• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So about the Deluxe pre-orders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compensation? Not likely.

Tripwire has failed to deliver on quite a few things now...

-August 30th Release Date
-"Have faith in us for release!" Claims during beta (release was no better)
-Deluxe Pre-order Weapons on Day 1
-SDK on Day 1

What are they gonna do? They're likely to keep quiet, take a break, and slowly but surely help make up for those issues.
There will probably be no "compensation," just a bit of a wait until some of us can actually run the game on good hardware, others can actually use the server browser, and the rest can actually use their DDE weapons.

Reactions: daschewy
Upvote 0
It all falls to TWI. There were multiple items bundled together for the DDE people, unfortunately, I would take a guess that most DDE purchasers did not pick it up for the hats. I threw up a poll a bit ago about what should be done about it. Shoddy business practices? Probably, but TWI operates differently than most gaming companies, so it is hard to figure them out.

Upvote 0
Right, so some in-game perks (that aren't working for ANYBODY, mind you) aren't working.

You still got TF2 hats, KF characters, and 2 weeks of beta.

Yet you want a FULL REFUND of your INCREDIBLE INVESTMENT of EIGHT DOLLARS because the stat system that is BROKEN FOR EVERYONE isn't giving you the last little perks?

Sure, real reasonable.

Upvote 0
Right, so some in-game perks (that aren't working for ANYBODY, mind you) aren't working.

You still got TF2 hats, KF characters, and 2 weeks of beta.

Yet you want a FULL REFUND of your INCREDIBLE INVESTMENT of EIGHT DOLLARS because the stat system that is BROKEN FOR EVERYONE isn't giving you the last little perks?

Sure, real reasonable.

I think the problem is the people who got the DDE got it to use the weapons early. Yes, all of the DDE perks are fairly equal in value, but I would equate it to getting a new car that soon develops major problems. When you bring it back to the dealership, the only response you get is "BUT THE CUPHOLDERS WORK!" People were looking forward to those perks more than the hats, so I believe they are warranted to complain about them a bit. I know I'm not rushing for a refund, I take this as a lesson learned, and now know to avoid any TWI offer that involves payment for something extra.

Upvote 0
Dropped the ball? You got access to the beta, KF stuff, free unlocks in TF2 and early unlocks in RO2 all for LESS than the cost of most other non-DDE games in this day and age.

And in case you're complaining about the lack of immediate unlocks for RO2, then keep in mind it's been less than a day and a quick search will inform you that they know about it and a fix is coming asap.

Dropped the ball... wow...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.