• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sharpshooter Loadout?

There is no defensible position that can be taken for being elitist. Sorry.
You've played lots of hours, congrats. So have I. The difference I guess comes down to me not thinking less of someone because they use a specific weapon. Everyone plays to have fun, how they have fun is up to them. The only scrubs are those players who elevate themselves above others.

As I said, elitist crap is something that the community can do without.

The reason for the elitist crap is because the Xbow is not fun. It tkaes the fun away from others. I don't even want to remember the amount of times I have seen someone go up to a Scrake to try a new combo in game (or just something out of the ordinary) only to have a Xbow baddie shoot the Scrake from across the map. Almost as bad as Zerks who only know how to take Scrakes from behind.

Just remember man, there is always a reason for the elitist attitude. Sooner or later you will adopt it as well over a certain weapon, or a collection of weapons. Were you playing when the M99 was added? Because if you were, you will know exactly what that elitist feeling is.

I miss the old balanced Xbow...

Upvote 0
The reason for the elitist crap is because the Xbow is not fun. It tkaes the fun away from others. I don't even want to remember the amount of times I have seen someone go up to a Scrake to try a new combo in game (or just something out of the ordinary) only to have a Xbow baddie shoot the Scrake from across the map. Almost as bad as Zerks who only know how to take Scrakes from behind.

Just remember man, there is always a reason for the elitist attitude. Sooner or later you will adopt it as well over a certain weapon, or a collection of weapons. Were you playing when the M99 was added? Because if you were, you will know exactly what that elitist feeling is.

I miss the old balanced Xbow...

No, there is never a reason for an elitist attitude.
Yes, I played when the AMR was introduced.
If you want to qualify your fun by using a "pro" combo, then you are furthering the elitist attitude. It's a co-op game. The point is surviving the wave as a team, not by trying to show off. If the pro combo is the only way to have fun, then play solo.
If you have an issue with the sharpie shooting a scrake with the xbow from afar, then you also have to take issue with every player ever that uses ranged weapons when a zerk is trying to play, and shooting the zeds before the zerk can engage. You have to take issue with the demo that lays pipe bombs. You have to take issue with just about every other player in the game because they might (or will) target something you wanted to target.

There is NO excuse for being elitist.

Upvote 0
If you want to qualify your fun by using a "pro" combo, then you are furthering the elitist attitude. It's a co-op game. The point is surviving the wave as a team, not by trying to show off.
After two or three thousand of game hours your priorities and the definition of fun may change a bit, trust me :)

If the pro combo is the only way to have fun, then play solo.
If surviving is the only way to have fun, then play on normal? This kind of rhetoric is not the best one, as you see.

If you have an issue with the sharpie shooting a scrake with the xbow from afar, then you also have to take issue with every player ever that uses ranged weapons when a zerk is trying to play, and shooting the zeds before the zerk can engage.
You're telling me that you were never in your life annoyed by players who hogged kills, finished off zeds you decapped, or people killing stalkers when you were trying to level commando? Scrakes are to be shared, like everything in this game.

You have to take issue with the demo that lays pipe bombs. You have to take issue with just about every other player in the game because they might (or will) target something you wanted to target.
The problem with pipeboms is not that they kill something people wanted to kill themselves. The problem is that they often result in raged scrakes and fleshpounds that kill people who were not the ones who planted them.

There's also no excuse for spoiling fun for other people on the server - and that's what ignorant xbow sharpies, careless demos, selfish zerks and derpy firebugs are frequently doing.

Upvote 0
M14 is the third most effective Sharpshooter weapon that is debatable compared to the Level Action Rifle. First is the 9mm pistol (don't care what anyone says, this is the most effective from level 0 onwards), second is the Crossbow (don't care how newbie you think it is, it does what it does - even though I disagree with the reload bonus and it should be removed. I've done this and it's really balanced on how to kill things now) and thirdly is the M14/LAR like I said.

It's always wonderful to see Flux exposing very objective opinions that absolutely don't make it sound like he has the final word on everything he touches. *cough*

The 9mm is a powerful and potent weapon, but saying "don't care what anyone says" kind of makes you look like a bigoted individual with very questionable experience. That's completely shoving aside the Handcanon's considerable punch or the MK's great versatility. Hell, most people even roll an MK offperk as often as they can. That oughta be somewhat similar to "level 0 sharp and onwards", don't you think?

I think that what you mean here is that there is no excuse for having fun in a way that disturbs your convictions on how people should play a video game.

