• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Sound gone when joining to server

murhis

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Helsinki
After the latest patch it seems that everytime I'm connecting to the server my sounds will be gone. Well infact there's some static like "blipping" sound occuring like morseing. It's the same bug we had on beta, but now it's occuring everytime I connect to the server.

Sounds worked like a charm a patch ago, but now not at all. There shouldn't be anything changed on my end and when there's no crash .dmp files I dunno how to help anymore than saying this is happening? Anybody else having this?

Reactions: Jamer and Raquel
I've had something similar to this ever since the beta.

The difference for me is that the sound works normally most of the time except sometimes when the server I'm on goes to a new map my sound vanishes aside from odd little pops every once in a while. The only way to fix it for me is to close the program and start it again. I've never had it start on joining a server though, only when the map switched.

Upvote 0
Hello all, Had the same problem not really so much on joining but I've noticed as the match progresses more and more sounds stop working.

From the start of the match I can hear all SFX, After 2 minutes explosions will stop, then voices will stop, then breathing, then most rifle shots will stop, and then foot steps until all I'm left with is the victory music at the end and even that sometimes decides to stop. the only way I've found to remedy this is to close the game and rejoin but after a new map has loaded it all starts again.

And when I set the Music volume in settings to 0% the game every now and again will burst in to glorious Soviet trumpets and horns, and then suddenly stop and do it again.

All Audio drivers are up to date ect.

Upvote 0
Yes, same here, If I can get in the game, it's ok for a couple mins, then starts crackling and then popping like a snapping sound and then I lose all sound completely.:(

Since the last two patches the game keeps getting worse for me.

i7 2600k @ 3.40GHz
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard
gpu-nvidia gtx 460 1gb
PSU- Coolermaster 750W
8GB Kingston ram
Sound blaster audigy
running at 1680x1050 @ 60hz res
Windows7 64bit
directx 11

Upvote 0
I just hope Tripwire realizes that this is a completely game-breaking bug. Having the audio cut out every other round (and horrible static etc. when it *is* working) makes for a seriously bad experience with the game.

Every server I've been on I've seen countless "Where's my audio?" comments in the chat after each map load.

For me this is the most severe issue at the moment by far.

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Q6600
Nvidia 8800GTS 512mb
Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Last edited:
Upvote 0