• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Sound

GfrSeifter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 29, 2007
Austria
sounds are very important to keep it authentic. sounds in RO are good, but there is always something to improve and i am sure they will :)

Porsche

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2009
Arizona
I agree, the sounds really add to the experience. I do not see why with the technology today the sounds would not be more realistic in HOS.

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
I hope that they balance all the volumes well together.
I rather have to turn up my audio for a game but have all the things at an equal level, than have way too many sounds hitting the limit too early so that a realistic distinction is not possible.

Voip in Roost is pretty much unaudible unless you turn all the sound volumes way down and voip volume way up.

When inside a tank you can hear pretty much nothing but the tank itself, but 1 meter outside of the tank and its pretty inaudible.

Capt.Cool

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 5, 2010
Sky high
one problem i allways had was that tanks are way too silent and can sneak up on your halfway aware infantry guy
yea, tanks should be much louder!

think of SavingPrivatRyan as the Tiger appeared at the end of the film!
the whole cimema was shaking at that sound! :D

Calumhm

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
Plymouth, England
Please make the sound of the t-34 ( if it will participate in the game ) as authentic as possible. I love to hear that v-12 diesel. For example:

I hate to be a pain, but in shows like this they rarely even use things like the real CHASSIS let alone the real engine of the tank.

But the t-34 was in service for quite a while so maybe it's all real stuff

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
If a T34 or Sherman is showed running, most of the time its the real deal. Its primarily German tanks that can be fakes.

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
Yeah, I really hope they make the sound system well, audio is often underrated but IMHO it's half of the experience!

Well done audio with terrible graphics is much more immersive and impressive than great graphics and horrible audio which unfortunately is common.

When you go HIFI in games (movies too but not that much) you can't go back ;)

Last edited:

Nex_Mucro

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 18, 2010
A little bit concerned.

A little bit concerned.

Well, I have listen to the gameplays of Heroes of Stalingrad, and I am hearing that the soldiers are sometimes speaking english!? This is not very realistic when a german soldier shouting "covering fire" "Feuerschutz". What I am pointing at is that you can't call it so realistic as you guys are doing when the soldiers are not even speaking their mothertounge.

I am gonna buy it anyway, but it's a huge disapointment if the soldiers are not speaking their "mothertounge".

Snuffeldjuret

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2010
Goteborg, Sweden
You didn't find the massive thread about that?

Realism isn't just one thing, it depends on what you consider realistic. TWI and others feel that understanding your fellow soldier is more realistic then having them speak in their native toungue. Other people, including you, feel the other way. I suggest no way is more right than the other. I remember starting to use "los los los" in the old day of defeat beta days and enjoying that very much, but I actually prefer TWIs approach in RO2.

Nex_Mucro

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 18, 2010
You didn't find the massive thread about that?

Realism isn't just one thing, it depends on what you consider realistic. TWI and others feel that understanding your fellow soldier is more realistic then having them speak in their native toungue. Other people, including you, feel the other way. I suggest no way is more right than the other. I remember starting to use "los los los" in the old day of defeat beta days and enjoying that very much, but I actually prefer TWIs approach in RO2.
So you are meaing that the soldier is mixing between two langues is a good approach? I know what you are trying to get to, but it won't hold... in Red Orchestra 41-45 tripwire gave you the option to choose what to say, so you could understand it. That is the right approach. I can guess that you have played AC2 can you call it realstic how they are speaking? it is the same way. And no haha I could not find it. (searched for it in 2 min) :p