You can do so by visiting and posting in the "general" section on the official Tripwire Interactive forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2

Bug Fixes

Also mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 "State of the Game" our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the "PC" or "Console" sections.

Top Community Issues:
  • Fixed an issue where quick healing with the syringe, then swapping weapons allowed players to use weapons when carrying the Transport carryable during a Transport objective.

Crashes
  • Fixed an issue where the client crashes when map travelling to a VS Survival game session.

Gameplay:
  • Fixed an issue where the Freezethrower alt-fire ice shards applied the freeze affliction.
  • Fixed an issue where the Transport carryables (Gear / Data Pad) used higher than intended parry and block values.
  • Fixed an issue where the Survivalist Make Things Go Boom Perk skill applied to all types of damage reduction.
  • Fixed an issue where the drone was still targetable by bosses.

Maps:
  • Steam Fortress
    • Fixed an issue where the Trader pod inside the rocket activated before the boss wave.
    • Fixed an issue where the Trader pod inside the rocket did not work during game modes outside of Objective.
    • Cleaned up multiple snag spots throughout the map.
  • Santa's Workshop
    • Fixed an issue where the Zeds were not playing Christmas VO.

Weapons:
  • Fixed an issue where the Seal Squeal harpoons ricochet off of metal walls.

Cosmetics:
  • Fixed an issue where the HMTech-401 Assault Rifle prestige skin was incorrectly mapped to the model.
  • Fixed an issue where the Kriss SMG Vault Vosh skin was untextured during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where the Railgun Vault Vosh skin was untextured during gameplay.

Audio
  • Fixed an issue where Objective game mode dialogue would play in VS Survival lobbies.

User Interface:
  • Fixed an issue where Create a Match would make an invalid Objective game mode.

Localization:
  • Fixed an issue where the description for the Objective game mode was not localized.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

Reactions: Patros and imnrk
Glad to see more work being done between Hollow Point & Eat Lead!

Also I feel the quickheal exploit with transport kinda says something about how difficult that objective can be when you're so slow, so maybe buff the speed or even remove the penalty altogether because there are times where it feels next to impossible to grab the thing and survive (it also feels very similar to the drone objectives in that you're protecting a slow-moving V.I.P. except you do it 3 times in a row. IMO reduced or no speed penalty kinda makes it feel more CTF-esque).

So the Xmas Zeds on Santa's Workshop are intentional, then? Are there plans to have the other event zeds only appear on their corresponding maps? I feel it does well for world-building and gameplay variance, giving this nice feeling that the Zeds aren't the same everywhere, even outside of events.

Upvote 0
LolzMan1325;n2332188 said:
So the Xmas Zeds on Santa's Workshop are intentional, then? Are there plans to have the other event zeds only appear on their corresponding maps? I feel it does well for world-building and gameplay variance, giving this nice feeling that the Zeds aren't the same everywhere, even outside of events.

I 100% agree with what you mean, other than just having the different "vibes" per map with the same zeds, have a visually new threat to fight against each game - Christmas zeds for "Santa"s workshop and Krampus lair, Summer zeds for Airship and Tragic kingdom and Halloween zeds for Monster ball
Would be wicked! 👍

Reactions: imnrk
Upvote 0
Out of the blue, but are there any plans for changes to the character roster?, with, Rae, Dar, ms foster and Santa getting alphabetically categorised like the rest?
Doesn't matter, but if that's the case alphabetically it should look like this right?:
  1. (R.Alberts T.Banner R.Briar)
  2. (C.Briar D.a.r M.Foster)
  3. (Ms.Foster R.Higgins O.Jaegorhorn)
  4. (A.Larive B.Masterson C.Masterson)
  5. (D.Neals B.Santa D.Skully)
  6. (A.Strasser H.Tanaka)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is Hell on Earth harder now or am I just bad? I'm able to solo HoE for most maps but these objective maps are kickin' my arse! I can only get myself to wave 8 on steamfortress 2 and most of the time is spent running around in circles cuz I can only weld so much before the slap party comes to play. (it also feelsbadman when I do said objective with no ammo left and I gotta kill 5 rioters, 5 bloats and a handful of husks) I love objective mode though its pretty fun and has the best time-spent-to-zeds-murdered ratio. I think objective mode has alot of potential and opens alot of doors for the future of KF2. (love the story arcs between maps, I love more lockheart and I think Tripwire's creativity really shines with the steampunk/fantasy stuff.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the original damage value bonus of Hollow Point pre-summer beta was +25% (unless the text description was wrong to begin with). I just find it amusing that we go into this summer beta nerfing the skill to only +20%, and now we're going into beta 2 with it being stronger than the original value (+30% instead of +25%). So...Commando essentially just received a buff.