Someone asking for elitists' tolerance towards people that use weapons they consider too easy to be played should show the same kind of tolerance towards the opinion they have of these playstyles. I thought you made clear that opinions were just opinions, that everyone played their way, and if thinking that the M14 is a superior weapon is intolerant of people using the crossbow, showing intolerance to intolerant people doesn't make you better than them.

Share that fun, listen to the nice Vealck man.

Upvote 0
It's always wonderful to see Flux exposing very objective opinions that absolutely don't make it sound like he has the final word on everything he touches. *cough*

The 9mm is a powerful and potent weapon, but saying "don't care what anyone says" kind of makes you look like a bigoted individual with very questionable experience. That's completely shoving aside the Handcanon's considerable punch or the MK's great versatility. Hell, most people even roll an MK offperk as often as they can. That oughta be somewhat similar to "level 0 sharp and onwards", don't you think?

What do you mean?

How does me saying I don't care what others thing? Too many people underestimate weapons and with what you said about the MK, you should know this. As a Sharpshooter, the 9mm is all you need. The HC/MK are amazing but not must haves. Maybe even consider as a bonus as it's not needed but it's nice to have. Off-perk, MK is probably the most reliable one due to it's balance of damage, ammo and recoil. This is why the HC isn't used as often. Level 0 Sharpshooter gives 5% damage increase with the addition reloads etc. This is enough to take on the headshots of the zeds without extra shots (I believe, maybe not so much HoE).

Upvote 0
Pistols are so OP for trash and the HC can two shot husks and sirens which if you get used to the recoil can be done very fast. Pistols with their penetration are too effective IMO which is I generally shy away from them. Plus with pistols you can be a sharp body shot hero. If you have agro and can aim, you can easy kill just about anything other than FP/SCs in a flash with pistols.

You don't HAVE to have them, but if you're a sharp and have room they're really really nice.

That being said, I mainly EBR/LAR sharp cause that and mando are the most fun to play.

Upvote 0
Pistols are so OP for trash and the HC can two shot husks and sirens which if you get used to the recoil can be done very fast. Pistols with their penetration are too effective IMO which is I generally shy away from them. Plus with pistols you can be a sharp body shot hero. If you have agro and can aim, you can easy kill just about anything other than FP/SCs in a flash with pistols.

You don't HAVE to have them, but if you're a sharp and have room they're really really nice.

That being said, I mainly EBR/LAR sharp cause that and mando are the most fun to play.

100% agree in the whole post.

Upvote 0
Too many people underestimate weapons

That isn't enough of a reason to consider the 9mm as the BEST sharpshooter weapon, since you were talking in terms of efficiency. It is by far one of my favourites right next to the M14 and LAR, but it's nontheless much less efficient than other options available.

As a Sharpshooter, the 9mm is all you need. The HC/MK are amazing but not must haves.

Mhm, easy to call your spawning weapon that you cannot sell or drop a must-have. You don't look silly making such a statement, FluX, not at all.

Off-perk, MK is probably the most reliable one due to it's balance of damage, ammo and recoil. This is why the HC isn't used as often.

This is something I thought was too obvious to mention hence why I just implied it. But you look very smart making it look like I'm wrong when it's exactly what I meant, continue.

Level 0 Sharpshooter gives 5% damage increase with the addition reloads etc. This is enough to take on the headshots of the zeds without extra shots (I believe, maybe not so much HoE).

Well there I have to agree, on Beginner, Normal and Hard, even offperk the 9mm is a great weapon. Wouldn't know about suicidal, I don't play that much. But having an alternate account to play low level sharpshooter on Hell on Earth and knowing some people in similar cases, I can safely affirm that the 9mm isn't a godsend from level 0 onwards. Even at level 3, it is far from easy to use efficiently.

Now remember, I like the 9mm, I really do, so I'm not saying all this out of spite. You can put this on top of your favourite sharpshooter guns, nobody can contest that, some will even agree. You can also put this in a list of bare essentials, you'd be right to. But who in their right mind would think of this as the most efficient sharpshooter weapon?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That isn't enough of a reason to consider the 9mm as the BEST sharpshooter weapon, since you were talking in terms of efficiency. It is by far one of my favourites right next to the M14 and LAR, but it's nontheless much less efficient than other options available.

Mhm, easy to call your spawning weapon that you cannot sell or drop a must-have. You don't look silly making such a statement, FluX, not at all.

This is something I thought was too obvious to mention hence why I just implied it. But you look very smart making it look like I'm wrong when it's exactly what I meant, continue.

