• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Space Marine

How people keep ****ing up WH40k games is beyond me...I mean the material is gold how do they keep sucking!?

I enjoyed Chaos Gate and Final Liberation no end, and Relic sure know how to make a good RTS but why no one has been able to make a half decent action game (first or third person) based on the series is just mind boggling.

What about Fire Warr- Oh wait never mind.

Upvote 0
(...) why no one has been able to make a half decent action game (first or third person) based on the series is just mind boggling.

Space Hulk?

Revenge of the Dark Angels?

I don't know how about you, but I sure shat myself senseless while screaming desperate obscenities to the sound of synthesised Genestealer screaming back in primary school.

Upvote 0
I want. Expectations are not super high going in, had a dev shake up and everything, and I imagine there will be a lot of junk along with the combat so it's seamless, kind of like Assassin's Creed.

But as a 40k fan I can't help myself, and it does look pretty brutal and well animated. The question for me is whether it will be a boring repetitive kill fest after 3 levels (like GoW) or if it will do some thing interesting along the way.

If it's good, it's one step closer to a quality 40k FPS.

Upvote 0
WOW that's a lot of angry responses..haven't seen that many since MW2 came out o_O

A lot? Above my first post - while not being a titan of arithmetic - I am able to count 3 (three) responses. Which acknowledge good WH40k games of a bygone age and express dissatisfaction with THQ games, while not directly criticising the current game in question.

In essence, that was somewhat of an exaggeration, Sirrah, was it not?

Upvote 0
A lot? Above my first post - while not being a titan of arithmetic - I am able to count 3 (three) responses. Which acknowledge good WH40k games of a bygone age and express dissatisfaction with THQ games, while not directly criticising the current game in question.

In essence, that was somewhat of an exaggeration, Sirrah, was it not?
xD Yeah it was, I'm just joking, can't wait tbh, I also really wish to try out the free game it comes with

Upvote 0
I personally never liked anything Warhammer in general.

There is something in the design... I don't know how to call it, but is the opposite of "stylish". Unreal Tournament 3 had the same problem ><

Edit: It also brings me memories of the nerds playing in the nerd shop... oh no, the visions are coming back! :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, like Nenjin wrote, Fed - de gustibus non est disputandum. There seems to be a whole legion of people who like the kind of design (or at least are not turned off by it); personally, I'm usually good with it, albeit it's good to poke fun at it occasionally - when it gets too ludicrous.

Upvote 0
It's called grimdark. You either like it or you don't, but it's pretty much part of every GWS game and concept.

[NERDMODE]

I generally would somewhat disagree.

While the new direction WH40K took definitely is grimdark, this can't be said for the first and second edition, with the 4th edition going completely grimdark. Similarly Warhammer Fantasy wasn't really grimdark before the 6th and 7th editions, and their wave of new models and artwork. Before said editions only races that were meant to be grimdark actually were grimdark (Chaos, Dark Elves [Eldar], Skaven, Chaos Dwarves and Orks to an extent), with the good races being... good. Elves with hearts and fluffy stuff were the perfect example. :D

[/NERDMODE]

Nuff said that I dislike the grimdark approach.

Last edited:
Upvote 0