• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So how good is Killing Floor 2 right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gladius;n2290814 said:
And where is the „better balanced“ mechanic that replaced it in KF2? What we got is the EBR stunning the scrake with spamming headshots. That requires less skill than continously hitting a moving head hitbox that isn't even synchronous with the animation model. When you miss one shot withe the KF1 EBR flinchlock because your timing or aim is off, then the lock will break and you get a chainsaw to the face.
Enraged scrakes move around the same speed in both games as far as I can tell. - Same diff
In KF1 their head hitbox is buggy (or used to) - in KF2 they cover their face with their arms and constantly spin around. - Same diff
Miss one shot or break rythm and flinchlock breaks - miss one shot or fire too slowly and stun doesn't happen. - Same diff
Flinch lock lasts until you mag is empty - Stun lasts about 1.5 seconds. - KF2 more diff
Enraged scrakes are more dangerous in KF1 - There are more scrakes in KF2 and trash around them is more dangerous. - Same diff

Seems like you're wrong to me.

Gladius;n2290814 said:
No, combos got replaced by sheer DPS single player takedowns. And you might like KF1 combos or not, it doesn't change the fact that KF2 is falling short here and needs to get improved by utilizing the game engines full potential.
Uh...
And what about all those examples of combos you conveniently omited from my quote?

----------

q3.railgun;n2290817 said:
I just wanted to pick at this one point with one example when I tried a public game about a month ago. Door BSK one side, dual COM other side and a DEM firing random rockets everywhere. I just picked off problematic zeds for the BSK (Sirens, Husks) as a GS. W7, I get back to camp first double FP spawn with nothing else. Quickly kill one without damage taken, reload, rocket comes flying in with no nade for stun or any proper killing setup. I can't see anything, so I parry one hit only to have him fire again to re-rage, I parry a second hit, and he finally kills it.

The situation went from could have had 2 dead FP to I unnecessarily took 2 hits because of this guy. I told him that I would have had that under control and I took 2 unneeded hits. His response : "It's not your kill dude, it's a team game".

I'm pretty sure KF2 is the first coop game I've ever played where taking damage is better than not taking damage.

There's a difference between being an elitist and complaining about getting their kills stolen and keeping the team safe by cleanly getting a kill.

There's a lot of misinterpretation about what is teamplay, a certain user here was one of the best team effort players out there. He spent a lot of time coming up with team combos that KF1 players would balk at, but deep down even he understood that the priority of the game is getting through all the waves with less damage done to your team (keeping your life precious). If that meant letting that GS/BSK solo and you instead focus on making sure that said player is able to keep a 1v1 situtation then he did it. Not because it was "his kill" but because it was the best situation for the team.

Using teamplay as an excuse to dismiss KF1 combo players is a pretty low blow IMO. The essence of KF1 combo players brought the mentality of team SC decap with EMP first until they got good enough to just solo kill them, no circle strafe, no cheap AI glitches. Just flatout using the game to it's fullest potential at the current time (v100:cool:. And that's exactly it, the people that were KF1 combo players were the ones that understood how KF1 worked which translated into them understanding how KF2 worked. Freeze nade, flash bang, EMP and GS nade stun : All of these originated from a concept that was brought to us from those exact players that you hate on so much.

I don't really understand your point. Of course, people need to know their role in the team and cover eachother's back. So much is true for both games. But unlike KF1, in KF2 people who have this in mind can actually chime in on a takedown and contribute in a very meaningful way - depending on your perk combo even in such a way that the sum of both players is greater than just both their dps. In KF1 you neither had a chance to add up dps nor the perk synergies.
That's an improvement in my book.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Escadin;n2290820 said:
Enraged scrakes move around the same speed in both games as far as I can tell.
That's another prime example of how far your KF1 expertise goes. No perk in KF1 is able to outrun a raging scrake. Not even zerk with speed bonus without carrying any weight that further slows him down. That perfectly illustrates how much you know about the game you claim being so much inferior. Since you sneaked already several times under a different name in my games without even saying hello, I make you an offer. Reinstall KF1 and then show me how much easier the flinchlock is and how you outrun a raging scrake. Your claim that husks are easier to evade is still to be proven and would also make up for an quite interesting demonstration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Escadin;n2290820 said:
In KF1 their head hitbox is buggy (or used to) - in KF2 they cover their face with their arms and constantly spin around. - Same diff
It can't get more superficial comparing two different games. Also when it's done right the KF2 scrake will de dead before he rages. Comparing pre rage with after rage makes no sense at all.

