• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Some Next-Gen Tank Work

Captain Obvious

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2007
USA
I posted these over at Military-Meshes, but I wanted to share with the RO forum some vehicles I've been working on in my spare time; all for UE3. I don't know what game TWI is cooking up next, but UE3 is one hell of an engine to be working with.

StuG III Ausf. B

stugIIIb_large01.jpg

stugIIIb_large05.jpg

PzKpfw II Ausf. C

pz2_7panzer.jpg

pz2_afrika.jpg

pz2_tex.jpg

Both vehicles are ~9,000 triangles, and use 1 2048x2048 Diffuse, Spec, Normal, for the body/turret, 1 512x256 for the tracks, and 1 1024x1024 for the stowage equipment, tools, and other deco.

I've recently begun work on a StuG III Ausf. G, and a Hotchkiss, 7.5cm auf Geschutzwagen 39(H), though I've been having considerable difficulty in finding reference for the latter.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Great work, not that less was expected ;)

Almost makes me want to mod again.
Did you consider attaching the flags or other textile stuff as well, textile material like the scarf on the players or the flags? Probably not worth the effort but would certainly look cool when it moves randomly when driving.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. :D

you're tanks are just too good for you to stay independent .

lol, I'm not independent... ;)

I would like to see the original hi poly models of CO's StuG, if thats OK with him.

There is no single hi-poly mesh for the StuG; it is converted from the model I made for Minionworkz's StuG B. I hi-poly modeled and baked it in sections; faster and more efficient method for me. Here is the low-poly with normal maps/wireframe

Btw, here is a hipoly SturmTiger I recently started up again. Heavy WIP/semi-Subdivided mesh; going to redo the Zimmerit in Mudbox.

SturmTiger_WIP_07x.jpg

Upvote 0