bN4r9BK.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Coffee009;n2332199 said:
Is Hell on Earth harder now or am I just bad? I'm able to solo HoE for most maps but these objective maps are kickin' my arse! I can only get myself to wave 8 on steamfortress 2 and most of the time is spent running around in circles cuz I can only weld so much before the slap party comes to play. (it also feelsbadman when I do said objective with no ammo left and I gotta kill 5 rioters, 5 bloats and a handful of husks) I love objective mode though its pretty fun and has the best time-spent-to-zeds-murdered ratio. I think objective mode has alot of potential and opens alot of doors for the future of KF2. (love the story arcs between maps, I love more lockheart and I think Tripwire's creativity really shines with the steampunk/fantasy stuff.)

It's not just you. I too mainly play solo HoE and my expierence is largely the same - most of the gameplay consists of running around in circles, welding a marginal amount and then running again. The gear/data pad objectives are the polor opposite - it's easy to simple run past all the zeds and finish the wave. The various defence-style objectives lie somewhere in between.

Objectives like the welding are inherently flawed for solo, with the way zeds spawn (always meant to be surrounding you, around the next corner, etc). And especially on HoE with how fast they move you have next to no time for a proper weld. If you haven't tried the objective mode in multiplayer yet, it feels a lot more balanced throughout all the objective types since players can spread around and do what needs to be done.

I feel like they are intended for multiplayer and don't expect this to change.

Upvote 0
PhazonElite7;n2332200 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the original damage value bonus of Hollow Point pre-summer beta was +25% (unless the text description was wrong to begin with). I just find it amusing that we go into this summer beta nerfing the skill to only +20%, and now we're going into beta 2 with it being stronger than the original value (+30% instead of +25%). So...Commando essentially just received a buff.

bN4r9BK.png

If I remember right it always increased damage by 30%, but for some reason the skill said it was 25%.
So more of a typo/bug fix.

Upvote 0
Image4_zps8w2yhv1m.png

Image2_zps282zy6nn.png

This is what my files say, and I haven't opted into the beta at all. Seems like a typo was indeed the case. Recoil is handled by ModifyRecoil() in KFPerk_Commando and is not related to the perk skill's StartingValue or MaxValue but instead on a getter function that returns the default value of HollowPointRecoilModifier, which is 0.5, so that part is correct.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ShingoMurata;n2332256 said:
Any chance of giving the game away for free? The -67% discount or whatever there was recently wasn't successful, there's still about a 5% chance of not running into trolls on public servers... Would be nice to reduce that to zero no?

There's no way to maintain free updates while also making the game free... Otherwise you'd need a **** load of microtransactions, which is something gamers are rarely keen about.

So that's a huge no-no from me. I'd rather see a lowered price and maybe (just MAYBE) some purchasable DLCs as a compensation.

Or you know, better yet : keep things as they are. And try to make some friends to play along with you.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2332264 said:
There's no way to maintain free updates while also making the game free... Otherwise you'd need a **** load of microtransactions, which is something gamers are rarely keen about.

It kinda self maintains right now with the community market, since with every transaction the kf2 receives part of the money and so does valve because... valve.
And looking at the invoice, kf2 takes double the fee than valve does for each transaction.

Upvote 0
Hm I thought my question was unmistakably facetious but okay o.0

So is everyone cool with the game being dead and Cube being the only map anyone plays now then?

That's what happens when Boom waves and EDARs that can immobilise players through a crowd of scrakes till you're dead make close quarter maps unplayable...