Escadin;n2290820 said:
Miss one shot or break rythm and flinchlock breaks - miss one shot or fire too slowly and stun doesn't happen. - Same diff
Do you even KF2 sharps? Are you aware of how fast that KF2 EBR fires? Missing a shot is no issue because then the next shots will fill up the stun meter. You make no sense again here.

Escadin;n2290820 said:
Flinch lock lasts until you mag is empty - Stun lasts about 1.5 seconds. - KF2 more diff
logics more diff

Escadin;n2290820 said:
Enraged scrakes are more dangerous in KF1 - There are more scrakes in KF2 and trash around them is more dangerous. - Same diff
I dont even know what to say to that. KF2 is faster but zeds do laughable damage and you can even outrun raging scrakes. I would really love to see you playing KF1 without overpowered stuff.

Escadin;n2290820 said:
Seems like you're wrong to me.
Ok.

Escadin;n2290820 said:
Uh...
And what about all those examples of combos you conveniently omited from my quote?
„All those examples“ of team effort are simply no combos by definition. And that you see those perk synergies as a substitude for combos should clearly ring a bell for you, that we are not on the same page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh now I remember you. Are you really still pushing this act? How did it go for you?

Gladius;n2290821 said:
That's another prime example of how far your KF1 expertise goes. No perk in KF1 is able to outrun a raging scrake. Not even zerk with speed bonus without carrying any weight that further slows him down. That perfectly illustrates how much you know about the game you claim being so much inferior. Since you sneaked already several times under a different name in my games without even saying hello, I make you an offer. Reinstall KF1 and then show me how much easier the flinchlock is and how you outrun a raging scrake. Your claim that husks are easier to evade is still to be proven and would also make up for an quite interesting demonstration.

Rofl. Really? :D

Upvote 0
q3.railgun;n2290746 said:
I'll start this off by saying that I've played much more Kf2 than I have Kf1. This is because of the what seemed to be easier to play gameplay versus what I had experienced in KF1 (head hitboxes). So I invested time into it, looking at what were considered community crap tier (at every patch) and expanding on it. The end result, the stuff that people considered to be awful I found to be incredibly intriguing due to some data mining required to discover some tricks albeit tricky/impossible to use in realtime.

However as time went by, all those "tricks" had become more and more simplified and began to tread into the solidified method to % based may happen events. This pressured the game to go from do X -> trigger Affliction A -> do Y to kill to a more DPS the head or group spam to kill zeds.

In Kf1 (people feel free to correct me because I am a casual in Kf1 and even Kf2):

Casually/pub - You have people killing ZEDs with an even distribution with DEM on FP and SS on SC, on occasion you have people spamming SC/FP due to lack of game understanding.

Organized/Friend's game - You usually can have 1 person controlling most trash and large ZEDs being aggro'd by anyone who wants them. DEM still pipe's an area for messed up FP kills. M99/xBow most likely not used.

In Kf2:

Casually/Pub - You have anyone and everyone shooting whatever they feel like shooting. This is pretty common at 80% of matches.

Semi-Organized Pub - People understand what they should be firing at. FB/COM at trash, SS large zed, DEM FP, etc... 19% here.

