• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

steam acheivements and stats tracking

Noggin on Wheels

Apr 4, 2009
Hi KF forums
im just posting to ask wether killing floor will take full advantage of the TF2 style stats tracking and acheivemnets. i feel acheivements not only flesh out single player but also extend the life of onoine play, of course acheivements shoukld be geared towards teamwork so as not to have lone rambos running around being acheivemnt whores. also permanent stats tracking like in TF2 which can be veiwed over the steam community pages.
acheivements:
-save team member from a fleshpound
-survive a game on "said" map
ect

please tell me if tripwire intended to utilise these features on steam and i would also like to hear your veiws on what acheivements we should have.

also i would like AT LEAST 50 acheivements as this will provide longevity for online and single play

Yes Wilsonam, i agree that there should be no acheivemnets that encourage "moronic" gameplay, and i suggest that all the acheivements be geared towards teamwork, funny stuff/flukes, & some general personel acheivements (kill 10000000 clots ect). also may i add that the perk system sounds interesting, in call of duty 4 this led to some awesome clan optimisation and teamwork, with each member having specified weapons and perks (ie mp5 + juggernaught + extreme conditioning = a ****ing awesome scout). will there be a similair system to CoD4 where you unlock perks and weapon addons for doing certain tasks (i.e. being able to pick scopes for weapons or sliencers, and perks that make your aim steadier, or make you run faster, carry more ammo ect) or will it simply be a kind of class system where you get class relevent perks which can be used in game when playing as "said" class. more info on this would be great, and please note that a CoD4 style perk system would ****ing rock ;P. also can you give me an idea of what acheivements and what perks will be on offer?

Upvote 0
Kill lots of specimen with an axe = Axeman (As a tribute to the AM clan, and it makes sense after all)

I also suggest:
Kill 1000 Clots with a knife (its surprisingly easy to daisy-chain kill (e.g. 1 stab a kill, and use the momentum from dodging one clot to kill the next) them if you know how)
Kill 250 stalkers with a knife (same applies as to clots)
Kill 200 gorefasts with a knife (little harder)
kill 50 crawlers with knife (actually this is damn hard, despite their little health)

Having all those = Commando perk unlocked, e.g. when wielding your knife all sorts of wicked bonusses activate, mainly a big damage boost and some damage protection (say around 30%). The downside of this would be that you won't get any other bonusses whatsoever (whilst the other perks DO give good other bonusses)

Upvote 0
sniper dragon nice ideas, and thats actually an AWERSOME idea! doing certain groups of acheivemnts unlocks perks, meaning that your perks will be reflective of your fighting style! ^.^ PURE ****ING GENIOUS SNIPER DRAGON! any devs please take note this would be an awesome way of attaining perks and weapon addons/benefits ingame.

also does anyone have any ideas for novelty acheivements, rather than "kill X number of subject Y" acheivements o_O

Upvote 0
I also suggest:
Kill 1000 Clots with a knife (its surprisingly easy to daisy-chain kill (e.g. 1 stab a kill, and use the momentum from dodging one clot to kill the next) them if you know how)
Kill 250 stalkers with a knife (same applies as to clots)
Kill 200 gorefasts with a knife (little harder)
kill 50 crawlers with knife (actually this is damn hard, despite their little health)

why knife only? why not any melee weapons?

Upvote 0
why knife only? why not any melee weapons?
because you always wear a knife, and not the pipe/axe. Plus, when was the last time you saw a commando movie with the l33t dude cutting people their throats with an axe instead of a sharp blade.
Thats why different achievements would be nice. Also, perks should enhance the capabilities of weapons, rather then compensating for their weaknesses.
e.g. The Axeman perk Gives the axe 30% more damage, and 20% damage reduction but does not speed it up. This makes sure the variety and strategical choosing between weapon/perk combinations is awesome, and not becomes one big bland of things that all work more or less the same, but with a different model skin and sound.
And stalkers are actually easier to kill then gorefasts, nearly as easy as clots, but because of their danger level due to cloak and combo attack, lowering the requirement quite a bit makes sense.

Upvote 0