• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Sound Mod

P|anterA

Sep 3, 2011
London
Hi guys,

My name is Pantera and I am a Sound Designer. I have been interested in this line of work since the tender age of 15 and have always been experimenting with sounds and games.

Anyway, I have long wanted to make my own Sound Mod for a WW2 game (i had previously made Sound Mods for Modern Games that i did not release publically) and I wanted Ro2 to be my first WW2 Sound Mod.

I have already started recording some sounds and have begun playing around etc. My mod aims to replace ALL of the ingame sounds (Multiplayer) by its 1.0- release. I am aiming to make it loud, dirty and with a good subwoofer - make your neighbours complain ;) - as well as keeping it realistic.

I have never made a mod on the UE3 engine, so i wanted to know what are the guidlines for creating a Sound Mod? In specific are there any bit-rate restrictions as well as bit-depth restrictions (from minimum to maximum if possible) or any other restrictions that affect sounds.

Im not too worried about the coding aspect of things but a small guidline on coding for UE3 would be appreciated (we all gotta learn somewhere).

Aside from that I look forward to sharing my work with you in the future :)

Pantera.

Ps. Why doesnt anyone like the sound guys? countless guides out there all for modelling and texturing but no sound stuff. WHERE IS THE LOVE!? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Yoshiro
any news OP?

Yes,

Been busy with recording sounds and designing the ones i couldnt record

Moving onto next stage for the mod: Testing it ingame.

Now, has anyone have any clue how i can do that :p I have never modded Unreal before and it all seems a bit confusing, could find no useful tutorials online.

:IS2: Work goes on though, spicing up the sounds a bit with careful EQ, lets just say that if you have a good audio system (subwoof and all) you will feel the kick of the KAR or Mosin ;)

Upvote 0