Endgame/Friends-game - Mostly hitscan + non-spamming SUP. Unless they're fooling around you'll never see a FB/DEM in extremely high level plays, this is because the body health pool on zeds are much higher than head hp pool. Target prioritization exists at this level without looking like it because the decisions and the aiming are made at almost robotic levels. Solo/2 Man rifles or solo GS on large while others covers incoming trash, any mess ups or too high density is recovered via freeze/flash bang. SS is equipped with LAR+M14. 1% or less of groups here, not just because of the understanding required but also due to the aiming requirement.

The perks in Kf1 became strong not just due to the % increases but also because of the player's understanding of the game. I never knew M14/LAR Flinch locking on SC until Gladius/ggnowqq taught me and I had over 300 hours in KF1. Prior to that, I knew how to xBow/M99 a SC to kill. From there you kinda learn what trigger's a SC to start run/locking onto you, what a stun/flinch is, how to trigger it, how to break it (explosives) and you start to invest time into -> "Hey maybe this weapon combination from off perking will work to safely and/or quickly kill X zed".

This sort of player fulfillment is lost in Kf2 and that's what players are shying away from. To me this used to exist in the form of affliction on/off triggers. What is lost here is made up by pure aiming skill or just group DPS power. So if what kept your interest in KF1 was the concept of getting together with a group of people (random or not) and shooting away at ZEDs without a real need to learn any mechanics then I think Kf2 will still fulfill that need, if it was more of the idea of knowing what really ticks ZEDs off then I'd say you could make a pass.

Either way, a free weekend checkout would most likely give you your best answer.

your post perfectly sums up my experience in both games.

i have played KF1 for about 500hrs (mostly on normal/hard feeling good about myself). then i met gladius and his friends. after a few hrs spend on skell's testmap learning all the "basic combos" for the different perks, a whole new world opened up for my KF1 experience. after that i have never moved back and exclusively played HoE tripleing my hrs of that game,making alot of mates along the way.

KF2 doesnt have that same feel as it lacks the combos and doesnt have the good map design that KF1 offered. saying this, i do like KF2 also because i do like a casual but fun shooter. and KF2 offers that perfectly with better weapon feel on top of that.

iam not playing either game much atm but that is due to my love of arma3 :)

Upvote 0
Tussell;n2290813 said:
I think my last couple days as a forum member here have shown me that it's really not entirely contrary. I wouldn't have pictured so many people complaining about the core gameplay of KF2 on this forum a year after its release. There's a handful of KF1 'elitests' that seem to just hang around to tell everyone how much better KF1 is than KF2. I'm an elitist *** about things too, specifically music and retro games, so I understand. I do.

I would honestly go as far as saying that I 'loved' KF1. I'm a sucker for anything co-op and my friends and I always had an amazing time running KF1. That being said, were we like, amazing players? Of course not, we played casually. Could we tell you every single strategy that could be used to complete HoE maps? Of course not. But, we had a blast.

Now, every single one of us, have recently gotten back into KF2 and we've been playing it non-stop for almost two months now.

I'm sure it doesn't help that we all love video games, co-op, monsters, gore, horror, violence, guns, etc. Regardless of how 'deeply tactical' and 'strategy-based' the first one is to this 'dumbed down', 'stupid', 'casual' game known as Killing Floor 2, I've enjoyed both very much. Hell, half of you hardcore KF1 players would likely chew us out for the way we played KF1, at least, that's how some people are putting themselves out there.

People enjoy things for different reasons, and I can't say it enough that I've thoroughly enjoyed both games.

Signed,

The Casual P.O.S. Noob That I Am

First point - Since I replaced the persons name who said that (you I take it) with "null", I would have expected posters to pick up that I wasnt necessarily singling out anybody in particular when I used that quote. So if you feel I was referring to you, you can be assured that I wasnt and you dont have to defend your point. I only used it bc it summed up the general opinion for that particular pov. I.e. that KF2 == KF1 for alot of ppl.

