• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Solo doesn't increase your perk?

Spoony

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Norway
So I was playing KF the other day, trying to level up my sharpshooter (4) and I wanted to go solo with the clot mutator. After I got somewhere around 200 headshots I had about 4800/5500 and decided to take a break and disconnected. After taking the break I came back to see my sharpshooter requirements, it was at 4600/5500..Whaat? It did not change at all. So my question is: does mutator affect enable perk option?
PS: I did not have sandbox mode on.

are achievements also unobtainable with 1 spec type mutators? i presume they are...

Yes they are blocked.

Incidently OP, although I'm kinda against levelling perks on morale principle, if you want to level up quickly try this.

Download this mutator

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=37788

The mutator simulates having more players in the game than you acutally do, so you create more specimens per wave. Set it to a difficulty your comfortable with (Don't go too easy, otherwise you'll get sloppy) and play a regular game of solo.

Simply focus on getting headshots. Its surprising how many you'll get when its just you doing all the work, and it will also improve your sharpness for aiming while under pressure and also ammo efficiency. Plus you'll learn useful skills like how to headshots crawlers... little buggers ;)

Remember your headshot progress is saved even if you die, so you have nothing to lose.

Upvote 0
That's not much better than using a clot mutator, man. Beginner's wave 1 with hundreds of zombies is the same damn thing. It's not like the mut gives the specimens more life either, just increases the count.

yes, but the one he gave is whitelisted, and actually, if its the one I'm thinking of, it gives specimen like bloats, scrakes, and FPs health as if more players were there. That, and SS levels not by damage, but by Headshots, so it works especially well for SS leveling.

Upvote 0
yes, but the one he gave is whitelisted, and actually, if its the one I'm thinking of, it gives specimen like bloats, scrakes, and FPs health as if more players were there. That, and SS levels not by damage, but by Headshots, so it works especially well for SS leveling.

Fake players doesn't increase specimen health as health is based on the number of living players. I believe the max players mutator does properly simulate a full game but ofc, that is on the grey list.

Upvote 0
Yes they are blocked.

Incidently OP, although I'm kinda against levelling perks on morale principle, if you want to level up quickly try this.

i'm maxed out but i am still gutted be because i need dot of doom and that's pretty tough - i'm sure a lot of ppl did it easily on poundy or clot only before ppl got the spec-only de-whitelisted.

Come to think of it, does anyone know if it actually works?
I don't wanna bother repeatedly trying it if it's still broken.

Upvote 0
That's not much better than using a clot mutator, man. Beginner's wave 1 with hundreds of zombies is the same damn thing. It's not like the mut gives the specimens more life either, just increases the count.

Beginner solo in general is just as bad dude.

I tried to encourage playing the mutator as a tool to improve skill as well as improve levelling speed. This mutator used properly can seriously aid a player in learning disciplined corner checking, ammo conservation and target prioritisation.

Anyone who comes into these forums regularly should have learned by now that rushing your perk levels just turns you into a bad player because you never really learn how to play the game.

I have informed the community in the faith that this information for this particular community will be used responisbly.

Reactions: Spicy and _Duke_
Upvote 0

actually, it does have a use: to allow you to get satisfy your "rambo moments" without upsetting a team. Just go to sandbox details, up the zeds per wave and zeds at one time to the amount desired, and prepare to watch 50 zeds to synchronized backflips when you whip out your HS:cool:

Upvote 0
i'm maxed out but i am still gutted be because i need dot of doom and that's pretty tough - i'm sure a lot of ppl did it easily on poundy or clot only before ppl got the spec-only de-whitelisted.

Come to think of it, does anyone know if it actually works?
I don't wanna bother repeatedly trying it if it's still broken.
DoD works just fine. I got it in an online match without a problem.

Upvote 0

I tried to encourage playing the mutator as a tool to improve skill as well as improve levelling speed. This mutator used properly can seriously aid a player in learning disciplined corner checking, ammo conservation and target prioritisation.

Anyone who comes into these forums regularly should have learned by now that rushing your perk levels just turns you into a bad player because you never really learn how to play the game.

I have informed the community in the faith that this information for this particular community will be used responisbly.

Sorry man but I still think it shouldn't be whitelisted. Yeah, it's not DEVASTATING for perk leveling if it keeps its status, you can really only level sharpshooter in beginner due to low zed health - but there are people who exploit whenever they can. Look at Tripwire grey/blacklisting the default specimen mutators - they were easy to abuse. Clots for headshots/achievements, fleshpounds for demolitions, bloats for firebug, and so on.

I'm all for USING perks in it, though. After all, it is a pretty fun mutator.

Upvote 0