Well there I have to agree, on Beginner, Normal and Hard, even offperk the 9mm is a great weapon. Wouldn't know about suicidal, I don't play that much. But having an alternate account to play low level sharpshooter on Hell on Earth and knowing some people in similar cases, I can safely affirm that the 9mm isn't a godsend from level 0 onwards. Even at level 3, it is far from easy to use efficiently.

Now remember, I like the 9mm, I really do, so I'm not saying all this out of spite. You can put this on top of your favourite sharpshooter guns, nobody can contest that, some will even agree. You can also put this in a list of bare essentials, you'd be right to. But who in their right mind would think of this as the most efficient sharpshooter weapon?

Personally, you need to tone down your attitude a bit as the first two posts sound like a dig and in this reply was starting bad, then become neutral. ;)

When I say the most efficient, it is still a two shot, VERY accurate with mediocre damaged weapon that ALL loadouts have. Now before we get into the rest, I have my custom server allow this to be sellable to help change up and add more loadouts to the perks and it's a very effective change (same with the knife). Now the way I see it is, can you compare the 9mm for the cost and output (what you get in return) be as effective as any other weapon? MK/HC are used for specific cases (just a slightly more damaged 9mm with more side effects - recoil, ammo, etc). Personally, the 9mm wins in terms of it's weight, costs (it costs

Upvote 0
I don't know what's going on for real, just dropped in to say this. In a HoE game and when holding a hotspot in any map, 9mm is like taunting your teammates' effort; asking them to kill stuff for you while you try to aim a peashooter from 99 meters away.
Because in the end, you can be dead accurate with pistols but a well placed Crawler or multiple Crawlers would ruin your day with 9mm. Same thing goes with Gorefasts if you don't have space to evade them as well.

Pistols simply helps you save ammo while not giving away efficiency. I wouldn't call efficiency as a "side effect with more recoil and damage". I don't get what's the idea here.You can make at the end of wave10 with any loadout without switching to 9mm unless you're kiting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know what's going on for real, just dropped in to say this. In a HoE game and when holding a hotspot in any map, 9mm is like taunting your teammates' effort; asking them to kill stuff for you while you try to aim a peashooter from 99 meters away.
Because in the end, you can be dead accurate with pistols but a well placed Crawler or multiple Crawlers would ruin your day with 9mm. Same thing goes with Gorefasts if you don't have space to evade them as well.

Pistols simply helps you save ammo while not giving away efficiency. I wouldn't call efficiency as a "side effect with more recoil and damage". I don't get what's the idea here.You can make at the end of wave10 with any loadout without switching to 9mm unless you're kiting.

I personally can use the 9mm with such aim that I can do two shots to the head (crawler, stalker or anything) with far range. I even can do it without scoping. I guess it's a personal thing when it comes to distance with the 9mm itself to take advantage of the accuracy.

Upvote 0
it's a little hard to explain to someone who doesn't really play suicidal and HoE

Oh, I only said I don't play suicidal, because in suicidal the 9mm is waaaaaay overpowered. Haven't played anything else than HoE for a while.

As of the rest, you base your argumentation on how YOUR server functions. I'm certain you find it very balanced and all, but you'll find most people play without its settings, hence I'm saying your point of view is wrong: you're trying to generalize a setup existing only on a handful of servers.

When I say the most efficient, it is still a two shot, VERY accurate with mediocre damaged weapon that ALL loadouts have.

Every weapon in KF always shoots at the precise middle of your screen save the shotguns, and again, using the argument of "ALL the loadouts have it" completely tosses aside the fact that in a normal situation, YOU CANNOT GET RID OF IT.

Now before we get into the rest, I have my custom server allow this to be sellable to help change up and add more loadouts to the perks and it's a very effective change (same with the knife).

And I'm certain that allowing loadouts like LAR + Crossbow to exist is a very balanced idea, but go on.

Now the way I see it is, can you compare the 9mm for the cost and output (what you get in return) be as effective as any other weapon?

You'll have to excuse me for dismissing any further description of your server's custom settings, since I have already proved them to be irrelevant.

MK/HC are used for specific cases (just a slightly more damaged 9mm with more side effects - recoil, ammo, etc).

I must concede that the HC has too high a recoil to be used as effectively as the MK offperk and not enough ammo to be used as a main weapon onperk (even though I prefer using this over the MK, simple matter of preference), but the MK's ammo pool is the widest of all the pistols, THE ONE YOU BLOODY SPAWN WITH PUT ASIDE, and its recoil is perfectly neglectible. That's why so many people on servers that aren't yours use it as a sidearm even offperk.

I agree, the LAR and M14 are my favourite weapons for the Sharpshooter but in terms of efficiency, I believe the 9mm wins hands down out of all weapons.