Second point - (Just to reiterate) I pointed out with further evidence based on my particular experience that alot of KF1 players and I mean an overwhelming number of ppl from my steam player list do not and v. likely will not play KF2 to the same degree as KF1. Nothing wrong with that or with KF2 for that matter. They are different games and some KF1ers will play KF2, while many many others wont. Furthermore of the dozens of ppl Ive added or have added me when playing KF2 only the same pattern emerges. The overwhelming number do not play KF2 on a regular basis except for a handful of ppl who play enough probably to get the free daily crate, if theyre not catching up on new achievements.

So I go back to my original point..... saying that "If you loved KF1 then KF2 will definitely be a solid investment for you." is not what Ive found to be in my particular experience, true. Given that before I had KF1 I probably had 10 ppl on my steam list. At the end I probably had 150+. And more that I removed when they stopped playing the game.

No need for you to feel aggrieved but the pov of one poster here isnt going to change that Im afraid. No matter how vocal they are. That said I am aware and accept that this isnt the case for 'everyone.' Even if 'they' will be in the minority as far as Im concerned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2290871 said:
First point - Since I replaced the persons name who said that (you I take it) with "null", I would have expected posters to pick up that I wasnt necessarily singling out anybody in particular when I used that quote. So if you feel I was referring to you, you can be assured that I wasnt and you dont have to defend your point. I only used it bc it summed up the general opinion for that particular pov. I.e. that KF2 == KF1 for alot of ppl.

Second point - (Just to reiterate) I pointed out with further evidence based on my particular experience that alot of KF1 players and I mean an overwhelming number of ppl from my steam player list do not and v. likely will not play KF2 to the same degree as KF1. Nothing wrong with that or with KF2 for that matter. They are different games and some KF1ers will play KF2, while many many others wont. Furthermore of the dozens of ppl Ive added or have added me when playing KF2 only the same pattern emerges. The overwhelming number do not play KF2 on a regular basis except for a handful of ppl who play enough probably to get the free daily crate, if theyre not catching up on new achievements.

So I go back to my original point..... saying that "If you loved KF1 then KF2 will definitely be a solid investment for you." is not what Ive found to be in my particular experience, true. Given that before I had KF1 I probably had 10 ppl on my steam list. At the end I probably had 150+. And more that I removed when they stopped playing the game.

No need for you to feel aggrieved but the pov of one poster here isnt going to change that Im afraid. No matter how vocal they are. That said I am aware and accept that this isnt the case for 'everyone.' Even if 'they' will be in the minority as far as Im concerned.
Oh, I don't feel as though you've been singling me out at all. I also don't know how I've acted in any ways aggrieved at any point in this thread, lol. If you're referring to my sign-off on my previous post, I was just being an ***, lol. I by no means feel attacked or upset.

All I've been trying to say all along is that this user is obviously a casual. He posted that right away in the original post. I'm a casual KF1/KF2 player myself, though I'd say less-so than the OP. However, this thread has been completely derailed by non-casual KF1 players blurting out how horrible KF2 is compared to KF1, and using very 'non-casual' points. I mean, the OP literally said he never even played the hard difficulties and that one of the selling points for the game was the music... I'm not too sure he's worried about spawn locations, tactical movement, "deep culture" of character combo's, exploits, etc. I understand that when you hold something so dearly to your heart, seeing it change isn't always that fun, but c'mon.

It's been a while since I've seen such a heavy back and forth like this on a forum. This thread has literally been running in circles for five pages!

I just think it's odd...

I also think it's funny that the OP hasn't said anything since he started this thread... Are you alive OP?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tussell;n2290881 said:
this thread has been completely derailed by non-casual KF1 players blurting out how horrible KF2 is compared to KF1
You are misreading something here. Some people pointed out why KF2 is just a completely different game. And even in the post of Vealk that triggered you, he clearly said in the end that playing the game at a free weekend to get an impression of the differences is advisable.

And about your "just some elitists" comment: I think I'm very fair in my criticism and I'm not only complaining but I try to provide constructive feedback. I'm not saying KF2 is a bad game. I'm saying it's not as good as it SHOULD be as a true successor to KF1 and it's not as good as it COULD be. And this needs to change.

