• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestions for reloading and aiming down sights

dibbler67

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Texas
Hi all.

Before my first, long-winded post let me just say how much I've enjoyed being a part of this beta. It may be buggy, but I think that's were a lot of a beta's fun lies.

Anyway, I have a couple of suggestions that I believe could improve the immersion of this game in an update or a future mod. They are as follows:

1. Reloading. In game, if you fire a shot and reload without cycling the bolt, you eject one round and put in another. If you reload after cycling the bolt, however, you still put it a single round. You should put in two, because you ejected a live round when you opened the bolt to reload! This is a minor detail that I thought the game got right at first,
but I think I just lost track of how many shots I'd fired.:eek: I could be wrong for other guns, but this is how my Mauser works. I just think this would be an awesome, realistic feature to implement, and it might make people think twice about reloading just anywhere because it would take a little longer.

2. Zoom/Sway/Depth of Field/Aiming/etc. I love the way the zoom simulates actual distance. L-O-V-E it. But I agree with many on here that feel that it makes shooting too easy. My proposed solution? Make it even more realistic! In game, the gun's sights and its target always seem to be in perfect focus. In real life, our (mine, at least) eyes are constantly shifting focus between the front sight, rear sight and the target, while our arms are trying to keep them all aligned. A way to simulate this would be to have a button or a cycle similar to sway that cycles focus between the sights and the target. In game we could also have the current a-few-pixels-of sway moved to affect the alignment of the sights and a larger, smoother sway caused by our breathing, shivering, twitching, etc. that would cause a general wandering of the percieved point of aim on the target.

We must of course remember that these are trained soldiers; they would be steady enough to ignore sight sway when aiming at targets less than 300 meters away (unless they were aiming for the head.) This would make those short shots still as easy as they should be and those very long shots as hard as they should be.

TL;DR: Read it, dammit. :rolleyes: :cool:

Just my $0.02. What a fantastic game!

Reactions: fOgGy
Hi all.

Before my first, long-winded post let me just say how much I've enjoyed being a part of this beta. It may be buggy, but I think that's were a lot of a beta's fun lies.

Anyway, I have a couple of suggestions that I believe could improve the immersion of this game in an update or a future mod. They are as follows:

1. Reloading. In game, if you fire a shot and reload without cycling the bolt, you eject one round and put in another. If you reload after cycling the bolt, however, you still put it a single round. You should put in two, because you ejected a live round when you opened the bolt to reload! This is a minor detail that I thought the game got right at first,
but I think I just lost track of how many shots I'd fired.:eek: I could be wrong for other guns, but this is how my Mauser works. I just think this would be an awesome, realistic feature to implement, and it might make people think twice about reloading just anywhere because it would take a little longer.

I'm pretty sure this is implemented at least for certain weapons cos there has been several bug reports about this from people who didn't realize thats how the weapon works.

Upvote 0