Why? I hoped you would explain a little more in-depth here why you think so, because all the reasons listed above were very unsatisfying. It has lots of ammo, and that's about it. Takes half a godforsaken mag to kill a 6man HoE gorefast, 9 bullets to decap a Husk or a Siren in the same settings where it takes 3 MK, 2 HC or M14 and one LAR/crossbow(ew)/M99ifyoulikethatsortofthings to kill them and offperk, takes two headshots to decap trash zeds. Not even kill, just remove the head. You cannot use the 9mm as your main weapon to kill everything, it isn't versatile enough. Anything above a clot is too long to kill to risk it.

I believe I have made my point clear enough, as why I think that other pistols are way more efficient than the 9mm on HoE. Now if you would be so kind as to clarify the reasons why you think that on a setting everyone plays or played, it is the best sharpshooter weapon, I'll be very grateful.

Another example of efficiency, I would say that all medic weapons (since it's perkless overall) are a lot more efficient then the Bullpup (that is a level 6 commando with all bonuses added to it). Does this help what I am trying to say about the 9mm?

If you were trying to repurpose the 9mm, it would make sense. Only medguns that do more damage than the perked bullpup are the schneidzekk (by 1 damage) and the M7A3, and no medgun has a wider ammo pool than the bullpup. But besides the point, the reason medguns deal so little damage is because they are meant to HEAL, not actually kill stuff. Medic holding down mouse 1, breaks hitboxes, rages big zeds, uncancels sirens: bad. Medic keeping their team at full health, helps the teammates not to have to worry about their health so much: good. So comparing a medgun's combat abilities is not only irrelevant but rather stupid and selfish, in my opinion.

The bullpup is meant to be a discount option to keep trash zeds away, compensating for the weak damage by having the widest ammo pool in the commando rifles; the medguns are weapons for a player behind the frontlines keeping their teammates alive. They are not comparable in terms of efficiency.

No, it doesn't exactly help with the point you're trying to make about the 9mm on your custom server.

because the weapons really make a difference and so do the perks on how effective the weapons are.

Oh, so we're not talking offperk 9mm here, thank god.

Yes this is my opinion and I said that before but I have made some valid points on why I believe it. If you disagree, let me know why you disagree as it's rare to have a balanced debate on this sort of information.

Done.

TL;DR:
Read the blasted thing, you tart.

Upvote 0
You know what, if you can't get away from "I am correct, I don't care what you say and i'll keep insulting you" then don't reply. I gave a neutral OPINION and made a few points that I said I had done for custom gameplay. I still made points which are exactly in vanilla gameplay but meh, doesn't matter to you. Narrow minded.

I have no reason to talk to people who are here to argue and not debate etc. Cya.

Upvote 0
Entire Sharpshooter's arsenal designed to be "overpowered," by varying degrees I don't know what you guys' deal about it.
I believe anyone can find OP points about any of Sharp's pistols or rifles. So why don't we just cut it here?
Or you guys wanna go on about how you wanted to play with a super-soaker or a nerf gun in Hell on Earth difficulty?

Upvote 0
Uhh.. its this thread again..

Well, sharp guns are op on right hands, but most "skill" weapons are useless without knowledge how to use them.

M14. Give it to a random pub and he will most likely get himself killed because of the weapon.

44.Give it to a pub, and he wont even use it.

HC. Give it to pub, and enjoy watching bodyshots all day.

Xbow. Dont give this one to pubs.

And yea, sharp can definetly do op stuff with practice.
Its not like we see new prosharps erryday.

Gitgud

Upvote 0
Both Xbow and Handcannon were fairly balanced until they have got totally screwed up by several KF patches.

HC got put down to 2 blocks. Hardly ruined. Since I already ueed them mainly as dualies anyway, the only change this gave me was to be able to use dual .44s and a single HC. If anything the HC was made obsolete by the Mk.23 due to how versatile it is.

I agree with your point about the Xbow, but don't spout crap about the HC being ruined because a single HC now weighs 2 blocks.

Upvote 0
On HoE I go:
M14 EBR + Single HC/MK23
or
Crossbow + Single HC/MK23
or
Any of the above heavy hitters with dual side arms

Depends on the situation, play style and class of 5 other teammates and our plan(s).

When I am just messing around in lower difficulties, I go with:
M99 (lol)
or
Crossbow + Dual HC
or
M14 EBR + LAR (No matter how much I practice, I can't roll with this in HoE)
or
Dual HC + Dual MK23 + Dual .44 (Ooooooooh yeeeeeaaaaah, yes I still try for headshots :p )

Upvote 0