Upvote 0
Tussell;n2290881 said:
It's been a while since I've seen such a heavy back and forth like this on a forum. This thread has literally been running in circles for five pages!

I just think it's odd...

I also think it's funny that the OP hasn't said anything since he started this thread... Are you alive OP?

Yes this very specific topic has a history of leaving the road of reason. KF2 and KF1 are different games. I think that should be clear for anyone to see. However, for many harcore KF1 fans there is this creed that different means worse nomatter what. It's ultimately a matter of taste and personal opinion but somehow they always try to drag into onto a floor of facts.

The problem is I have never seen somebody like that actually give credit to both games. When there is a discussion about KF1 had X but now KF2 has Y the gathering of evicedence always ends at KF1 has X and KF2 has nothing. People who do enjoy KF2 then begin to point out that Y exists the whole circle jerk of whether we can accept this evidence in the discussion or not entails because - of course- if it was accepted we would be back to a discussion of personal preferences.

And the king of it all is Gladius. He just considers any opposition so utterly ridiculous that he never even bothers to understand what people are telling him. Consequently, his only role in this discussion is to out-do his previous excesses of ad hominem fallacies. Case in point:

Gladius;n2290821 said:
I don't even know if we're in the same time zone but sure I have sneaked into his games so my point is invalid.
He's been doing this for so long that I can already tell enlightening him about the fact there are 2 movement speeds here (scrake and player) and I only considered the first one when I talked about the difficulties of target leading only results in him fabricating the next BS accusation aimed at my credibility.

Considering that he has been doing that for like 6 months now I think it's safe to say only the most bitter KF1 fans are left in this discussion. Why would they stay, after all? Either they're right then they move on or they're wrong which means they can adapt. The discussion is so old I'm surprised it's even still going on. Hence it's quality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gladius;n2290883 said:
You are misreading something here. Some people pointed out why KF2 is just a completely different game.
some
Obviously it's a different game, I mean, that's why he made this thread to begin with right?

Gladius;n2290883 said:
And even in the post of Vealk that triggered you, he clearly said in the end that playing the game at a free weekend to get an impression of the differences is advisable.
And? I feel like you'd be an idiot to not try something for free... I think that just goes without saying... Unfortunately, though, everyone was too busy freaking out that the answers didn't really start coming in until after the free weekend. Also, it takes quite a lot to trigger me, and ending a post with 'No disrespect', I think, signifies I was just having a normal conversation. I've recently come across a lot of downtime at work, and this is one of the few gaming-related websites that isn't blocked, so I just have a lot of time on my hands currently. Did I seem triggered? iSry.

Gladius;n2290883 said:
And about your "just some elitists" comment: I think I'm very fair in my criticism and I'm not only complaining but I try to provide constructive feedback. I'm not saying KF2 is a bad game. I'm saying it's not as good as it SHOULD be as a true successor to KF1 and it's not as good as it COULD be. And this needs to change.
I'm not saying anyone is being unfair in their criticisms... This, however, goes back to my point of people just throwing around opinions as fact. That's you who thinks it's not as good as it 'should' be, that's you that thinks it's not as good as it 'could' be. Does this need to change? Or does it need to change for the handful of people that are upset and trolling around a year later on the forums, and not for the 2,000+ that have played KF2 this month? I think you need to just accept that it's a different game and either stop playing it or stop complaining about it.

