• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Someone hacked into my dedicated server

MiltonFernandes7775

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 5, 2019
I was playing with a friend of mine Tonight, when someone entered my password protected server and logged in as admin. Thankfully, he "Just wanted to play", but It was Very uncomfortable and awkward. I'm afraid If he'll be able to hack into my server again, ir worse, If he'll hack into my computer. I've changed my webadmin password, The server password, reported his Steam account, deactivated DMZ and open ports, but I'm still afraid. Am I safe? What do I do? Please, I'd be Very Grateful for any information.

• Haha
Reactions: ®omano
:eek: OMG :ROFLMAO:

No risk at all, just change the password for a good one, make sure it is properly set in command line and/or config files whatever your preference is (command line supersede the config file I think) and you're good, verify/change settings back to whatever you want. If you had the multi admin enabled check if there is unknown accounts created, but if you didn't enable it manually in the files you're good for this. He can't damage your server (machine) with your game server web admin access, unless you also use weak password to access the whole machine too.... LOL don't tell me, your machine password is "qwerty", right?
awkward-4c0d6f5.png

It can happen when you have a bad password, people just try common/random passwords and sometimes it matches, you probably encountered a random lucky guy.

Upvote 0