• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

sound was not fixed in patch

Reloaded

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 22, 2011
Yep, same here. But If I'm reading a post in another thread correctly, the rolled the "fix" back?

Yoshiro said:
Nothing in the current patch should have removed frames beyond the potential sound fix we put in.

And we rolled that back out. I strongly suggest fresh .ini files incase something is lingering around that should not be.

pnarciso

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
The sound bug is becoming annoying. When the server changes map, my sound is gone, and I must restart the game to fix this.
Please fix this ASAP.

PUTZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Baltimore, MD, USA
We rolled that "fix" out because it tanked some people's performance. We are working on a different solution.

We aren't giving up on it...

pnarciso

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
We'd rather fix the issues we have, than create new ones by ripping out an entire system and replacing it with another.
Isn't OpenAL part of UDK for years? Have you tested OpenAL instead of Xaudio 2 in your studios, and does it lead to bugs in sound too?
Also, why using a software solution in a game that's already CPU limited?

Das Bose

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 8, 2009
Sunny Scarborough
Isn't OpenAL part of UDK for years? Have you tested OpenAL instead of Xaudio 2 in your studios, and does it lead to bugs in sound too?
Also, why using a software solution in a game that's already CPU limited?
I wondered this too? It does seem rather an odd choice given the hardware acceleration available with OpenAL.