• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sharpshooter Loadout?

If it's a longer map and we are camping, i go mk23 handcannon and xbow.
If we are kiting or camping in a smaller map with more close quarters, depending on how i feel i either go m14ebr+ LAR/SPL Musket, or LAR + Musket+ mk23. The sharpshooter class is pretty straightforward, just remain calm and breathe, aim, and take your headshots until its just second nature and you learn the center of your screen for effective hip fire.

Note on the M14ebr, if you can master this gun, nothing is stopping you. The gun has a large learning curve for some, it took me about 4 days of practice in a test map to get down the 10 headshots for fp, and it was just these past 4 days in fact. Im still working on it, but sometimes it takes 11-12 , as many as 15. However the spacing i used gives me the comfort of getting the few extra shots i need before it hits me. But after a while, you can kill it before it even finishes its rage animation while in melee range. I use the 1-3-6 rhytmn, and there are other combos u can use and their loads of youtube videos on how to use it. The m14 is a gun that really feels rewarding when u do it right, and it has the ammo and power to get you through the wave. I think Tripwire should use it an example for when they nerf weapons, as the m14 went from ez mode to only OP once u learn it. The Spl Musket is great , but it is a bit overpowered. It's an upgrade to the LAR and is more expensive , so i don't mind that it takes one less shot for it to kill fleshpounds and is a bit easier to use, but i don't like that it mini flinches scrakes on bodyshots or one shots stalkers on bodyshots(yea i get that stalkers are trash, but more often than not they distract you from getting crucial headshots on other specimens and being able to get a bodyshot kill on it makes the spl musket alot more forgiving), the point of the sharpshooter class is to reward headshots and nothing else. They should just reduce the base damage a bit and make up for it in the headshot multipler so it still only takes 5 head shots to kill fp, and then its fine. But otherwise, its pretty fun to use and to be tbh it can stay the way it its, its nothing like the m99 xbow and m14 pre nerf.

Upvote 0