• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Weekend Deal - GRAW Series

It's not a bad game, it's just not a ghost recon.

That, and the controls feel very unresponsive, almost floaty, and there is something wrong with the FOV i think, at least i find it hard to negotiate the environment.
Also, the red triangles on enemies just need to go. "But we are all high tech future warriors now! 1337!" but in fact it's just another way of dumbing stuff down for the masses, pointing out enemies they might not have seen otherwise. Not seeing an enemy means that you deserve to die.

It's a nice deal for people who have a hard time trying to find the addons for the original ghost recon though.

Upvote 0
Have you actually played through it? the triangles don't point every enemy out and they **** off after 30 seconds or so.

Both GRAW & GRAW 2 have bastard difficulty levels. Even on medium its a pain in the arse and far from arcade. At least it's a proper PC game and not some ****ty port, so it does well it todays market in my opinion.

Of course you will have it your way and your entitled to your opinions, i just posted this thread to alert people of the steam deal, not to initiate an argument.

Upvote 0
Lol the triangles just tag people you have already seen for a while, they don't magically appear and never appear on people outside your field of view. The idea is that the satellite tags them and follows their movement for a short period. Nothing too sci-fi for me and similar albeit different tracking systems are actually being developed and, who knows, might be in use in a decade or so. If you don't like the semi-sci-fi scenario, well don't play a game that says "advanced warfighter" in its title.

And to me, the movement system and field of view are awesome. Finally a game where things don't look scaled down, ESPECIALLY the guns. That's a matter of taste though. Movement is very fluid, you can't run and gun and if you start to sprint you know that for a short period you will be defenseless. If it had realistic bullet physics, more and better maps and some proper game modes (like that of RO) it would an ace multiplayer game. too.

Upvote 0
Yes i have played through the games, both of them.:rolleyes:
The 'bastard difficulty levels' only come from the limited map design, and thus the firefights wich will be the same over and over again, for example a building with some RPG soldiers on it cant be flanked, you have to face RPG's head-on. Combine that with to slow movement, and you've got the 'bastard difficulty' you speak of.

I realise that the triangles dont just pop up on everyone and fade away after a small amount of time, but it's still stupid. Shadows dont hide anything from your AI teammates who are otherwise utter crap, and thus point out soldiers you might not have seen lurking in the shadows.
Cheap kills.

Also, "well don't play a game that says "advanced warfighter" in its title."
orly? I'm not playing an Advanced Warfighter game, i am playing a POS that is supposed to go through for a Ghost Recon title. That is something different.
There is no way the games can compare, although it's not as bad as with Vegas and Rainbow Six, i'll grant you that.
It still doesnt mean that i cant dislike the game for these things, just because you dont care and do enjoy the POS:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
"I'm playing a POS blablabla" the same rant on every thread lol. Except you left out the part of the sentence that mattered: If you didn't want to play a near future tactical shooter with some "high tech" in it you shouldn't play it because you knew what you were getting. But wow, you play through both games even though you hate them? You're either pretty strange or rather you actually did enjoy them to some extent and won't admit it because you just can't get over the fact that boo-hoo they are not like the first ghost recons. So satellite tracking systems are too arcadey for you... in a near future shooter... okay. Bet your're a really seasoned vet then.

You run into open RPG fire it's your fault. The game always gives you a fair set of options to get through the objectives. It's not a sandbox game like Flashpoint and it never pretended to be. Especially part two has some very open maps where you can just roam around and finish objectives in the order you decide, though.

Suppression works nice and isn't some kind of strange number game like in that WW2 shooter (forgot the name, they all sound the same).
Maybe you should practice more because the AI teammates are really predictable and work very well if you care to actually put some effort into it. They are much more useful than the ones in your praised ArmA are. They never get killed unless you use them extremely recklessly, except for the final mission of part 2 that is somewhat unfair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"I'm playing a POS blablabla" the same rant on every thread lol. Except you left out the part of the sentence that mattered: If you didn't want to play a near future tactical shooter with some "high tech" in it you shouldn't play it because you knew what you were getting. But wow, you play through both games even though you hate them? You're either pretty strange or rather you actually did enjoy them to some extent and won't admit it because you just can't get over the fact that boo-hoo they are not like the first ghost recons. So satellite tracking systems are too arcadey for you... in a near future shooter... okay. Bet your're a really seasoned vet then.

You run into open RPG fire it's your fault. The game always gives you a fair set of options to get through the objectives. It's not a sandbox game like Flashpoint and it never pretended to be. Especially part two has some very open maps where you can just roam around and finish objectives in the order you decide, though.

Suppression works nice and isn't some kind of strange number game like in that WW2 shooter (forgot the name, they all sound the same).
Maybe you should practice more because the AI teammates are really predictable and work very well if you care to actually put some effort into it. They are much more useful than the ones in your praised ArmA are. They never get killed unless you use them extremely recklessly, except for the final mission of part 2 that is somewhat unfair.

I might give the same rant every now and then, that's only because i still feel it's true :rolleyes:
Go ahead and call me strange for playing a game that i payed for:rolleyes: I'm not paying for a game to just put it aside after 10 minutes even though i dislike it. It's an ok game, but it is very generic and just not what it should have been. And yes, compared to the original game it's a piece of ****. Maybe i shouldve said 'played both games' instead of played through, i didnt finish either game. Couldnt force myself to play on after a certain while, it just didnt fulfill me like the original game which i played through at least 3 times.

Upvote 0