• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Sound

I hope that they balance all the volumes well together.
I rather have to turn up my audio for a game but have all the things at an equal level, than have way too many sounds hitting the limit too early so that a realistic distinction is not possible.

Voip in Roost is pretty much unaudible unless you turn all the sound volumes way down and voip volume way up.

When inside a tank you can hear pretty much nothing but the tank itself, but 1 meter outside of the tank and its pretty inaudible.

Upvote 0
Please make the sound of the t-34 ( if it will participate in the game ) as authentic as possible. I love to hear that v-12 diesel. For example:

I hate to be a pain, but in shows like this they rarely even use things like the real CHASSIS let alone the real engine of the tank.

But the t-34 was in service for quite a while so maybe it's all real stuff

Upvote 0
Yeah, I really hope they make the sound system well, audio is often underrated but IMHO it's half of the experience!

Well done audio with terrible graphics is much more immersive and impressive than great graphics and horrible audio which unfortunately is common.

When you go HIFI in games (movies too but not that much) you can't go back ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A little bit concerned.

A little bit concerned.

Well, I have listen to the gameplays of Heroes of Stalingrad, and I am hearing that the soldiers are sometimes speaking english!? This is not very realistic when a german soldier shouting "covering fire" "Feuerschutz". What I am pointing at is that you can't call it so realistic as you guys are doing when the soldiers are not even speaking their mothertounge.

I am gonna buy it anyway, but it's a huge disapointment if the soldiers are not speaking their "mothertounge".

Upvote 0
You didn't find the massive thread about that?

Realism isn't just one thing, it depends on what you consider realistic. TWI and others feel that understanding your fellow soldier is more realistic then having them speak in their native toungue. Other people, including you, feel the other way. I suggest no way is more right than the other. I remember starting to use "los los los" in the old day of defeat beta days and enjoying that very much, but I actually prefer TWIs approach in RO2.

Upvote 0
You didn't find the massive thread about that?

Realism isn't just one thing, it depends on what you consider realistic. TWI and others feel that understanding your fellow soldier is more realistic then having them speak in their native toungue. Other people, including you, feel the other way. I suggest no way is more right than the other. I remember starting to use "los los los" in the old day of defeat beta days and enjoying that very much, but I actually prefer TWIs approach in RO2.
So you are meaing that the soldier is mixing between two langues is a good approach? I know what you are trying to get to, but it won't hold... in Red Orchestra 41-45 tripwire gave you the option to choose what to say, so you could understand it. That is the right approach. I can guess that you have played AC2 can you call it realstic how they are speaking? it is the same way. And no haha I could not find it. (searched for it in 2 min) :p

Upvote 0