Open maps are basically worthless as well because it soon gets to the point where your game engine teleports one solo stalker after another behind the players who are carrying the instant they press fire or reload to ensure that all of their armour is chipped away in order that they're basically just standing around naked waiting to die instantly from a husk fireball that comes out of nowhere from 3 miles away at the wrong time

So the game's been reduced now from having about ten playable maps and around half of the players able to hold their own to Cube and SuperPerkLevelling and 90% trolls who either don't realise they can't handle HOE at all or are there to rub that fact in the faces of whatever vet players haven't just quit yet

Do you guys even play your own game? Tripwire? Or do you still just chill playing hard on Farmhouse and call it a day on updates after that? That's what I think to be honest because if you played your own game to any decent level you'd realise how TNT stalkers are basically about as bad as FPS gameplay gets...

Sorry but if you guys could play at a decent level you would have fixed dozens of these issues before EA was over and not allowed any of this more recent foolishness to creep in... Do the developers want the game to die? Can they not wait to be reassigned?

So, will anything ever be done? Or do I start trolling as well? Gunslinger is my main but I'm happy to spend my games running backwards spamming Evis blades or forwards spamming 501 medic farts at my feet on endless like all the trolls do if those are features rather than bugs?

Upvote 0
Good afternoon, I'd like to ask. What about killing floor calamity? There were no updates, departures from any device are just a bunch. Play is not possible... Will there be any updates or anything else? Very sad, if not. The game is now worse than the first Killing Floor, bugs and crashes tons. And you need to pay for it as much as for the first part. That's very unfair. I am sorry that I write here, but in the forum of the game, you didn't have a single message for bugs and errors about the game.

Upvote 0
ShingoMurata;n2332294 said:
KF2 is worse than KF1 as well now mate and I didn't even play KF1 heh just seems kinda obvious by the fact that not a _single_ person I know who came from KF1 still plays

Keep your opinions to yourself mate. I get you may be upset which is fine, but don't add me in your rant. I had 1400 hrs in KF1, and I enjoy KF2 just as much as KF1. Also there are better ways to voice out your concerns, inquiries or any other claim you may have and appropiate channels for that. This thread is about the beta update and not about the game as a whole, so why don't you take your rant to a support subforum or somewhere else more suited for it.

Being toxic and bashing with such negative attitude is what gets you ignored, and if you're too toxic maybe even banned. Take a chill pill, and do it the right way, not the "I'm mad so everyone should suffer my wrath" way.

Upvote 0
Edomaro;n2332303 said:
Keep your opinions to yourself mate. I get you may be upset which is fine, but don't add me in your rant. I had 1400 hrs in KF1, and I enjoy KF2 just as much as KF1. Also there are better ways to voice out your concerns, inquiries or any other claim you may have and appropiate channels for that. This thread is about the beta update and not about the game as a whole, so why don't you take your rant to a support subforum or somewhere else more suited for it.

Being toxic and bashing with such negative attitude is what gets you ignored, and if you're too toxic maybe even banned. Take a chill pill, and do it the right way, not the "I'm mad so everyone should suffer my wrath" way.

See the problem is I've been in and out of these forums countless times and no-one is ever interested in acknowledging the game's lack of growth...

Instead it's butt-hurt guys like you for whom the shoe has fit with regards to folks being carried... My bet is you're one of them

They always get triggered by what I have to say and you know what? This is the last time I'm dignifying it...

Yes I know I'm outnumbered by you people now that all the quality players have gone and taken the best half of the community with it and I don't care :)

Wake up everyone and ignore gaslighters with their "toxic" this and whatever that... Game's been dying since it was born https://steamcharts.com/app/232090

Upvote 0
Edomaro;n2332303 said:

PS I've given your comment an extra like to help your buddies out I can tell you're into hearts on Instagram etc cheers mate

Upvote 0
Maybe go complain on reddit and get chewed there?
The stats you gave show that the game has a healthy avg player base for an indy title that did in fact grow when looking at it.

Anything that is dying is your attempt at getting someone to listen to you.
You're like player in tf2 that with every new update shouted that the game is dying... Well guess what, that game still stands and so is this.
It will only die when end of the line comes.

​​​​​​

Upvote 0