I think you're missing something here, half of the points made don't even apply to the OP. I may just have to throw the towel in on this thread, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tussell;n2290885 said:
I'm not saying anyone is being unfair in their criticisms... This, however, goes back to my point of people just throwing around opinions as fact. That's you who thinks it's not as good as it 'should' be, that's you that thinks it's not as good as it 'could' be. Does this need to change? Or does it need to change for the handful of people that are upset and trolling around a year later on the forums, and not the 2,000+ that have played KF2 this month? I think you need to just accept that it's a different game and either stop playing it or stop complaining about it.
I pointed out what the differences are and where KF2 is drifting away from what KF1 offers and how that is alienating fans of KF1. And I'm afraid this is a little bit more than a personal opinion of myself because most of my KF1 friends simply despise KF2. But I see how much unused potential the KF2 engine still has and since the game is still being improved I provide feedback about what some players would like to see in terms of new content. So your advice that I should just accept it's a different game and stop „complaining“ is a bad idea. Although that is what pretty much most of my friends did. They gave up on KF2.

Yesterday I watched the stream of the devs playing. They were constantly running around. Just raging scrakes and then group spamming them while running away. So this is the fast paced, dynamic action gameplay they had in mind when designing the game.

So what about players that don't like racing games and want to hold a position? For them it gets boring relatively quick because when the team is working together military style, the game gets boring relatively soon. Because there isn't much more to do then popping heads. What those players usually end up doing is to play the „controlled difficulty“ mutator to crank up the number of zeds and make the spawn intervals faster. But besides that there is simply not much to do in terms of game mechanics. And KF1 has cool combos that offer long time motivation. KF2 has a way better engine with all those different hitzones and afflictions, incaps, resistances etc... But this isn't used to it's full extent. In fact it's very unimaginative and boring what the game designers made out of it so far. This needs to change. Bring back some depth and interesting game mechanics that offer creative gameplay.

Upvote 0
Gladius;n2290889 said:
And I'm afraid this is a little bit more than a personal opinion of myself because most of my KF1 friends simply despise KF2.
I'm afraid that doesn't really mean anything other than other people share the same opinion. Literally every single one of my friends that I played KF1 with, have currently been playing a lot of KF2 with me. So does that mean KF2 is better because my friends like it?

Gladius;n2290889 said:
Yesterday I watched the stream of the devs playing. They were constantly running around. Just raging scrakes and then group spamming them while running away. So this is the fast paced, dynamic action gameplay they had in mind when designing the game.
Soooo.... What's left to say? They didn't make the game you were hoping for... I guess move on? There's a lot of games that disappointed me... I didn't sit on their forums all day and argue back and forth with strangers, telling everyone about the glory days.

Gladius;n2290889 said:
So what about players that don't like racing games and want to hold a position?
I assume people that don't like certain things, shouldn't partake in said things. I assume if you don't like Killing Floor 2's mechanics, you probably shouldn't play Killing Floor 2. Furthermore, how ridiculous does it sound to ***** and moan, asking people to change a game for your enjoyment? I'm just picturing a child smashing his foot on the ground with his hands clenched, face red, and screaming because mom didn't get him that sick helicopter toy at the department store. Clearly, as you stated, they're creating the game they had in mind. What more do you want? I'm literally sitting here and I can hear my brain fizzing and crackling. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, hahaha.

Gladius;n2290889 said:
In fact it's very unimaginative and boring what the game designers made out of it so far. This needs to change. Bring back some depth and interesting game mechanics that offer creative gameplay.
I don't know man, that sounds like one of those opinions again... I can keep telling you that many people are enjoying what they're seeing/playing. It seems to be quite the minority that don't. Then again, I've only heard a handful of people vocalize their distaste. I guess the other ones took the high road and just stopped caring. Hey, that's okay though, small groups can make a huge impact.

I apologize for the amateur MSPaint job, but I couldn't help myself.
e7awsm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
Gladius;n2290895 said:
I would wear that hat. The rest of your post is just an disrespectful attempt to make my feedback and proposals for improvement ludicrous. Either you are really challenged to understand what I'm talking about or you simply try to provoke me to stop writing things you don't want to read.
It's a pretty sick hat, I must say.

I don't know about other threads, but I feel as though in this thread, there was less elaborate improvement proposal than there was "well this just isn't the same, and I felt as though it was way more creative and fun in KF1!"

