• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some requests from a guy who has played a game or two

Sarcy

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2018
First and foremost, this is generally a repost of my previous list found here [https://forums.tripwireinteractive....327683-a-few-thoughts-from-a-seasoned-veteran] BUT with some tweaks in the hope that some of/most of this will come to pass.

1/ More stuff to do - while I appreciate the 8 Outbreaks, 4 Bosses [at time of writing this] and the 4 Modes of play there are many people wishing there was more.

I'll be honest the Cyber Revolt Event was very underwhelming, 1 map? 2 weapons? Toned down objectives? Even the map was a community creation
I cannot hope enough that the Summer Event knocks it out off the park otherwise we'll have another agonising wait until Halloween [which historically has been pretty good]. My point is that each quarterly update should have enough replay value to last until the next addition.

In an ideal world the updates would be more frequent but I get that Tripwire isn't a massive operation so I'd like to think that each update can make up for the long gaps with quality but even then there are some missteps I'd like to see addressed - Random Deaths, Bosses vanishing and "dying", dead lobbies [games that are "over" yet never end] and so on.

Naturally I don't wish to see a myriad of weapons flooding the selection because imo there are plenty as is and adding stuff for the sake of it is just as bad as holding back. Instead I believe more environments to engage in, more ways to play the game and a general refinement of what already exists is the best way forward, fingers crossed we'll see something along those lines in the upcoming updates.

2/ A revised reward system, in particular with regard to Endless.

As it stands right now players get an item every 4 hours [correct me if I'm wrong] so when Tickets are available one might be wise to play a Short game Survival, get a Ticket and then either play Endless until the next window for a Ticket OR do something else and come back 4 hours later.
Problem is some Endless games can go hours but in the end all you get is some Vault Dosh which tbh isn't that great considering how insane it is to rack up enough materials to craft high-tier items [on console anyhow].

I believe the window, for console players, should be shortened to say 1 item per hour [or 2?] and if you're playing Endless and the window passes you receive an item whilst still in-game so you don't miss out. This way you can earn stuff and leave games if you must without feeling you've wasted time because you didn't earn anything [besides XP], also this would allow players to get multiple items if they go 2, 3, 4+ hours in one session.

Sidenote, on the Team Awards could you tweak the Dominator award to count higher than 1?

3/ Adjustments to Daily Objectives

Now this is something I don't have much to say about, what a relief I hear you say, so here it is.

Beating a Hell on Earth match should NOT reward the same as killing some Cysts...
Furthermore I propose a Daily Swap wherein the player can switch one Objective per day for something else, for example when you are given a Suicidal/Hell on Earth but none of your Perks are at a level suitable enough to even attempt such a feat.

4/ ZED-specific waves in Endless

Quite simple, get the EDARs out of waves they don't belong in and put them in a wave of their own - "Husk" waves are insane enough on Suicidal/Hell on Earth without Trappers holding you in place whilst the other 2 pummel you some more.

About the content i can say that it will be lighter this year, as the team hopefully focuses on ironing out bugs, improving performance by a metric fukton and honestly getting the server admin thing actually functioning properly.

Rewards yeh that needs some work.
Especially the drop rate being an item a day... Which is bad and this game isnt exactly a mobile game.
They should just go tf2 route and drop an item every 1,5 - 2 hours of gameplay so people could craft away at a faster pace.

And yeh, i miss the hotfixes that we used to have... That could address the bugs that are easy for them to fix, so we wouldn't have to suffer for the next 3 months x)
(i swear the electric whine of idling killerwatt when someone holds it grinds my gears :D)
​​​​​

Upvote 0
"Lighter"? That's concerning after the last Event.

As far as I can tell there aren't that many bugs, thankfully stuff like the Husk Cannon audio bug are a thing of the past.
I'd like to think at the very least we'll see a bunch of maps and a new unique Boss [i.e. not a small Zed supersized] but I am apprehensive, even moreso now - fingers crossed Tripwire will surprise me throughout 2019.

Upvote 0
Nah, you're just a fresh meat.
There are still bugs that are 3y old or newer that are low priority, but is still bugging us who found it and haven't seen a fix since.
Otherwise yeh, game is at the most part stable and "minimal" on bugs.

Also "lighter" isn't concerning at all, we got over a year of pumped content, but that quantity did damage quality a bit, so this year should be prioritized to "operation health", grease this badboy up so it would run smoothly for new wave of content.

And yeh i wish they would add more than 2 maps per season... but considering that they have to pick or create themselfs a quality map to meet their standards, and then tiddy the map up and compile the whole thing to meet the quality they want.... and the whole compile thing takes days/weeks.
So kinda no surprise why they are pumping 2 maps a season.... But hey! At least we have new maps to play..... Otherwise community made maps are still ran on custom servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess the PC and console builds are somewhat different.

For the record I've played the game pretty consistently since June 2017, I am a recent sign-up on here as I wanted to give some feedback etc

Back on point, I look forward to the 2019 updates but hope they are more substantial.

Upvote 0