I completely understand what you're talking about, though whether I agree is entirely different... I don't know what I said to make you question whether I do or don't understand. Care to elaborate?

Do you not understand that maybe this game just isn't for you, things change, game series devolve/evolve, and that maybe, just maybe, you won't like everything you come in contact with? I can't tell you how disappointed I've been with almost every release in the last two years. You've got to just move on and accept it. I'll tell you, being a huge Rainbow Six fan my entire life, playing as far back as Raven Shield and Athena Sword, and competitively during Rainbow Six: Vegas, picking up Rainbow Six: Siege made me kind of want to tear my eyes out. Enjoyable? To an extent, especially with friends. Rainbow Six? Not at all. I feel as though this is a very similar comparison. However, all I did was stop launching the game and play other things.

In fact, Killing Floor 2 is one of the few games I've really enjoyed, mainly because, since moving to Colorado with my fiancé, I obviously don't see all my friends from back in Chicago. It's a lot of fun for me, as I get to play an awesome game and socialize with all my friends from back home. That, obviously, has nothing to do with the mechanics of the game itself, but lord have I enjoyed KF2. This does not mean that everyone should, but it also doesn't mean the game should be changed to appease the vocal minority.

I feel as though there's this weird disconnect between us at the moment. You don't seem to understand that things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst. I don't seem to understand why you're so persistent.

I've been in this boat many times. As stated before, when Siege came out, I was terribly disappointed. However, this infinite regress of bull**** in this thread isn't doing anything. It's not making this game any closer to your liking, from the sounds of it. As someone had stated, you've been doing this for six months, and I'm sure others have been to, by the looks of this thread. That's like, half the time the game has been out... Clearly it's not changing.

I truly mean no disrespect. I'm not here to tear people down or anything, make them feel as though they deserve any less respect, or hurt anyone's feelings... It's just truly mindboggling to me what's taking place in this thread right now, haha. I also hope you know, that I'm not trying to pick on you specifically, it's just the entire mentality that is shared between a handful of people that blows my mind. I, in no way, have any issue with you in particular, your opinions specifically, etc. Maybe I've been out of the social media and forum game for too long, but being an ex-forum junkie and spending hours, days, months, years on forums, this is one of the most ridiculous threads I've seen in a long time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a 6/10 game. Inferior to the first Killing Floor by far. The perk system is also terribly balanced, the devs either lack the ability or the will to give every perk a balanced perk choice loadout that has actual opportunity cost to your choices rather than a single best loadout. For nearly every class there's a single best loadout. Out of the 5 choice tiers you have, maybe one of them is debatable, but the other 4 are must haves. Unskilled players who play on normal or hard will try and dispute this but their opinions can be discarded since they're playing on babby modes where anything you do feels overpowered because the zeds are all weak.

Also they've given Scrakes and Fleshpounds homing attacks that are guaranteed to hit you outside of a few exceptions such as support using alt fire of the hunting shotgun. This is just lazy and uninspiring design. They could have been more creative with these zeds but instead they're just giant health pools that run at you and hit you with homing attacks. What should have been fun encounters where you maneuver to avoid attacks while maintaining fire on target or clearing lesser zeds to gain breathing room turns in to spike the scrake/FP with as much damage as you can to finish it off before it can engage in homing attacks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tussell;n2290903 said:
This does not mean that everyone should, but it also doesn't mean the game should be changed to appease the vocal minority.
i read you,gladius isnt the vocal minority though. i have alot of KF1 friends who would gladly play the game if it had more depth to it. he is,however,the vocal minority to care enough about the game to state his opinions here on the forum.

just to make sure, i love KF2 as it is..however i also see that it isnt the best it can be. improving some of the core mechanics would attract alot of the older KF1 folks back.

and to finally answer the OP. i would absolutely recommend the game especially for the low price even off sale.there is hours of fun to be had here. i wont go over the pro's and con's as it has been done numerous times in this thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.